Trading down

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overall we had a good draft. But the problem with trading down is this warm body approach only works if you have a lot of needs. We are approaching the point where we don't. Most of the guys we drafted will wind up being cut, probably half. At some point you have to trade up and get quality. Most of the teams with the best drafts this year did that. Harrell was a good pick and then we got a lot of "what ifs" and "maybes". Our top needs were RB, WR, TE and S and I don't see where we significantly upgraded at any. Lot's of warm bodies that will be gone when the season starts.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know much about the players available, but it was said that there was no WR RB or S more worthy if the 16th pick than Harrell was.

Then we added WRs, RBs and a S.

The only miss I can see is that we didn't pick up any corners. That was the one position that I think we're at the most risk due to injury.

thickening up or WR core is necessary.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we have a solid veteran backup in Walker. Blackmon still has potential, and some guy named Dendy (I think Trom knows a little about him) played fairly well for a backup last year.

But I agree, this will be a need very soon. But for this season, I am happy with it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Dendy, Woodson, Harris, Walker, Blackmon is nice, but more depth is needed.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny because some people were saying TT's biggest mistake was NOT trading down a few spots for Harrell and then the same for Jackson.

They felt in both cases he could have gotten these guys AND obtained a few more picks.

My point is that you don't know who had come off the board that he may have wanted which may have influenced him not to wait and miss out on the next guy he wanted.

I could see where in the first round he may have been thinking Lynch and then Ginn and when they both went down he did not want to mess around trading down and losing Harrell too.

I know what your saying about staying put and getting better quality but in this draft TT was chastised for NOT trading down a few pics first.

Members online

Latest posts