Trap Game?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think Mccarthy needs to even say it but with Carolina coming in here riding a three game losing streak....and on the eve of the thanksgiving lions matchup...... I hope our players arnt looking ahead like the fans are, we have to handle business this week

Id love to see another dominating performance by our defense, theres no reason why this Carolina team should win this game, I hope David Carr is back so we can have a field day with him

Go Pack Go!!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that there's no way MM lets these players look ahead. They get in on Wednesdays, and ask what their job is this week. That's just what they do. MM is gonna have them coached up and ready to make a stand on their homefield.

It's any given Sunday in the NFL, but MM has this team ready and well game-planned every week. I feel the same about this game as I did last week about Minnesota. The Packers are the more talented team with great coaching. Look for good execution and another dominant home performance.

MIPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm coming home from Detroit to see this game, so it better not be a trap game. I think MM will have them ready and let's just hope for a solid performance.

FrozenTundra1979

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know for sure I'm not looking ahead. Every win for the Pack is like my next junkie fix, never get enough.

There's no way we underestimate the Panthers coming in. Though the record doesn't show, it's evident that Carolina still has a nice O-front and two solid backs. Neither have been consistent, and will enjoy it to remain that way.

Our team has a presence that was felt this last weekend, I don't know if the Minister is looking down on Lambeau or what, but this is getting entertaining.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I was at the Carolina game last Sunday, and they looked BAD. The stadium was only half full, quiet, and the team just look sloppy. I can't imagine how they could beat us even if we were looking ahead a bit. The panther's are not very good AT ALL right now.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the Carolina game last Sunday, and they looked BAD. The stadium was only half full, quiet, and the team just look sloppy. I can't imagine how they could beat us even if we were looking ahead a bit. The panther's are not very good AT ALL right now.

Sure this has the potential to be a trap game, they look like crap on paper as well but for an interesting side note, there road record is 4 and 1. Granted the wins came against:

- St Louis
- Atlanta
- New Orleans and
- Arizona

We play to our potential and your probably right DoddPower but "Any Given Sunday" my friend !!!

Go Pack !!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
Carr? Let's hope Vinny plays, Brett will feel like a rookie with Vinny on the other side.

I wonder if this would be some kind of record for combined age of starting QB's?

That's a good question. I bet the broadcasters will be all over it. They love stuff like that.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the closest i can think of would be when marino and elway met in elway's final year. they would have both been about 37/38.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina is absolutely garbage right now. without lettin steve smith sneak off with a long bomb on a secondary mistake... i see another shut out coming. and im serious. that offense looks absolutely weak and lost.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn a shutout would seriously bring tears to my eyes.... i mean if we even come close to a shutout id be happy,,,,, even if we dont give up a touchdown ill take that for sure

go pack go!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think Mccarthy needs to even say it but with Carolina coming in here riding a three game losing streak....and on the eve of the thanksgiving lions matchup...... I hope our players arnt looking ahead like the fans are, we have to handle business this week

Id love to see another dominating performance by our defense, theres no reason why this Carolina team should win this game, I hope David Carr is back so we can have a field day with him

Go Pack Go!!!!

Is Steve Smith healthy?
If so, we have problems. Steve Smith can give anyone problems.

Never look past any game, and never underestimate your opponent.

That said, we should win this game, but I'm confident MM is saying the same thing I just said to the team.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:

Go Pack Go!!!!

Is Steve Smith healthy?

That said, we should win this game, but I'm confident MM is saying the same thing I just said to the team.

Steve Smith is healthy, but they do NOT have a quaterback that can get him the ball, especially since he's like their only weapon. Look at his stats since Delhome went down. We need to be prepared, yes, but the panthers are no where near as good as the vikings right now. Coach MM will have the team prepared and I am not concerned at all. We will take care of bidness!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
brennan1884 said:

Go Pack Go!!!!

Is Steve Smith healthy?

Steve Smith is healthy, but they do NOT have a quaterback that can get him the ball, especially since he's like their only weapon. Look at his stats since Delhome went down. We need to be prepared, yes, but the panthers are no where near as good as the vikings right now. Coach MM will have the team prepared and I am not concerned at all. We will take care of bidness!

Oh, believe me. If we don't win by 14 points, I'm gonna be pissed.

I just don't think we should write off anyone.

As long as we play it one week at a time, I see the final score being something like 28-3. I'd love to see back to back blowouts.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's so easy to think, due to Carolina's recent performances, that we're leaps and bounds better than them. The truth is, they have a solid run game with DeAngelo Williams and Deshaun Foster. Never forget about Steve Smith. I love our corners, but typically a great receiver has an advantage over a great corner. If Carolina can run well enough to bring one of our safeties down in the box, then the defense we are so used to playing (corners on an island) might not be a reality. I know Harris has had success against Smith before and Smith hasn't had huge numbers this year... but that's why this could be a trap game: Smith CAN and SHOULD be a dominating player every week. Julius Peppers, who has been relatively quite, CAN and SHOULD be an impact player on every down. The fact that they haven't to this point says nothing about their ability to be.

If the Packers can stop the run and keep enough of a run game on offense to spread the ball around, I think we'll be fine. Oh, and playing largely penalty free like against the Vikes won't hurt.

Basically, I respect the hell out of Carolina's athletes and "potential." Let's kick their ***.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we are playing on Thursday, it would be nice to get out to a big lead and be able to one..rest some of the starters and two...give the backups some playing time.

These kind of games are scary, these guys are all pros and like a wounded animal will fight the hardest when thing are the worst.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is a formidable team who has had a rough year to say the least....its the nfl and any team can win, however its a home game and they are on a 3 game loosing streak

I say Pack 24- Panthers 10

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and playing largely penalty free like against the Vikes won't hurt.

spot on! if all they have got is Steve Smith, then make sure it's 100 yards he will need to get to the end zone, don't give them a free ride up the field with silly penalties. dude might be in bad form, but if they are starting their drives from in our territory, we will give him his form back. let's have the zebra's keep those little yellow hankeys in their pockets.