Trade Rumors - Favre to TB

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one, would love to see him go. BUT consider the ticket sales. WI is in love with Brett and he left, we might see our first game without sell out attendance.

It may be a logical decision to make, especially if we lose the next two weeks, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it would happen.

Brett should have hung it up last year, we're rebuilding, no matter what TT says, and there's no point dragging him down with us. If our QB is going to make bad decisions and inaccurate throws, let it atleast be a new young QB who is going to learn from him mistakes. Brett has proven that he's the gunslinger. He's going to take risks, and our team can't afford the turn overs.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
DePack said:
In Favre's post game press conf...he stated "I love playing QB for this team".

Standard quote that is meaningless. What is he supposed to say?

That is just like after the draft. Is a GM going to say "We sucked. DIdn't get any players that we liked". Bet that has never happened.

If TB would give up a first round pick next year, you would be a fool to not take it.

I don't ever remember a bear QB saying it.

Remember to TT....1 first round pick equals 4 seventh rounders.

It's not really that surprising to see a bear fan wanting Favre traded.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
:D Talk is cheap. Can't see Favre going anywhere; think he'd retire first.

Sure. Brett would go out like Ryne Sandberg did with the Cubs in '94. Ryno retired at midseason that year. Thats the way to do it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will continue to see these rumors until the Packers start winning. If they don't start winning, the "experts" will be starting these rumors the reast of the year.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I think we will continue to see these rumors until the Packers start winning. If they don't start winning, the "experts" will be starting these rumors the reast of the year.

Trading deadline is Week 6, so they likely won't go past then (though I'm pretty sure that the experts will then switch immediately to the Favre retirement watch).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh....i didn't know about the deadline. Now, IF the Packers start improving, i can see Favre still here even next year. But if they still stink at the end of the season, i can see him going somewhere else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts