Trade Aaron Rodgers NOW

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Well Favre did get better after 16 years of pounding and played what could of been his best season. Sad to see what a QB situatuin like this is doing to our fans and team when almost every other team is jelous of our situation. I'd like to think we can support both guys but fact is it doesn't matter who takes over for Brett it will be tough for him to win the fans over just like it was for any guy after Elway in Denver. For me it's just to bad Aaron couldn't stay healthy or we would of seen a lot more of him in the second half of the season. I can't see trading him after all we've invested in him so I just hope he's willing to hang around. I am a little tired of hearing the age argument when our 38 year old QB is better then and QB in their 20's right now. I know he's starting to age but I think Favre at 40 will still be better then most QB's in their 20's so I can't base everything on age. Perfect situation would of been drafting Rodgers this year but I guess life ain't perfect

Let me ask you guys...
Of all the first round QBs in the last 3 years...do you honestly prefer one of them over Aaron Rodgers?

Vince Young? Norm Chow couldn't make him smarter.
JP Losman? Nope. Got beat out by a 3rd rounder.
Jason Campbell? Uhuh.
Alex Smith? HAHAHAHA
Jay Cutler? You seen him play lately? No accident that the broncos have been out of contention these last two years.
Matt Lienart? He got benched for 40 year old Warner. Yeah.
Brady Quinn? Even MORE unproven than Aaron Rodgers
JaMarcus Russell? You seen him play?

Would you trade for ANY of these guys for Aaron Rodgers?

Appreciate what we have guys...

Right off the bat I see about 6 of them that I'd take over Rodgers....
:lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Cdnfavrefan said:
Well Favre did get better after 16 years of pounding and played what could of been his best season. Sad to see what a QB situatuin like this is doing to our fans and team when almost every other team is jelous of our situation. I'd like to think we can support both guys but fact is it doesn't matter who takes over for Brett it will be tough for him to win the fans over just like it was for any guy after Elway in Denver. For me it's just to bad Aaron couldn't stay healthy or we would of seen a lot more of him in the second half of the season. I can't see trading him after all we've invested in him so I just hope he's willing to hang around. I am a little tired of hearing the age argument when our 38 year old QB is better then and QB in their 20's right now. I know he's starting to age but I think Favre at 40 will still be better then most QB's in their 20's so I can't base everything on age. Perfect situation would of been drafting Rodgers this year but I guess life ain't perfect

Let me ask you guys...
Of all the first round QBs in the last 3 years...do you honestly prefer one of them over Aaron Rodgers?

Vince Young? Norm Chow couldn't make him smarter.
JP Losman? Nope. Got beat out by a 3rd rounder.
Jason Campbell? Uhuh.
Alex Smith? HAHAHAHA
Jay Cutler? You seen him play lately? No accident that the broncos have been out of contention these last two years.
Matt Lienart? He got benched for 40 year old Warner. Yeah.
Brady Quinn? Even MORE unproven than Aaron Rodgers
JaMarcus Russell? You seen him play?

Would you trade for ANY of these guys for Aaron Rodgers?

Appreciate what we have guys...

Right off the bat I see about 6 of them that I'd take over Rodgers....
:lol:

Really?? Is it such an easy decision that you even have to put a lol at the end? I mean I see one for sure and that's Cutler but the rest kind of leave a lot to be desired.

I'd probably take Vince Young and Jay Cutler but the rest are either hurt, unknown or an Alex Smith's case, a big bust.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just quit arguing with this guy.

Once Favre retires he will be gone for good. and on to the next frontrunner.

He has been wrong about everything he has posted to date. Hes pretty useless. so lets just quit arguing with him

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just quit arguing with this guy.

Once Favre retires he will be gone for good. and on to the next frontrunner.

He has been wrong about everything he has posted to date. Hes pretty useless. so lets just quit arguing with him

Who are you talking about?

Sounds like you're referring to yourself, Packnic....

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad. You are really sad in your pathetic attempt to try and prop up an unproven Tedford protege--none of which have ever panned out in the NFL....

I don't care where Rodgers was drafted. The point was he fell pretty far down because of the Tedford issue. The draft crap is over-rated anyway. Lots of first round guys don't pan out. If Aaron doesn't, don't be surprised.

You really do suck Fuzznuts. It's so sad. And try not to overuse the word "pathetic". Sounds like the only big word you know.

You can't defend your weak *** draft argument so you run to the weaker "Tedford Protege" argument.

"The draft is crap". Then WHY did your smart *** bring it up in the first place?? HYPOCRITE/Contradiction as well as idiot.

TRY AND KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS STRAIGHT BEFORE TALKING TO THE BIG BOYZ OKAY?

Hukt AWN Fonex Wurt Fur FUZZ.

Annd Packnic is right. You've been WRONG on everything.
You can't get your thoughts straight and I do remember arguing before over your nonsense.

You just try to counter argue for your attention. I remember your
needy game Fuzz....

Hey can you list some more stuff you don't know about??

We need a laugh.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that game...and a bunch of pre-season games too. I saw a pretty darn good QB out there and it wasn't #4. Why on earth would/should they want trade him away?

Maybe we want to turn into Miami or Atlanta or SF or even Chicago? Put all your eggs in one basket until the bottom falls out of it and then what?

Rodgers can and probably will be the future of the Packers. One day, sooner than we all wish, that will happen. It's rare when you draft a QB (a la Roethlisberger) and then successfully throw him into the fire before he is (supposedly) ready. No reason to force that situation on yourself...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J_J_kewl_aids said:
did u guys watch the packers vs cowboys game?
I think we all did, and yes, Rodgers did ok. But that doesn't mean he will ever turn out to be a top notch QB, just because he did ok for part of one game.
Of course that doesn't mean he WON'T be good either. I just think our best chance for the immediate future is with Favre, IF he comes back.
I'm hoping Rodgers DOES want to stay here and take over once Favre leaves for good. I just don't know how much longer he is willing to hold the clipboard. Of course, one bad hit, and he could become #1 earlier. Favre's been the "Iron Man" till now, but you never know in the NFL when that streak might end.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm amazed how sure some of you are about how bad of a QB Rodgers will be. Please explain to me where to get your strong sense of certainty. I'm as strong of a Packers fan as there is and watch them anytime that they are on and whenever I've seen Rodgers I never thought that he sucked. I don't know if he will turn into a Hall of Famer but at this point I see no reason to think that Quinn, Leinart, or Russell would be any better. With as many QB busts as there are in the NFL I don't see any reason to get excited and trade him for another unknown rookie.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J_J_kewl_aids said:
did u guys watch the packers vs cowboys game?
I think we all did, and yes, Rodgers did ok. But that doesn't mean he will ever turn out to be a top notch QB, just because he did ok for part of one game.
Of course that doesn't mean he WON'T be good either. I just think our best chance for the immediate future is with Favre, IF he comes back.
I'm hoping Rodgers DOES want to stay here and take over once Favre leaves for good. I just don't know how much longer he is willing to hold the clipboard. Of course, one bad hit, and he could become #1 earlier. Favre's been the "Iron Man" till now, but you never know in the NFL when that streak might end.

Great post Cheesy!! On NFL network they were talking about Rodgers and they to said that Rodgers wont even come close to Favre as a QB. But maybe no new QB will. We have been so spoiled over the years with Favre that its so hard to let him go. But when Favre retires and Rodgers is our QB of the future I will still support him.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre comes back next year there is only a couple of options on the table... this thread being one. This is just a option in my opinion.

1. Keep both, play the QB that wins the starters job.

In this senerio, the Packers are risking losing Rodgers to nothing at the end of next season, he will be URFA. he can walk away if he chooses. Honestly, if Favre plays well next year, would he want to play the game of Favre comming back again. Would Rodgers want to stay here and try an replace a legend that he will be constantly compared to.

No one has those answers if he wants to stay in Green Bay but Rodgers, so it is a risk from the Packers prespective.

If Rodgers beats out Favre for the starters spot, does Brett hang around for the year. Again, only Brett would have that answer. Packers risk going into the season with Rodgers and not much else.

2. Trade Favre

It would be a wide scale revolt in Packerland after the season Brett had. Even though he is close to the end of his career, can't see this as an option. Would he even play for another team that needs a QB? Not promising choices out there..

3. Trade Rodgers

It would have to take some assurances that Brett would stay a couple of years to allow the Packers to restock the QB position. Unrealistic, but in this case the Packers minimize the risk of Rodgers walking in FA.

4. Force a Favre Retirement
See 2.

Rodgers is signed through next season and the season after.

Besides that, your points don't make very much sense. If Favre comes back, there isn't going to be a competition for the job. Its his. Favre obviously isn't going to be traded and he's obviously not going to be forced to retire.

Also, trading Rodgers would be completely moronic for a number of reasons.

I also don't know how people can not be impressed by how Rodgers has played in the last two preseasons and in the Dallas game. He's mobile, smart, accurate, and has a good arm. He has obvious upside.

Rodgers didn't play like a "game manager" against Dallas. Game managers hand the ball off and try to pick up first downs if the team needs to pass. Rodgers ran an offense geared towards passing, using multiple receiver sets and quick reads. Game managers don't do that. They generally don't complete 11 straight passes like he did against Dallas, though that is nothing new for Rodgers, who holds the NCAA record of consecutive completions in a game at 23.

I don't understand why people think TT would trade Rodgers or why people doubt that he has a chance to be a damn good NFL QB.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett commits to 2-3 more years, TT can easily trade Rodgers for some value and groom Favre's replacement easily!

You don't know that Rodgers is the answer. You're just guessing

It's not like Rodgers is irreplaceable...although some here act as though he is..
:roll:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
\

I don't understand why people think TT would trade Rodgers or why people doubt that he has a chance to be a damn good NFL QB.

me neither. but i don't think Pack93z doubts that either. he's just spit-balling (I think)

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett commits to 2-3 more years, TT can easily trade Rodgers for some value and groom Favre's replacement easily!

And how likely is it that Favre does that? Seriously.

You don't know that Rodgers is the answer. You're just guessing.

Of course I don't. How could I? I'm not even sure I exist.

But he has shown enough to warrant people feeling comfortable with him as the guy that gets the chance to start once Favre is gone. I don't see how any reasonable person could put a guy we just drafted or a potential FA pickup ahead of Rodgers when thinking about who the best replacement for Favre would be.

It's not like Rodgers is irreplaceable...although some here act as though he is..
:roll:

Only an idiot would think Rodgers is irreplaceable. However, we aren't talking in absolutes, black and white. There is a clear value to the team in having Rodgers on the roster that outweighs any value he may bring back in the form of draft picks obtained in a semi-realistic hypothetical trade.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[

Only an idiot would think Rodgers is irreplaceable. However, we aren't talking in absolutes, black and white. There is a clear value to the team in having Rodgers on the roster that outweighs any value he may bring back in the form of draft picks obtained in a semi-realistic hypothetical trade.

This is the part of your post I don't agree with....

If a deal could be swung with a team for a first or second rounder (and some later round guys), or a trade, I think TT could get some real value if Favre committed to 2-3 years..enough value to put us in the SB next year.

These are the kind of bold moves that Wolf made while he was GM here, and if TT never reaches the SB with the Pack, this is something that could be pointed to...

I think Brady Quinn is going to be an exceptional QB in the NFL...it's too bad the Browns have him because they already have a QB and wouldn't be willing to deal....

Maybe TT could swing something with Atlanta or Miami...

You know he covets draft picks, and if he could get some from these teams, it might be sweet....

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not convinced by the categorical statement that "TT covets draft picks". He has made sure to make the most out of them in the past, to fill the holes left by the previous regime, but that doesn't mean he'll continue to do so. He traded a pick for Grant. a 6th rounder, sure, but a pick nonetheless.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow the only thing I got from this topic is Fuzznuts isn't the most popular guy on the forum :D

My opinion is keep Rodgers for when Favre retires.

roy_munson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett will be back next year ...
Favre will announce that next season, will be his last season ...
Aaron Rodgers will be the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers
Opening Day, 2009 ...

Bank on it.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
roy_munson said:
Brett will be back next year ...
Favre will announce that next season, will be his last season ...
Aaron Rodgers will be the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers
Opening Day, 2009 ...

Bank on it.

Thats what I think is best, give Rodgers a chance.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People have been saying that Favre is going to retire, "Next Year" for years now...

What happens if Brett stays for 2-3 years...??

Rodgers can be replaced....and we can load up for the SB in those years!

Brett Favre---67% accuracy 4,155 yds.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brady Quinn is going to be an exceptional QB in the NFL...it's too bad the Browns have him because they already have a QB and wouldn't be willing to deal....

Now you're just talking silly. lol

One of your favorite arguments against Rodgers is that he's unproven. Yet you'd take a guy who hasn't taken a regular season snap over him? That's just plain contradictory. :D

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People have been saying that Favre is going to retire, "Next Year" for years now...

What happens if Brett stays for 2-3 years...??

Rodgers can be replaced....and we can load up for the SB in those years!

Brett Favre---67% accuracy 4,155 yds.

What happens if Favre retires next year and the Packers are sitting with Craig Nall and some veteran?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
\

me neither. but i don't think Pack93z doubts that either. he's just spit-balling (I think)

I thought is was apparent that I was throwing all the Madden speak to the screen.. thanks for picking it up.. There is only one real choice.. continue to groom Rodgers to take over.

But anything could happen, they are options..one big spit ball is correct.

Members online

Latest posts