TRADE idea !!

Reaction score
are you serious. they would jump at the chance to get Rodgers. especially when all they lose is a guy who wants to play one more year and retire. a guy that has been a locker room problem for them and a guy who doesn't get along so well with Parcells.

If that trade came up... they would accept it in a minute. If that trade came up I would throw up on myself repeatedly. Thats throwing away potential and all 3 years of grooming and investing for one year with Jason "Hollywood" Taylor.

Worst trade ever.

I don't think Parcell's would be quite open to the idea of having a player who can still put up pro-bowl numbers be sent packing for a player like A-Rod.

The Dolphins don't need another young QB who will need time to learn the system and get familiar with his receivers. They have two in Beck and Henne.

If I was Parcells, I'd shoot down any package that included Aaron Rodgers. Instead, I'd ask for Greg Jennings, seeing as he is a budding superstar, and the team (Dolphins) have a glaring need at WR.

You can't say that about Aaron (yet), IMO. He hasn't really proven capable of being a consistently great player, and he doesn't fill a need for the Dolphins. McCown is going to start, and either Henne or Beck will emerge. That's what I think Parcells is hoping.

Reaction score
I think you just answered why they would do it. Beck was horrible and Henne is a rookie.

I love A-Rod, but if we had a two year commitment from Brett and Jason Taylor, I would make this deal to give us two shots at making the super bowl. And if that didn't work, we'd have Brohm ready to go in 2010.

Granted Beck was horrible, but he didn't exactly have a ton to work with. I think Parcells sees some potential with him, or otherwise he would've been gone when Bill cleaned house down in Miami.

Given that Henne was a second round pick, I think it's clear that the Dolphins didn't draft him to be a back-up. At some point they expect him to make a push to be a starter.

With McCown signing with the Dolphins, he's their immediate starter. That buys the Dolphins time to see who from Beck/Henne emerges in the future. The Dolphins have to think one will, since they drafted Henne and kept Beck after a disastrous year.

As for that terrible year Beck had last year, it isn't as if he was on an excellent team. He had a bad o-line, below average WRs, and the starting TE was David Martin. I think that says it all. You can't blame Beck's bad year as a rookie solely on Beck, and take that as evidence that he can't succeed in the NFL.

So basically I think having A-Rod is redundant for the Dolphins. A young QB that is spending his first year in their system.... they already have two of those and don't need another. Definitely not for a pro-bowl player that still has something left in the tank.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think you just answered why they would do it. Beck was horrible and Henne is a rookie.

I love A-Rod, but if we had a two year commitment from Brett and Jason Taylor, I would make this deal to give us two shots at making the super bowl. And if that didn't work, we'd have Brohm ready to go in 2010.

Granted Beck was horrible, but he didn't exactly have a ton to work with. I think Parcells sees some potential with him, or otherwise he would've been gone when Bill cleaned house down in Miami.

Given that Henne was a second round pick, I think it's clear that the Dolphins didn't draft him to be a back-up. At some point they expect him to make a push to be a starter.

With McCown signing with the Dolphins, he's their immediate starter. That buys the Dolphins time to see who from Beck/Henne emerges in the future. The Dolphins have to think one will, since they drafted Henne and kept Beck after a disastrous year.

As for that terrible year Beck had last year, it isn't as if he was on an excellent team. He had a bad o-line, below average WRs, and the starting TE was David Martin. I think that says it all. You can't blame Beck's bad year as a rookie solely on Beck, and take that as evidence that he can't succeed in the NFL.

So basically I think having A-Rod is redundant for the Dolphins. A young QB that is spending his first year in their system.... they already have two of those and don't need another. Definitely not for a pro-bowl player that still has something left in the tank.

Arod was a better prospect than both of their current QBs. has received nothing but positive praise from coaching staff and has shown at least a little promise in games. neither Henne nor Beck can say any of that.

Brett Favre, would also have to learn the receivers and learn a new system. So in that case if you were Parcells you would want the younger guy with potential rather than the guy who has at best another year left.

and Jason Taylor was being shopped for draft picks.... I think Parcells would gladly take Arod for JT. but i also think TT would squash that so very quickly.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I don't think Parcell's would be quite open to the idea of having a player who can still put up pro-bowl numbers be sent packing for a player like A-Rod.

The Dolphins don't need another young QB who will need time to learn the system and get familiar with his receivers. They have two in Beck and Henne.

If I was Parcells, I'd shoot down any package that included Aaron Rodgers. Instead, I'd ask for Greg Jennings, seeing as he is a budding superstar, and the team (Dolphins) have a glaring need at WR.

You can't say that about Aaron (yet), IMO. He hasn't really proven capable of being a consistently great player, and he doesn't fill a need for the Dolphins. McCown is going to start, and either Henne or Beck will emerge. That's what I think Parcells is hoping.

If TT got rid of Gregorious, I'd be really pissed.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Holy old thread batman! Pretty interesting looking back at some of the comments in this thread. Imagine how things would be different if the idea of this trade actually happened? Yikes!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
One problem in the deal is neither Favre or Taylor would commit too more than one season. Favre hasn’t said he’d play more than one year in quite along time. Taylor, I think would if Favre is around and the team is good but that’s just speculation.
Porky88,I'm not taking your msg serious as you were either intoxicated or just plan crazy

Members online

Latest posts