Trading Kampman

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Maybe the defense will adjust and get the most out of one of their best past players. Kampmann constantly pressured the passer in the past. Double digit sacks. Now it seems that is taken away. I think that they could have traded him for decent value in the off season. I couldnt see him transitioning then, and I personally dont think that he will be able to make even close to the same impact the rest of the season that he did the past 2 years.

I would say that Kampmanns past merits and ability more than proves that it's not so much a "player" issue, but more a coaching-implementation issue ... Other 3-4 defenses have large guys who are still able to make plays ... Again I reiterate, trading Kampmann this early in the season would be a mistake ... and in some parts also seems like a "panic" issue ...

- Transitioning from a totally different defensive scheme to a new one during off season, without having "real" games to test it out in (I don't count practices and pre-seasons games "serious" enough to be able to fully get a real feedback from).

In my view Kampmann isn't the problem here, and that is why I don't agree when people say or postulate the possibility of him being traded ...

I think it is quite evident that this new defensive scheme is very new to all the players on that (defensive) line ... - The offensive line is the line that Packers should be focusing on getting changed and reinforced with trades primarily, not the defensive one ...

Edit:

Reading the transcripts from the last press conference on TT (Greenbay Press Gazette) ... - I'll admit I'm not impressed by TT's performance as a GM in general, however, reading that in my opinion, shows that it would seem that he is in "over his head" atm. and that he isn't really able (and or willing ?) to do a whole lot about it ... - Even going as far as "inserting" a small "pill" on Rodgers ability to read plays ? (which I actually agree on heh - all though that might (should) change with more experience)

Just my thoughts ...

Members online

Latest posts