Trade Aaron Rodgers NOW

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
how any one can say 3-13 is going to happen with Rodgers is beyond me

just as saying with rodgers they wont really miss a beat..

I will say it again..

The coaches and upper management believe Brett is the better q/b right now...Which means Rodgers CANT beat out Brett..

And by saying Brett is better, he gives the PACKERS the best chance to win..

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Fuzznuts said:
He took him because nobody else wanted him 16 picks before Green Bay in the first round.....

(Gee revisionist history is fun, isn't if boys and girls....?)

Ah..Fuzz is stealing my punchlines again..but added misspellings [Joke]

Nobody wanted Tom Brady for 90 something picks.
Nobody wanted BRETT FAVRE in the entire first round...

Weak argument that's been used OVER and OVER and no one can't seem to register that the person you love so dear...BRETT FAVRE went LOWER in the draft. Draft position is an indicator of NOTHING.

Lots of T.T's draft picks were ones NO ONE else wanted. But HE saw something in them and those other people who passed them up are looking mighty stupid.

Next.

Yes..GEE reVEEEZIONEEST HEESTORY ISH FUN! EESINT IFF? BOYZ n GURLZ??[Joke]

p.s. And people aren't giving Rodgers WAYYY to much credit.
It's so skewed for Favre fans to see. If anyone even mentions
another QB besides him...you guys jump to defend him and jump
to hate on and criticize that other QB!

It's biased, defensive, overreactive and silly...

No one is anointing Rodgers as anything yet...

Let's clear that up sometime this century???

Some are excited for change. That's about it.

Now get back to saying how Rodgers is overated..Brett's god..
yada yada.
I don't "hate" Rodgers. He's just a 100% unknown. Favre is a PROVEN leader, who might not be as good as he once was, but is STILL better then the majority of QB's in the NFL, and is better then a totally unknown Rodgers.
Excited for change? You mean, from 13-3 to maybe 3-13? I'm not in a hurry to see that. You are right about that.
Like i have said here MANY times.......look at just the teams in our own division. They have gone through how many dozens of QB's since Favre has been here? Are you in a hurry to JOIN that "revolving door" group?
Go ahead.....be excited.

yeah but this isnt a fire Favre thread... Its a trade Rodgers thread.

regardless of wether or not you think Favre needs to go... Rodgers doesnt need to be traded.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will say it again..

The coaches and upper management believe Brett is the better q/b right now...Which means Rodgers CANT beat out Brett..

Quote's from Mike McCarthy [after the Dallas game]

"Aaron Rodgers is going to be a fine QB in this league when it's his time. I just can't give him enough opportunities" [i.e. Brett is in the way. Not a knock on Favre at all..13-3. no arguing that. But we have TWO good QBs. That's my point]

ANd it's funny..McCarthy NEVER said that about Alex Smith.

I'm just saying Brett Favre aside...Aaron's gonna be a good QB for the packers. Bottom line.

I don't have to knock Brett to support Rodgers. It's not the law of gravity.
You can support both..it's okay guys!

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read McCarthy commenting on Alex Smith that they (49ers) including him thought he was the better QB of the two.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know glad i'm not t.t. and have to make those choices but brett should come back for the season give roghers more time to see what a great q.b can do look what it did for matt :D

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alex Smiths career has however been ruined by throwing him to the dogs too early and the fact that he now will start to learn under his 4th OC in as many years..

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read McCarthy commenting on Alex Smith that they (49ers) including him thought he was the better QB of the two.

McCarthy commented that he felt Smith was the "more athletic"
of the two. Since then, he has said (as Packers coach)...that he's been impressed w/Rodgers' athleticism and he said he didn't see this element of him when he was back at CAL.

Rodger's response was that he wasn't required to use his athleticism in the system he was in and now he gets to show it [Dallas game.]

In the actual draft..McCarthy wanted Rodgers because he felt he was more
"NFL ready". He proved to be right. But Mike Nolan wanted Smith
and overruled him.

Again..rehashed history that's been talked about over and over

(same as the weak argument by Fuzz of Aaron dropping in the draft...but Brett Favre fell further than him..and when I present that point..everybody runs and hides and then brings that argument up again weeks later)

you can find or I can send you all the San Jose Mercury news reports.

Bottom line. McCarthy wanted Rodgers. Nolan wanted Smith. Nolan won..the 49ers lost. Smith Sucks..McCarthy left.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alex Smiths career has however been ruined by throwing him to the dogs too early and the fact that he now will start to learn under his 4th OC in as many years..

Partly. He also did not have the raw talent to begin with.
He locks onto his receivers(Alex Smith). Shawn Hill is the 3rd string QB
on the niners and he's been through as many OCs but he's clearly outplayed Smith. That speaks volumes.

And most of the teams that overlooked Rodgers and were looking for a QB are still looking for a QB.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I will say it again..

"Aaron Rodgers is going to be a fine QB in this league when it's his time. I just can't give him enough opportunities" [i.e. Brett is in the way. Not a knock on Favre at all..13-3. no arguing that. But we have TWO good QBs. That's my point]

I'm just saying Brett Favre aside...Aaron's gonna be a good QB for the packers. Bottom line.

Yea, we can support them both. Who is going to be Bretts backup if he goes down? Some free agent? Aaron knows the system, knows the receivers, etc. Plus, he's shown that he is at least a decent qb who can move the football. How can we possibly get fair value for that? Nobody is going to give us a top 10 - 15 pick in the draft so lets stop all this talk.

Just because Aaron Rodgers is "NOT BRETT FAVRE" or "NOT AS GOOD AS FAVRE" doesnt mean he cant be our QB. Really, how many Mannings & Bradys are out there. Lets stick with what we have and build a team that Rodgers can excel on in a year or 2.

Plus, right now, we can resign Rodgers at a low price. What if he starts next year and plays awesome. He's gonna want 50 - 60 million bucks. We could probably resign him for another 5 years @ 15 million bucks next season. Plus, it shows Rodgers that we are making an investment in him and his future and he is less likely to be disgruntled. Kind of like when you buy your girlfriend an engagement ring. She knows you love her.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If Favre comes back next year there is only a couple of options on the table... this thread being one. This is just a option in my opinion.

1. Keep both, play the QB that wins the starters job.

In this senerio, the Packers are risking losing Rodgers to nothing at the end of next season, he will be URFA.. he can walk away if he chooses. Honestly, if Favre plays well next year, would he want to play the game of Favre comming back again. Would Rodgers want to stay here and try an replace a legend that he will be constantly compared to.

No one has those answers if he wants to stay in Green Bay but Rodgers, so it is a risk from the Packers prespective.

If Rodgers beats out Favre for the starters spot, does Brett hang around for the year. Again, only Brett would have that answer. Packers risk going into the season with Rodgers and not much else.

2. Trade Favre

It would be a wide scale revolt in Packerland after the season Brett had. Even though he is close to the end of his career, can't see this as an option. Would he even play for another team that needs a QB? Not promising choices out there..

3. Trade Rodgers

It would have to take some assurances that Brett would stay a couple of years to allow the Packers to restock the QB position. Unrealistic, but in this case the Packers minimize the risk of Rodgers walking in FA.

4. Force a Favre Retirement
See 2.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
longtimefan said:

I will say it again..

Yea, we can support them both. Who is going to be Bretts backup if he goes down? Some free agent? Aaron knows the system, knows the receivers, etc. Plus, he's shown that he is at least a decent qb who can move the football. How can we possibly get fair value for that? Nobody is going to give us a top 10 - 15 pick in the draft so lets stop all this talk.

Just because Aaron Rodgers is "NOT BRETT FAVRE" or "NOT AS GOOD AS FAVRE" doesnt mean he cant be our QB. Really, how many Mannings & Bradys are out there. Lets stick with what we have and build a team that Rodgers can excel on in a year or 2.

Plus, right now, we can resign Rodgers at a low price. What if he starts next year and plays awesome. He's gonna want 50 - 60 million bucks. We could probably resign him for another 5 years @ 15 million bucks next season. Plus, it shows Rodgers that we are making an investment in him and his future and he is less likely to be disgruntled. Kind of like when you buy your girlfriend an engagement ring. She knows you love her.

Great post real deal!

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People in Florida still hate Jimmy Johnson for making Dan Marino go from agressive play to conservative play. 10 years later they still hate him !!

Imagine a Favre forced retirement or trade? Or if it came out that mgmt. said they really dont want you around anymore? That GM or coach may as well pack his bags the next day and never go back to Wisconsin.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a retarded thread. Who smoked what and came up with the idea that Rodgers sucks and needs to be traded. That's an AWESOME idea. Lets get rid of Favre's understudy for the past 3 years in favor of drafting a completely unproven college QB with no NFL experience, who doesn't know the offense.

Yes! Brilliant! The fact that Brett Favre has been contemplating retirement for the past 3 years and hasn't committed to anything as of yet, says to me that he has maybe one year left in him MENTALLY. We all know he could go on doing the job and doing it well, but you've gotta know this game has put a huge mental stress on the man.

With one, MAYBE two, years left in him, we're gonna trade away a QB we've worked with and built up for 3 years?! SHENANIGANS!

Someone's about to burn their lips on the crack pipe.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As unpredictable as TT is, there would be no way that he would force Brett to retire or trade him. Having the year he had just backs that even more.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally think Rodgers will live up to the hype. He's a good QB. He is no Brett Favre, true. But NOBODY is.

Rodgers is a very smart man. he's also talented, and mobile. He knows the Packer O. When Favre retires in 2 or 3 years, I want to see Rodgers take over the team.

The transition will be smooth. Yes, like I said, he is no Brett Favre, but NOBODY is. You can't expect ANYONE to fill his shoes. Those expectations are too high.

TT is building a system where we can still win games without having the best QB who ever played in the game. I think it's really unfair to compare anyone to Brett Favre. Peyton Manning won't even touch Favre's records.

It's like Ozzy Osbourne fans comparing guitarists to Randy Rhoads. Some of you older folks will know what I'm talking about. It's not fair, because NOBODY will fill his shoes.

Give Rodgers a chance. Favre is the best QB ever. Don't expect Rodgers to replace him. Instead, expect Rodgers to be Aaron Rodgers, a good, young, talented QB. Expect to see Aaron Rodgers scramble for a first down to avoid sacks instead of throw for a first down like Favre would have done. Expect to see Aaron Rodgers being more a game manager than a gunslinger. Expect to see Rodgers throw the ball away rather than take a chance. Apples and oranges. I really hate to see these two compared because NOBODY will be Brett Favre except Brett Favre.

If we draft a QB instead of go with Rodgers, that QB (let's just call him Bob) will be compared to Favre. They'll say Bob sucks because Bob isn't Favre, and the comparisons won't stop. They'll never give Bob a chance, no matter how well he does unless we win the big one. They'll be calling for Bob's head. It won't be fair to Bob, just like it's not fair to Rodgers. Whether we draft a QB or keep Rodgers, everyone will make unfair comparisons to Brett Favre.

Rodgers will be developed and ready when Favre retires. It would be a mistake to let him go, unless we can get a top-5 pick for him. Even then, I'd hate to see Rodgers tearing it up on another team, which is probably what will happen.

When Favre hangs it up, it will be a sad day for all Packer fans. In fact, it will be a sad day for all NFL fans no matter what team you root for. MM is aware Favre isn't 25 years old. He'll gameplan accordingly when Favre retires. Let's have some faith in MM too. MM is excellent at knowing a QB's abilities and making the most of them. He'll do it with Rodgers. He already has two years experience with him. Let's not be quick to get rid of Rodgers.

packers657

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers must wait cause FARVE IS A GOD! But trading him now ok, i see your point but i would for one like to see how he does 1st when no 4 retires. He must be benifiting from being around Farve and that might just mean he could be good! Lets not be to hasty i think?

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a retarded thread. Who smoked what and came up with the idea that Rodgers sucks and needs to be traded. That's an AWESOME idea. Lets get rid of Favre's understudy for the past 3 years in favor of drafting a completely unproven college QB with no NFL experience, who doesn't know the offense.

Yes! Brilliant! The fact that Brett Favre has been contemplating retirement for the past 3 years and hasn't committed to anything as of yet, says to me that he has maybe one year left in him MENTALLY. We all know he could go on doing the job and doing it well, but you've gotta know this game has put a huge mental stress on the man.

With one, MAYBE two, years left in him, we're gonna trade away a QB we've worked with and built up for 3 years?! SHENANIGANS!

What's wrong with you guys? You can't keep it clean anywhere you go.

I never suggested Rodgers sucked, I never suggested to trade him because he sucked.

I suggested a trade because it would have been a good deal, you don't turn down good deals.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you agree with some of these jomokes here then Zombie that we should push Favre out the door because he is "retarding" Aaron Rodgers progress....? :wink:

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
longtimefan said:

I will say it again..

That is a great post de-real.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Rodgers would be extremley stupid in my opinion. I think a reason why Packer fans would want him out is because they don't like him because they like Brett Favre. Anyone else relize that Rodgers and Favre seem like they're pretty close.

Also we have 2 NFL caliber QB's in my opinion. If Rodgers is half of what Favre was to the Packers in his career you have to keep him. It is hard to find a replacement QB. The 49ers lucked out with Steve young. The Packers have a chance to do the same. The Dolphins still haven't replaced Dan Marino. The Broncos were a QB away from possibly winning a Super Bowl in 2005. If the Packers are as high on Rodgers as they say and if Rodgers is doing as good in practice as they say, then I have no doubt that they need to hang onto him.

I don't think Favre is planning on playing until he's 45 or whatever the wish is. I'm sure he wants to win a Super bowl and retire and be with this family. Just a guess there though.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We heard the same tired, wrong headed arguments last year....

Brett has one year left in him...maybe...or he should be traded now!

How did that argument work out for ya?

Who should put down the crack pipe now, ea...??

(This is whole thing started because Rodgers's homer Cal2GB suggested that Favre should retire because he is in Aaron Rodgers way, and some people agree with him....Now if that kind of logic isn't crack induced, i don't know what is...!)
:lol:

Reaction score
(This is whole thing started because Rodgers's homer Cal2GB suggested that Favre should retire because he is in Aaron Rodgers way, and some people agree with him....Now if that kind of logic isn't crack induced, i don't know what is...!)

Actually I'll admit I took that out of context.

CAL MADE THAT COMMENT AS A JOKE. He said as much later when he said the only person capable of beating Brady is FAVRE. Not Rodgers, but FAVRE. CAL SAID THAT.

The bottom line is that Cal is a big fan of A-Rod, and he's making a fair point. Brett said he doesn't want to be one of those players that people look back at and say "he stayed in the game too long, he should have retired earlier". You could argue that going out on top would be exactly what Favre wants, because then NO ONE will question whether or not he over stayed his welcome.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of A-Rod, but that doesn't have any effect whatsoever on my attitude toward Favre. Notice how, during the season when we're winning, everyone is open to hearing others' opinions and compromise is the word of the day, then we lose in the playoffs and we get this black/white stratification of the entire forum? I hate that we lost, but I hate how everyone is taking their own frustrations out on fellow Packer fans. Go fight with a Bears fan or Vikings fan.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[
:lol:

Yeah and the whole thing ended when Fuzz made the
old and very WEAK argument trying to knock Aaron for falling
in the draft. Yet your beloved Brett Favre AND Tom Brady
didn't even sniff the first round.

No one ever can ever follow up that part because the argument about draft position in knocking Rodgers is weak.

And to be clear. Favre can retire whenever he chooses. I was talking about what the TEAM should do. Wait for Favre to retire or move on..to Aaron. They have their hands tied w/Favre the way Barry Bonds
tied the SF giants. Now the SF giants are in shambles after Bonds' belated departure(2 years too late). Just don't want to see that here.

And thank you all about da packers..for summarizing everything
I said. Couldn't have said it any better.

The other thing to point out is how HARD his offensive teammates
worked for Aaron. James Jones especially worked *******
his routes and got open for Aaron in the Dallas game..and made plays.

He has the faith of his teammates and they trust him.

That is RARE you guys. ON ANY TEAM. For the players to
have faith in Favre AND Aaron is rare.

So one thing you can't take away is the chemistry he already
has w/his teammates. That's half the battle right there.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupidest thing I have ever heard. You dont waste a 1st round pick on some have them learn for 3 maybe 4 years and then trade them before they even see the field, and when he has he played good and you want to trade him? stupid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts