Trade Rumors - Favre to TB

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please go easy. The subject is not meant to inflame.

It's just a rumor, mind you, but there are a lot of Buc fans, including radio announcers, who are hearing that there might be something to it.

Think about it. The Pack is rebuilding. Is it better for the Packer organization to have an aging Favre get a few more records and eke out a few wins, maybe? Or is it better to get some value for him now and build for the future? What would it take to trade him? Would the Pack be throwing away substantial merchandising profits for the next 10 years?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it could happen i guess.... BUT... it would have to be Favre initiating. No one wants to be the guy who traded brett favre, and i dont think favre wants to be the guy who abandoned his team. I dont see it happen but it could

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With TT running the circus formerly known as the Green Bay Packers, anything is possible (and I don't mean that in a good way). :roll:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
In Favre's post game press conf...he stated "I love playing QB for this team".

Standard quote that is meaningless. What is he supposed to say?

That is just like after the draft. Is a GM going to say "We sucked. DIdn't get any players that we liked". Bet that has never happened.

If TB would give up a first round pick next year, you would be a fool to not take it.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The state would be in an uproar.

I doubt there are any tuths to it. Yesterday in the pregame show, Jimmy Johnson said it would make sense. Except for the fact that It won't happen.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't take this seriously unless there is some real evidence that it could happen. It does make sense in a way, but with all the team has done to keep Favre, and all he has done to stay in Green Bay, I just don't see it happening.

Thanks for mentioning that you don't mean to inflame. So far nobody has gotten upset about it.

By the way, has anyone here ever tried to picture Favre in the uniform of another NFL team? It just doesn't look right at all.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the amount of quality young players the GB may have right now, how would 2 more #1's next year look? (One of them probably being pretty high)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be the sour one but we will hear this every week and as every other time it's a waste of a thread. What was last week KC? Wonder who next week will be...Detroit?

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone should set up a poll to see how many Packer fans would like to see Favre traded, and how many would not.

Gilbertdaman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't make much since to me seeing TB is in no better shape or maybe a little better than the pack. Could see him going to a play type team if the need arised but hope it doesn't happen.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Favre would be like Paul Molitor leaving the Brewers and the Braves moving out of Milwaukee. This would be an outrage. I said once that I wouldnt blame him if he wanted a trade, I take it back. I cannot bear to see it happen. Besides, what use would Brett be to another team. Its just not right or natural.

Gilbertdaman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't make much since to me seeing TB is in no better shape or maybe a little better than the pack. Could see him going to a play type team if the need arised but hope it doesn't happen.

Gilbertdaman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the same thing after Sundays game. Tampa could really use a good QB with Simms just struggling. Although Tampa doesn't exactly have a great o-line either but none the less it's enough to get them to the playoffs. This would be an ideal fit IF the Pack were to trade Favre.

In the end though Favre is a Packer for the rest of the year.

Next year though don't be suprised.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's one for you....has anyone thought of the salary cap?

Yes, it's bloated, but Tampa would have to suck in $10 million of Favre's salary.

Also, let's look at it from Favre's point of view. He gets traded to Tampa. He has to...as we close in on mid-season...learn a new system. Gruden runs something like the Packers WCO, but at soon to be 37 years old, he's simply would retire. Tampa is no closer, apparently, to winning than the Packers. Why on earth would he accept that trade?

This is nonsense started by Bucs fans in a panic. They thought their team would be good this year.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Here's one for you....has anyone thought of the salary cap?

Yes, it's bloated, but Tampa would have to suck in $10 million of Favre's salary.

Also, let's look at it from Favre's point of view. He gets traded to Tampa. He has to...as we close in on mid-season...learn a new system. Gruden runs something like the Packers WCO, but at soon to be 37 years old, he's simply would retire. Tampa is no closer, apparently, to winning than the Packers. Why on earth would he accept that trade?

This is nonsense started by Bucs fans in a panic. They thought their team would be good this year.

GRRRREAT post, net!! while it's 'interesting' (in a macabre sort of way) to think about the future of the packers without favre - this is just what you said - nonsense!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Trading Favre would be like Paul Molitor leaving the Brewers and the Braves moving out of Milwaukee. This would be an outrage. I said once that I wouldnt blame him if he wanted a trade, I take it back. I cannot bear to see it happen. Besides, what use would Brett be to another team. Its just not right or natural.

Wait -- Didn't those things happen?? Kind of like Jordan leaving the Bulls??

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
PackerChick said:

Wait -- Didn't those things happen?? Kind of like Jordan leaving the Bulls??
The list is lengthy...Montana, Namath, et al.
Hammer

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This does not make sense. Tampa is struggling mightily, and it is just not Simms. Their o-line sucks and, suprisingly, their defense is getting handled as of late. Why leave a floundering team for another floundering team? If anything, he might go to a playoff caliber team that is missing a QB to make a push....but what kind of push can a team make when the QB brought in has to learn a new system during the season.

He is going nowhere.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simms is sporting the "deer in the headlights" look this year. Mostly the fault of their crappy line, but the opposition knows that if you get in his face at all, he chucks it hurredly and sidearm. This makes the problem worse. On top of that, the running game suffers from said OL, and the defense is aging in a hurry. They are going nowhere, neither is Favre.
Hammer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts