1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dom Capers reevaluates how to cover Vikings QB Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Oct 21, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers reevaluates how to cover Vikings QB Brett Favre | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

2. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Dom Capers defenses have never beaten Brett Favre. I think this article states the obvious; that is, he HAS to do something differently than he has ever done against Favre. I thought it was funny how the article basically says; He'll do it by blitzing or not blitzing. I read that and went "duh" in my mind.

3. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    I think he has full confidence in Matthews now to let him run wild

4. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    This is probably really naive of me. But why doesn't Capers study the Jets/Vikings game tapes to see how to stop them? It seems to me the Jets gave a pretty good blue print of what to do. Put C. Wood on Moss all night and mix the defense around a lot just pre-snap so Favre can't read who's coming and who isn't.

5. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I am pretty sure Capers is looking at that game tape. The Packers also better look to help Bulaga this week. I think we need to let Rodgers get out of the pocket to use his feet and pick up first downs too instead of the having a 3rd down conversion ratio that is totally pathetic.

6. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    honestly last year i was so furstrated with both vikings games because our D played entirely different from normal, and i think thats why we lost. we didnt pressure at all, and so he had all day. ON PURPOSE.

7. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I agree, and he better! A guy that instinctive needs to be let loose! ha

8. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    we didn't get any pressure on him last year. This year we are much better at rushing the passer.

9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,002
    I see Matthews with 3 sacks and 1 unnecessary roughness penalty.

10. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I would definately take a 15 yarder if it didnt make a difference in the game haha, it just might be worth it! ha

Also, if Bigby does play, I can see him with a helmet to helmet.. He's one that 'missels' himself, but it sure is fun to watch!

11. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    Man last year pissed me off so much, we need both games this year I say we should live by the blitz die by the blitz make old favre throw some toss ups. Let al stick it to percy show him what a jam is.

12. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Favre hasnt handled the blitz well as of late, we need to get at him with some exotic packages and put the hurt one him, it will force him to make stupid throws

13. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Maybe every Packer fan can kick in a few bucks and pay for any fines Clay gets from the NFL?

14. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I'm more worried about our offense getting it's arse in gear. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes did put up a decent amount of points. We should be at least matching it.

15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I hope Favre doesn't plan on whining his silly little head off to the refs anytime a Packer gets within a 2 foot radius of his precious self. ....They're animals, I tell you!!!!!!

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I EXPECT the unnecessary roughness call. In fact, I DEMAND it. But it need to be timed right.
    It just can't happen when we're stopping them. It needs to happen early in the game, to send a message.

I want Favre to be hit hard and often. No need to LT on Theismann, but get the old man bruised up! It's football, goddammit!!!! Not ballet.

BTW, Capers has NEVER won against Favre. NEVER. So...

17. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    There is always a first time for everything. And if Dom doesnt **** his brains out for breakfast on Sunday like he did twice last year it should be ok. Like you said hit Favre early and often and itll put him into freak out mode like it always does. If someone is gonna draw the penalty tho let it be someone we can stand to lose for a game and not someone like Clay or Chuck

18. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,973
    I'll give him this much. I don't remember him ever whining to refs about the hits on him. His team might, but if I recall, he used to get up and get right in the face of whoever hit him. Sometimes he'll even jump up and smack em on the butt.

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477

Yup that is actually one thing about him that is awesome

20. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Thanks for that! I guess I will concede him that too! But we shall see Sunday night! :happy0005:

21. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    As long as that roghness call doesn't include a helmet shot and get Matthews ejected from the game

22. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    As long as that roughness call doesn't have any helmet to helmet and get him ejected.:viksux:

23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    That would be something. Rodgers is hit in the helmet every single game, and there's never even a flag.
    And in the first game that the league decides to punish more severely helmet-to-helmet hits, a Packers player is ejected.

I THINK that would make me take a shotgun and fly to the NFL headquarters. Not that I condone violence in any way.

24. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Yea it is getting out of hand what is looked over when it happens to the Packers, and what is called against us.

25. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    If Rodgers takes shots all day and doesn't get any of those calls, I'm going to be pissed if Matthews gets one.