Trent Green also on the Packers radar

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno. Trent is certainly qualified for the job ("aging QB leads GB Packers" :D ) I'm afraid though that he's like a boxer with a glass jaw lately and it's too risky (as much for him as the team).

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
He fits the profile of the backup they want.. smarter than talented at this point in his career.. someone to help communication with Rodgers and help him along from time to time and someone to teach the draft pick along the way.

They want someone who has been there, but isn't a threat at this point to challenge Aaron for the starting job but someone that could play if need be. Green falls short in the ability to play department cause of the concussion issue though.. they are looking for a Brad Johnson type of calming force is my guess.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep id be happy to have Green as a mentor to ARod and a potential rookie.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suggested this in another thread as a joke. The man is one hit away from becoming a vegetable. Does he even know where he is?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see what's wrong with simply Craig Nall as our backup and drafting a #3 QB as a project.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see what's wrong with simply Craig Nall as our backup and drafting a #3 QB as a project.

That's what I have been saying. Nall is a great backup to have. I wouldn't mind seeing us get Brunell because I'm a fan of his and I've always liked him for some reason. But I think Nall is a solid backup to Rodgers, I guess not so many people think so.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB really doesn't need a great NFL QB to backup Rodgers. The Packers need a smart player who can teach Rodgers how to react to something or how to handle something. Obviously Rodgers learned a lot from Favre but you still want that mentor around for a player going into his first season as a starting QB. Green wouldn't be a bad choice. He's very smart and he's a well respected player.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thin they are coming out with those new Concussion style helmets we were talking about. Trent can get the first one!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nall does not have much playing experience.

Trent Green and Brunell were both pro bowlers at some point in there careers.

How can Nall answer questions about leading a team when or running a two minute drill when he has never done either in a real game before???

I like Nall, but if he was any good, wouldn't the Vikings or Bears have tried to pick him up by now.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nall does not have much playing experience.

Trent Green and Brunell were both pro bowlers at some point in there careers.

How can Nall answer questions about leading a team when or running a two minute drill when he has never done either in a real game before???

I like Nall, but if he was any good, wouldn't the Vikings or Bears have tried to pick him up by now.

Nall is a capable backup. That's what he is. I'm not claiming he's all that, but as a backup, he's good. He knows the O. He knows half the people on the team already. He doesn't demand a lot of $$$ either.

Does Aaron Rodgers really need more experience? He has already had 3 years behind the best QB to ever play the game.

I strongly think he's ready, and getting an aging Vet is wasting our time and money.

We should be grooming a project, not raiding the retirement home.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope Trent Green retires. He has already had some pretty serious concussions and he's really risking serious injury by continuing to play.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what can ARod learn from Nall who has been a backup QB all his career..how to hold a clipboard??? At least Green and Brunell have experience and could pass on some knowledge to him. In my eyes Arod needs a mentor first and a backup second

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what can ARod learn from Nall who has been a backup QB all his career..how to hold a clipboard??? At least Green and Brunell have experience and could pass on some knowledge to him. In my eyes Arod needs a mentor first and a backup second

My argument is ARod doesn't have to learn anything. He's had 3 years under the best QB ever to learn. Now, it's time for him to stop learning and start playing. He'll learn from experience more than he would from some aging Vet.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a resident of KC...I have seen Trent Green at his best...now he just needs to go to the broadcast booth and have a fine career there.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a resident of KC...I have seen Trent Green at his best...now he just needs to go to the broadcast booth and have a fine career there.

Yep. He seems to like it up there. Got quite a bit of practice during the playoffs too. Difficult to get a concussion while sitting infront of a camera with a mic in your hand.... although.... if there's a way... I'm sure Trent will find it...

Pack93z

Reaction score
Tiger said:

My argument is ARod doesn't have to learn anything. He's had 3 years under the best QB ever to learn. Now, it's time for him to stop learning and start playing. He'll learn from experience more than he would from some aging Vet.

While I agree that he has little to learn, it sure would be nice for him comming off the sidelines after a crucial pick or something negative as walk up to someone whom has been there to kind of make sure he gets past it.. among the thousands of other "game" situations that Aaron hasn't experienced yet through his own eyes.. think calming force.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARod has to learn to be a starter and carry the burden. Saying he has little to learn it just laughable.

Pack93z

Reaction score
ARod has to learn to be a starter and carry the burden. Saying he has little to learn it just laughable.

Now is that learning or experiencing? He has had two years to learn the offense, three to learn the position of being a QB in the NFL and tutored by one of the best.. To me there is a difference between learning and experiencing it and putting it to practice.. but all in prespective.. I understand your point.

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not like to see Green on the Pack. I think he is to the point where he would get another concussion for sitting on the bench to hard.

AR has been sitting around waiting for his turn, but to just hand him the keys would not be the most responsible coaching move. Atleast get somebody in who can give AR some competition during preseason. Make him work, and keep improving.

I am looking forward to seeing how Rodgers can handle the team and what he has, but I am all for bringing in 1 or 2 QBs for preseason. If Rodgers cannot beat them out then the job is not his. Nothing for free. We can always cut the extra players.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:

Now is that learning or experiencing? He has had two years to learn the offense, three to learn the position of being a QB in the NFL and tutored by one of the best.. To me there is a difference between learning and experiencing it and putting it to practice.. but all in prespective.. I understand your point.

theres no doubt ARod knows the X's and the O's but can he handle the pressures and the responsibilities that come with being a Packer QB. You can experience losing a football match but can you learn from the defeat to get better? ARod's biggest challenge begins now :)

Members online

Latest posts