Tramon Stilled "Snubbed"?

Reaction score
ESPN Analysts voted on the top 10 corners. Their top 10 is...

1. Darrelle Revis, New York Jets
2. Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders
3. Charles Woodson, Green Bay Packers
4. Asante Samuel, Philadelphia Eagles
5. Champ Bailey, Denver Broncos
6. Antoine Winfield, Minnesota Vikings
7. Tramon Williams, Green Bay Packers
8. Devin McCourty, New England Patriots
9. DeAngelo Hall, Washington Redskins
10. Cortland Finnegan, Tennessee Titans

I believe Williams should be ahead of at least Winfield and possibly Samuel. (Bailey too?). If you looked at top players, Woodson would probably be higher than Williams but isn't Williams a better corner than Woodson?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/23050/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-cornerbacks

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
true. To be honest, I think Woodson will end up having a better career, but Williams is just the better corner today.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good. I like guys who play a little pissed off and with a chip on their shoulder. For the record, I'm also glad Rodgers got beat out for the cover of Madden.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, those guys are idiots. Half of them didn't even put Tramonster in the top 10, choosing instead to include scrubs like Ron Bartell and Quentin Jammer (ok, they aren't exactly scrubs, but by no means do they deserve to be in anyone's top 10). Also, DeAngelo Hall should not be on there. Yeah, sure he had 6 interceptions, but that's only because Jay Cutler is an idiot and kept throwing it right at Hall (he threw 4 interceptions to Hall that game). All my friends who are Redskins fan complain about how he constantly gets beat in coverage.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeAngelo Hall has been overrated his entire career and I am still trying to figure out why people think he is so good. He DOES make big plays, but that's it. He can't cover anybody.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
ESPN Analysts voted on the top 10 corners. Their top 10 is...

1. Darrelle Revis, New York Jets
2. Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders
3. Charles Woodson, Green Bay Packers
4. Asante Samuel, Philadelphia Eagles
5. Champ Bailey, Denver Broncos
6. Antoine Winfield, Minnesota Vikings
7. Tramon Williams, Green Bay Packers
8. Devin McCourty, New England Patriots
9. DeAngelo Hall, Washington Redskins
10. Cortland Finnegan, Tennessee Titans

I believe Williams should be ahead of at least Winfield and possibly Samuel. (Bailey too?). If you looked at top players, Woodson would probably be higher than Williams but isn't Williams a better corner than Woodson?

Power Rankings: Top 10 NFL cornerbacks - AFC South Blog - ESPN

Not sure if serious regarding Antoine Winfield being on that list. Hall shouldn't be on there, makes some plays but really isn't a great cover corner.

Still, pretty cool to have had one of the best CB tandems in the league for about 5 or 6 years now. Woodson/Harris and Woodson/Tramon.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon is better than Woodson at this point. And agree with the other posters, Hall? WTF is he doing on the list? Thanks Jay Cutler.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon.

ESPN "analists"... Some idiot said that he didn't vote for Tramon because he wasn't the #1 corner and didn't guard the #1 WR.

Those guys are just a bunch of self-centered morons that only watch the games close to them and only notice what's in front of their nose.

ESPN as a rule of thumb is analysis for principiants. They give you the cliches and the blalant facts. They can't make any in-depth analysis whatsoever.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only good football info you can get from ESPN is from that show that airs at like 6 am on Sundays. Excellent show. I heard Peter King talking about it so I tivoed it and he was right, it was excellent.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon is the better cover guy at this point, but Woodson does so many things very well.

I would probably give the nod to Tramon, but then again, Woodson allows the defense to do much more and is probably more valuable as a player.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Cmon.

ESPN "analists"... Some idiot said that he didn't vote for Tramon because he wasn't the #1 corner and didn't guard the #1 WR.

Those guys are just a bunch of self-centered morons that only watch the games close to them and only notice what's in front of their nose.

ESPN as a rule of thumb is analysis for principiants. They give you the cliches and the blalant facts. They can't make any in-depth analysis whatsoever.

ESPN isn't good for much anymore. Like you said, there is very little real analysis from any of the analysts, mostly just them telling me things I already knew.

Remaining good ESPN analysts:

Ron Jaworski
Merrill Hoge
Jon Gruden

Having hard a time thinking of any others.

Ivo, the show you're thinking of is Edge NFL Matchup and yes, it's by far the best football show on. A shame that they air it when nobody watches. Almost had to cancel the show this past year.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Tramon at 7 is pretty respectable, he's a "newer" starter and he got a put another season like that together to be the top 3

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon is a better cover-corner than Woodson at this point.
But Woodson does so much more than just cover. We all noticed the huge dropoff in the Super Bowl when Charles was in there, and after he cracked his collar bone. It was dramatic. That game was going to be a blowout if that turf wasn't so damn hard.

I'm happy to see Tramon ranked this high, but I would not trade him for Samuel for sure. Or Winfield because he's old and breaking down. But he's a warrior that little guy.

People forget how huge the plays were that Tramon made.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Picked against the Packers every single game last season

Said that Brian Brohm would be a better QB than Rodgers and would eventually supplant him

THIS guy, well, actually I like Gruden, but he kisses ***** too much.

I mean that I think those guys are good at giving me more than just cliches and telling me who the good players are. They talk about the more intrinsic parts of the game, the in-depth stuff that you rarely get from ESPN.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally think Tramon should be ranked higher, not to take anything away from Woodson. These lists are subjective in nature. I would like to know what subject matter, criteria, analysis of stats and comparisons all went into comprising the order of these lists. We all seem to have some differing variance of opinion regarding where a single player, Tramon, should be placed. Therefore, we can determine these lists are subjective, with each maker using a different set of criteria to determine placement.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I personally think Tramon should be ranked higher, not to take anything away from Woodson. These lists are subjective in nature. I would like to know what subject matter, criteria, analysis of stats and comparisons all went into comprising the order of these lists. We all seem to have some differing variance of opinion regarding where a single player, Tramon, should be placed. Therefore, we can determine these lists are subjective, with each maker using a different set of criteria to determine placement.

Agreed. What makes the ESPN analysts any more qualified than the folks on this forum. Voting is pretty much a collection of people's opinions. I'll bet if a couple of the analysts were undercover Packer fans, Williams would have been ranked 1 or 2, with Woodson being the other. IMO

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they valued playing time over the course of an entire career over recent season? If not then no way should Tramon be out of top 5.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If you read the story, there's no question they're talking about the best CBs in 2010 and not the best over a players’ career. I understand those covering the league as a whole don't know as much about the Packers as we fanatical Packers fans but they didn’t have to watch too many Packers games to realize the Packers played more nickel than base and in the nickel Woodson was more of a hybrid CB/S/LB than a cover corner and that Williams covered the opponents’ best WR much more often than Woodson.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
If you read the story, there's no question they're talking about the best CBs in 2010 and not the best over a players’ career. I understand those covering the league as a whole don't know as much about the Packers as we fanatical Packers fans but they didn’t have to watch too many Packers games to realize the Packers played more nickel than base and in the nickel Woodson was more of a hybrid CB/S/LB than a cover corner and that Williams covered the opponents’ best WR much more often than Woodson.

Yes, if it was a players career everyone here realizes that Woodson would easily be number 1. Asante Samuel
shouldn't be as high on the list and neither should Hall who 2/3 of his interceptions came from Jay Pickler himself.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, if it was a players career everyone here realizes that Woodson would easily be number 1. Asante Samuel
shouldn't be as high on the list and neither should Hall who 2/3 of his interceptions came from Jay Pickler himself.

Indeed. The list being based on the duration of a players career or the duration of one single season (2010) makes a huge difference. For career, Woodson would be #1, for 2010 season, it's all Tramon. I honestly wouldn't put Hall on the list at all, but that's just me.

Members online

Latest posts