Tracking the #1 seed

D

Deleted member 6794

Another interesting possibility (though perhaps unlikely) is the scenario in which each of Bucs, Cardinals, and Cowboys lose another game a piece between now and week 18. That would make the Lions game for the Packers irrelevant, as they would have the #1 seed sewed up.

That would only be true if the Bucs lose to an NFC opponent.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No such thing as an easy division game. 3 of the four games they have are against division teams clawing to get into the playoffs.
Relatively speaking. Playing Panthers twice should be easier than playing Packers or Cardinals.

I expect them to win through their schedule.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you deserve to be Super Bowl Champions you need to be able to beat anyone anywhere

That’s what we did in 2011, thats what Tampa Bay did last year. I hope the organization is pumping the players full of THAT rather than setting them up to be scared if they don’t get a bye or have to play an away game

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would only be true if the Bucs lose to an NFC opponent.
Of course you are correct but as their only AFC opponent left is the JETS ( not the guys from West Side Story) the other ones, me thinks the odds are pretty good that if they lose another game it will be against an NFC opponent.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
if you deserve to be Super Bowl Champions you need to be able to beat anyone anywhere

That’s what we did in 2011, thats what Tampa Bay did last year. I hope the organization is pumping the players full of THAT rather than setting them up to be scared if they don’t get a bye or have to play an away game
Yeah I'm sure that's exactly what the organization is doing :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 6794

Of course you are correct but as their only AFC opponent left is the JETS ( not the guys from West Side Story) the other ones, me thinks the odds are pretty good that if they lose another game it will be against an NFC opponent.

Week 17 against the Jets is a bye week for them. ;)

Both of you are right, I obviously wasn't aware of which AFC team the Bucs had left on their schedule.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge.

Correction: If we win the next 2 games + a Cowboys loss, we wrap up the 1 seed in week 17

Last edited:
Reaction score
This just shows us how hard it is to win in this league. The #1 scoring Offense lays an absolute egg at home in December?!

While we just beat our toughest remaining opponent at their house.

HUGE WIN!

We need Dallas to lose 1 more game in the next 2 weeks to keep them 2 games back (They play Washington and Arizona) That and GB winning the next 2 games (Cleveland and Minnesota at Lambeau) would enable us to rest key starters for the Detroit game and still hold a #1 seed.
That keeps Rodgers healthy and gives him 3 weeks between games. It also gives us a bonus game to get a look at Jordan Love

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would enable us to rest key starters for the Detroit game and still hold a #1 seed.
That keeps Rodgers healthy and gives him 3 weeks between games. It also gives us a bonus game to get a look at Jordan Love
I don't like this idea. Rodgers was rusty with 3 weeks off in January 2012 against the Giants.

Reaction score
I don't like this idea. Rodgers was rusty with 3 weeks off in January 2012 against the Giants.
He didn’t have a broken toe if I recall? Also, it would be unforgivable if Aaron Rodgers we’re injured playing the hopeless Detroit Lions and was lost for the playoffs.

I remember well and I understand your point. I wrote this tune and slopped together this quick video shortly after that contest, in a semi depressed state. I’m the Author.. so hopefully I’m not infringing on myself!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

However we gotta keep in mind, when we are a #1 seed we already have 2 weeks between contests by default. I’m totally ok with him getting an extra week of rest over all that risk.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucs top receiver Godwin is out for the year. Our path to the Super Bowl is gettin easier.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Also, sadly the Packers probably won't play against Browns LB Takkarist McKinley, who was carted off the field today with what looked like a bad injury to his ankle/Achilles.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need Dallas to lose 1 more game in the next 2 weeks to keep them 2 games back
Not sure. Cowboys are the most vulnerable top seeded team for now. They are likely to get to play Saints or Vikings and that's not a given. Can count on McCarthy to lay an egg in playoffs. More likely for us to get the weakest seeded team after bye week.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just shows us how hard it is to win in this league. The #1 scoring Offense lays an absolute egg at home in December?!

While we just beat our toughest remaining opponent at their house.

HUGE WIN!

We need Dallas to lose 1 more game in the next 2 weeks to keep them 2 games back (They play Washington and Arizona) That and GB winning the next 2 games (Cleveland and Minnesota at Lambeau) would enable us to rest key starters for the Detroit game and still hold a #1 seed.
I'm leery of resting starters. Maybe play the 1st half. imho

Members online

Latest posts