Top 100 players on NFLN

Reaction score
The Packers That Are In Top 100

Using the site NFL The Top 100 NFL Players of 2011 which lets you vote who your top 10 is using the official top 100 list, I found out all the Packers that are in the Top 100... I went through each player about 10 times so it should be accurate. The Packers in the Top 100 are...

Raji
Matthews
Finley
Collins
Jennings
Rodgers
Woodson
Williams
Clifton

No love for Sitton I guess! Also, I found others like T.O, Ochocinco, McNabb, Delmas (a db on the Lions), both wrs Maclin and Jackson on the Eagles, Felix Jones, Mark Sanchez and others.. I hope thats a rough draft of the 100 players list and hopefully they still have to make cuts for the list.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that is accurate. I was also thinking about that, but strange names like Tim Tebow appeared, and IIRC it appeared on the NFL Network that only 2 rookies from last year, Mike Williams and Ndamukong Suh, would appear in the top 100.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I read 7 packers were on the list. That might be wrong though, I didnt check that.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I'm doing the voting where it randomly matches up two players and has you select the better player. Most recent matchup: LaDainian Tomlinson vs. Tramon Williams

Tomlinson - 61%
Williams - 39%

What the?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm doing the voting where it randomly matches up two players and has you select the better player. Most recent matchup: LaDainian Tomlinson vs. Tramon Williams

Tomlinson - 61%
Williams - 39%

What the?

thats insane.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
thats insane.

For the most part, it seems to be a popularity contest. Whoever has the bigger name wins the matchup. For instance, Brian Waters, one of the best guards in the NFL, loses almost all of his matchups.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
Ya. I almost choke when I see Collins lose by 2 Percent to Mayo on the Patriots or Jennings almost lose to Pouncey!

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Ya. I almost choke when I see Collins lose by 2 Percent to Mayo on the Patriots or Jennings almost lose to Pouncey!

Mayo is a pretty good linebacker but yeah, I'd take Collins over him. And Jennings is definitely better than Pouncey.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I thought I read 7 packers were on the list. That might be wrong though, I didnt check that.

That's correct. NFL Network had a preview show for this Top 100 thing and that was one of the factoids. Most of any team in the league.

Also from that: Aaron Rodgers is number 11.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Voted on by the players, starts today at 8pm

They had a sneak peek, and Rodgers was voted #11

Not sure if players voted before the season or when, but Packers had the most of any team with 7 players in the top 100 players of 2011

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
So if there are only 7 people in the list and 6 that we know for sure are clifton, collins, rodgers, raji, matthews, and woodson, who is left out?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really feelin Rodgers being ranked 11th, I think he should be in the top 10, easy.

7 Packers in the top 100 is good! I can live with that!

It must be interesting for the players to see what their peers, even teammates think of them and how they rank.

I'm always curious with these lists... I would like to know who voted, how many votes they got and if it's an open ballet, meaning you can choose anybody, or if there were a specific selection of players to vote for. This should be interesting. I wonder how many players will keep it in the house, Packers voting for other Packers or if they vote for players from other teams.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the most part, it seems to be a popularity contest. Whoever has the bigger name wins the matchup. For instance, Brian Waters, one of the best guards in the NFL, loses almost all of his matchups.

I think you hit the nail right on the head. It may turn into a popularity contest. Looking at the results and percentiles of votes, it seems insane. Pouncey Vs Jennings? Come on man!

I'm happy for the 7 Packers who made it in, but to be really honest, there should of been more.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
/well lets see who is top 10 before saying it is wrong for Rodgers to be 11th

But in 3 years to be ranked at 11 is pretty outstanding

Flacco is 89th

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The adrian Wilson selection surprised me as did the Babin selection. Id be lying if I said I didnt go "WHO?".

I understand Collins wants the love but its never easy when the safety conversation consist of two names.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was impressed Shaun O Hara (Giants center) did the piece on BJ Raji. It was nice to see a veteran give Raji accolades about the player he has become.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts