Top 100 players on NFLN

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
A little "hardware envy" perhaps? Some of the results do make the list rather "suspect."

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
every fanbase is pissed it seems like. Its a list that came from the players during the season so Im not too upset no matter what the order. This is like getting pissed about power rankings during the season. Im just happy to watch someone other than the player talk about why they are great. Its good Tv.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will there be 2 or 3 more players in NFL's network top 100 players of 2011?

And where will Aaron Rodgers land?

I really thought Woodson or Williams would be in the top 100 players of 2011 but I really don't think either one will be in the top 20. Disappointing. But maybe someone thinks otherwise.

But what about Rodgers? Where will he land? I'd say Brady will be no. 1 and Rodgers no. 2. Any agree?

What about Matthews? I know he'll be in the top 20.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so Tom Brady or Peyton as #1? Ill go with Peyton just based on the way players gush about him

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And where will Aaron Rodgers land?

I really thought Woodson or Williams would be in the top 100 players of 2011 but I really don't think either one will be in the top 20. Disappointing. But maybe someone thinks otherwise.

But what about Rodgers? Where will he land? I'd say Brady will be no. 1 and Rodgers no. 2. Any agree?

What about Matthews? I know he'll be in the top 20.

I merged this..

Its in this thread that Rodgers will be #11, they announced it long ago

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers had 7 players, most of any team..
And I believe Charles Woodson is the top ranked.
I've seen the promo of the 20-11, and there's Greene talking about Matthews and we all know that Rodgers is ranked #11.

So unless there is 3 Packers next, which there was no mention (in fact, I've heard a mention that there are 2 Packers next, which are Matthews and Rodgers), it means that Woodson cracked the top 10, and, consequently, is the highest ranked Packer.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton, Collins, B.J., Jennings, are listed so far

So three are left

We know Rodgers is 11

Matthews ?

Jenkins introduces Woodson

NFL Top 100: Charles Woodson
Matthews is between 20 and 11, because there's his promo for the next episode, he's introduced by Kevin Greene (they talk about an elite pass rusher and then there's Greene talking. I take he's not talking about Ware...)

And Jenkins introducing Woodson, sometimes there's 2 guys introducing. One for a promo and one for the episode. Jennings had Jimmy Robinson (WR coach) in the promo and MM on the episode.

I know in the promo it's Jenkins for Woodson and Fitzgerald for Rodgers, but it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be those guys for them.

So, we have:

Clifton at 99
Collins at 96
Raji at 81
Jennings at 74
those are certain
Matthews is between 20 and 12
Rodgers is 11
And Woodson is unknown, but everything indicates that he's in the top 10.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, we have:

Clifton at 99
Collins at 96
Raji at 81
Jennings at 74
those are certain
Matthews is between 20 and 12
Rodgers is 11
And Woodson is unknown, but everything indicates that he's in top 10.

Wow, I thought the players would have a better opinion since they actually play against them. This list is most definitely not the best players of 2011 especially since it wasn't at the end of the season.

No disrespect to Woodson, but Rodgers and Matthews should be ranked higher. They had a better year than Woodson. Even T. Williams had a better year than Woodson.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I thought the players would have a better opinion since they actually play against them. This list is most definitely not the best players of 2011 especially since it wasn't at the end of the season.

No disrespect to Woodson, but Rodgers and Matthews should be ranked higher. They had a better year than Woodson. Even T. Williams had a better year than Woodson.

I completely agree.

But Woodson is arguably more valuable than Williams. Williams is a better corner at this point, but Woodson is still the better player.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
I was sadly mostly correct on the predictions.. I wouldn't have guessed finley would have been left out! Williams should have been in there based on some other players.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brady
Manning
Brees
Peterson
Andre Johnson
Lewis
Peppers
Revis
Reed

That was what someone had on that link...Missing one more player?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course he should, but its a flawed system of voting at best. But to be fair this was pre playoffs so being 11 isnt that bad. Now he would be in the top 3 I believe.
NFL.com news: Rodgers great but must accomplish more to be called best QB

NFL Videos: Debating Rodgers' ranking: Too high or too low?

No no. The "pundits" think that's accurate.

It is incredible the ammount of stupidity that comes from the national "analysts". And I say "analysts" because they don't analyze anything, they just spew out crap disguised as opinion, with no data whatsoever to support any claim they make. (I know it was voted by the players, but their perception is highly influenced by the media)

Oh well. This is actually a good thing. We all know how vengeful Rodgers is (see Kornheiser, Homer, Cowherd...). This will be just fodder for another title.

In fact, it was a tendency. Collins was too low, Jennings was too low, Rodgers was too low, Raji was too low, Tramon and Sitton didn't even make it... Maybe Woodson, Matthews and Clifton were right and won't be disturbed by the rankings, but the majority of the Packers got snubbed in this list.

It'll be one more motive for them to not get complacent.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com news: Rodgers great but must accomplish more to be called best QB

NFL Videos: Debating Rodgers' ranking: Too high or too low?

No no. The "pundits" think that's accurate.

It is incredible the ammount of stupidity that comes from the national "analysts". And I say "analysts" because they don't analyze anything, they just spew out crap disguised as opinion, with no data whatsoever to support any claim they make. (I know it was voted by the players, but their perception is highly influenced by the media)

Oh well. This is actually a good thing. We all know how vengeful Rodgers is (see Kornheiser, Homer, Cowherd...). This will be just fodder for another title.

In fact, it was a tendency. Collins was too low, Jennings was too low, Rodgers was too low, Raji was too low, Tramon and Sitton didn't even make it... Maybe Woodson, Matthews and Clifton were right and won't be disturbed by the rankings, but the majority of the Packers got snubbed in this list.

It'll be one more motive for them to not get complacent.

Its a QB driven league. The top 5 at least should all be QBs if not the top 10.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a QB driven league. The top 5 at least should all be QBs if not the top 10.
The criteria I use for the top 100 of 2011 is, who would I rather have for the 2011 season?

Would you rather have Rodgers or Lewis?

Personally, I wouldn't have any player other than Rodgers. Both for the future and for next season. I would consider Brady. Never Manning, never any defensive player (specially Revis who isn't even as good as Asomugha, who only allowed 15 receptions the whole year, and not a single TD)

Members online

Latest posts