Tramon Williams says NFL teams caught up to Dom Capers' scheme

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I didn't point it out specifically, I also imagine that the corners on the roster will be healthier than in the past and the team won't be starting guys that shouldn't be on the field.
it can't get any worse. king's willingness to throw his body around like a linebacker is worrisome. i don't want him to be a deion sanders, in the tackling dept, but something between sanders and chuck cecil (lol) would at least keep him on the field.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I will always picture Chuck Cecil as this guy. :)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

yup. he, and the original mark murphy, would hit people so hard they'd hurt themselves.

Yes. Mark Steven Murphy, not to be confused with another NFL Safety and now CEO of the Packers, Mark Hodge Murphy. He was a big hitter from what I remember and also probably one of the top 10 UDFA's the Packers ever signed. Especially considering back then, when I think the draft was 12 rounds.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. So you aren't throwing him under the bus, but Williams comments were? ;)

I mean I get it, the man has left, did some good things, so for some you just let things be and move forward. But Williams really didn't say anything that others haven't and I also think if you had the chance to sit down with Williams for an hour, I am sure he could tell you a lot of positive things about Dom and he may have to whoever interviewed him. But why would they print that? Controversy sells.
I was joking. I was a big fan of the early capers 3-4. Drafted raji/Mathews. Still had the remnants of the 4-3 dline... and what do you know, they were good... but this 1 man front with raji was loco. The two man front is weak as a base defense... you simply can not abandon the dline...

I'm glad we seen it through. Shows stability and diligence in the organization. But I'm also glad we are back to the basics. My guy is bigger , stronger and faster than your guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

The two man front is weak as a base defense... you simply can not abandon the dline...

I'm glad we seen it through. Shows stability and diligence in the organization. But I'm also glad we are back to the basics. My guy is bigger , stronger and faster than your guy.

The Packers, just like every other team in the league, will predominantly line up with only two defensive linemen as opposing offenses force them to use subpackages with at least five defensive backs.