Top 100 players on NFLN

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The criteria I use for the top 100 of 2011 is, who would I rather have for the 2011 season?

Would you rather have Rodgers or Lewis?

Personally, I wouldn't have any player other than Rodgers. Both for the future and for next season. I would consider Brady. Never Manning, never any defensive player (specially Revis who isn't even as good as Asomugha, who only allowed 15 receptions the whole year, and not a single TD)

It's not the top 100 it's the 100 most respected. Lewis is one of the most respected players to ever play but at his age he doesn't belong on the list.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What the hell difference does it make if Rodgers is 11th, 5th 1st or 21st. He just helped his team win the Super Bowl. It's like the Power Rankings only worse. Because here we don't know how many people voted. All we know is that the players were asked to list their top 20 players. We don't know how many players were asked, we don't know if a list was made up with players names. Did they ask only the 53 on the roster at the beginning of the year? Did they ask only 20 on each team? We have very little info on how it was done.

PWC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell difference does it make if Rodgers is 11th, 5th 1st or 21st. He just helped his team win the Super Bowl. It's like the Power Rankings only worse. Because here we don't know how many people voted. All we know is that the players were asked to list their top 20 players. We don't know how many players were asked, we don't know if a list was made up with players names. Did they ask only the 53 on the roster at the beginning of the year? Did they ask only 20 on each team? We have very little info on how it was done.

Agree completely. It's easy to get caught up in this kind of thing this time of year, with virtually no other news to discuss.

I don't personally care what the rest of the players think of Packers players; I'll let the scoreboard speak for itself.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hate the fact it was SUPPOSED to be the best players of 2011 but in reality, prior accomplishments carried more weight. Take the fact McNabb was in the top 100 over Schaub.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares? I'd take a roster of 53 where no one made the top 100 and win a Title rather than All-Star roster only to be one and done.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady gets the top slot, hard to argue with in my view. AP is a little overrated at #3 though.

*Shrugs*

We have the rings.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No complaints though about Brady getting the top spot. titles? check. insane stats? check.

Dude is a top 25 player of all time and maybe 10 (would have to think about it personally)

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Brady is all world, he wouldn't be in my top ten but he is one of the best ever at the QB position, there is no doubt about it.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
NFL Netword Top 100 Players of 2011 was a joke

I recently made the mistake of watching the NFL Network Top 100 Players of 2011. The NFL Network ranked the players and then they had a fan poll which determined the viewer opinion of what the ranking should be. Aaron Rodgers was second in the fan ranking and a shocking ELEVENTH according to the NFL Network. Eleventh best player in the NFL last year? This becomes even more upsetting when you see who was ranked ahead of him. Brady and Manning were one and two respectively. Even though I don't agree with this, fine, whatever. Any ranking that is done with NFL players is always going to involve these two being one and two.......even if they do get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Here's where it gets ridiculous. 3-10 are Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Andre Johnson, Darrelle Revis, Drew Brees, and Julius Peppers.

I understand that perhaps the NFL network wanted to make a ranking of players that didn't involve the top 5 spots all being quarterbacks, but Drew Brees? Really? Drew Brees lost to a 7-9 team in the playoffs!!!!

This is just another example of national media not giving the Packers and mainly Aaron Rodgers the credit that is due. Shameful.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
didnt the players vote on before the playoffs?

So if that is the case, it would make sense as to why Drew is listed where he is..

They also only polled 400 players I think?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recently made the mistake of watching the NFL Network Top 100 Players of 2011. The NFL Network ranked the players and then they had a fan poll which determined the viewer opinion of what the ranking should be. Aaron Rodgers was second in the fan ranking and a shocking ELEVENTH according to the NFL Network. Eleventh best player in the NFL last year? This becomes even more upsetting when you see who was ranked ahead of him. Brady and Manning were one and two respectively. Even though I don't agree with this, fine, whatever. Any ranking that is done with NFL players is always going to involve these two being one and two.......even if they do get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Here's where it gets ridiculous. 3-10 are Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Andre Johnson, Darrelle Revis, Drew Brees, and Julius Peppers.

I understand that perhaps the NFL network wanted to make a ranking of players that didn't involve the top 5 spots all being quarterbacks, but Drew Brees? Really? Drew Brees lost to a 7-9 team in the playoffs!!!!

This is just another example of national media not giving the Packers and mainly Aaron Rodgers the credit that is due. Shameful.

voting was done by the players not the media. The Packers had the most players in the top 100. And the voting was done in Oct or Nov if I remember correctly.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didnt the players vote on before the playoffs?

So if that is the case, it would make sense as to why Drew is listed where he is..

They also only polled 400 players I think?
Yeah, in my opinion the list doesn't have any kind of value because of HOW it was put together.

The period of voting wasn't appropriate, in the middle of the season.

The criteria of the voting wasn't appropriate, as there was no criteria. It says top 100 of 2011, so it should be based on projections of 2011. But then Ray Lewis is in there because of his past game, not future.

And the number of players inquired was too few. You can't draw a conclusion polling less than 1/3rd of the active players...

All in all, the only purpose was to fill in air time during the lockout.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at least the production was legit. Always enjoy hearing players and coaches talk about others

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can understand being irritated that Rodgers was not higher, personally (at least after last year) I think he should be in the top 5. Then again, I think it's obvious this is a QB driven league.

However, out of all the names on that list to pick Drew as the one not belonging is crazy. Especially when you consider that when the voting was done Drew was coming off the 2009 year where he:

Lead the team to win the SB (with opposing QB's of Warner, Favre, and P Manning)

Didn't throw a single interception during the post season

Had a regular season QB rating of 109.6

Had the highest single season completion percentage in the history of the NFL

Threw for 34 TD's in the regular season

Threw for 4,388 yards

Over the last five years the guy has averaged 4,583 yards and 30.8 TD's a year.

So, while I think Rodgers is right up there with the best of the best, you may want to rethink arguing Drew doesn't belong.

V

Vikeman

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol...your hatred for the Vikings is so deep that you have to bring them up in every post.

Why are Viking fans on drugs? There are people in the link you provided who would rather have Rodgers than Peterson.

There are people on this site who actually claim Jennings is the best WR in the game...and Matthews is the best OLB in the game. Drugs huh?

A Packer fan taking shots at Viking fans on a PACKER forum..Who would have thunk it

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol...your hatred for the Vikings is so deep that you have to bring them up in every post.

Why are Viking fans on drugs? There are people in the link you provided who would rather have Rodgers than Peterson.

There are people on this site who actually claim Jennings is the best WR in the game...and Matthews is the best OLB in the game. Drugs huh?

No no that's Brett favre that I hate and bring up in every post. Vikings just come along for the ride ;) hey I won't have that long to kick you guys. Pretty soon you will be playing in the NFC west when you make the big move. Gotta get my shots in now!

And yes drugs. A RB as the 3rd best player? Come on. One Viking fan tried to talk some reasoning onto the board and they attacked him. Or several agreeing with the list. I'll take Rodgers over 3 APs myself

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts