1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 100 players of 2011

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 22, 2011.

1. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. CM3

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Well I think that argument would quickly fall apart if you look back. 2007, Brady sets an NFL record for TDs, yet loses the SB. Eli won the MVP. I cant imagine anyone arguing that Eli is a better QB, but then again I never thought I would be arguing about Brady being mvp either.

3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    the patriots had an inexperienced defense and an average receiving corps but brady and co. still won enough games to clinch a first round bye so yeah i can easily see him being number 1

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    lol at your attempt to diminish TDs and INTs in football. Yeah someone can just find any other those stats to make a point (rolls eyes). People just say that when they are proven wrong and have nothing else.

Media bias? maybe but not by much. Are you one of those people that complains the packers dont get enough media coverage? Tom Brady gets the media coverage because he dominates. It wouldnt matter if he played for the rams. Keep in mind he has the TD reco... wait thats a stat so you will argue its meaningless... and he has 3 title... wait thats another stat...

you can barf if you want to or cry if you want to but saying your going barf if TB is #1 is suggesting you strongly disagree with the selection and it makes you sick.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Jordy could be in the 90-100 range just based on being the packers #2 next year.

6. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    If Jordy is on this list, it loses all credibility.

7. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    Also, here are the Packers that I think will be on the list:

Rodgers
    Matthews
    Woodson
    Tramon
    Jennings
    Collins

I think Finley is left off of the list because of a lack of production. We all know he has the most talent of any TE in the league but injuries have hampered him. I think Sitton should probably be on the list but guard is one of those positions where you make these lists based on your reputation. Sitton is getting there, as I heard numerous FOX announcers mention how good Sitton is. Raji is sort of in the same boat, 3-4 NT is very much a reputation position and Raji just isn't there yet.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Exactly!
    Think about this:
    TOP 100 IN THE NFL.

QB, RB, TE, WR, OT, OG, C, DE, DT/NT, LB, CB, S

That's 12 positions and I don't count the foot people.
    So you can have about 8 guys at each position on average. Of course, QBs get way overrated so they'll have at least 12 QBs.

Anyway, so 8-10 WRs can make the list. Now some would say WR is an overrated position when you consider that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens were by far the most dominant WRs of the 00's, and neither got a ring. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson are the best today.... no rings.

Anyway, regardless of the importance of WRs (that's for another thread), for someone can tell us with a straight face that Jordy is one of the NFL's best 8 or 10 WR's..... they have a bright future in politics as a spokesperson or press secretary.

9. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049

Kinda what I originally thought. Ranking depends somewhat on when the votes were taken. Post season success ups a players reported value. Assuming about week 17 or so: A-rod top 5 behind maybe Brady Suh and Troy. CM3 top 25, Jennings and Woodson next 25, Tramon, Collins and maybe Raji, Sitton or AJ make the list. I expect "stat" guys and scorers to populate the list.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Oh I am a regular Jordy hater (mostly based on his inability to return anything) but wouldnt be surprised if he got a bunch of hype off the SB.

Joe Namath is in the HOF, nothing comes as a shock after that happened.

11. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Shoo-in:

Rodgers
    Matthews
    Woodson
    Jennings
    Driver

Very Possible:

Collins
    Williams
    Raji
    Jenkins

50/50 Chance:

Starks (Sorry, Kitten)
    Bishop
    Flynn (Sorry, Matty Flynn)
    Shields

Happens if I See Pigs In The Sky, A Snowball Survive in Hell, Satan Skating to Work, and the Vikings Winning the Super Bowl:

Nelson
    Jones
    Bush
    Zombo
    Walden
    Harrell (both of them)
    Bulaga
    Crabtree
    Quarless

12. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Maybe Joe Namath was inducted in the HOF because he shaved his legs on TV?????

13. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    God knows I love Donald, but he won't be on the NFL's Best 100.
    Not a chance. Certainly he's no shoo-in. He might be a long shot, but he won't make it...

14. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    Matthews/Rodgers/Jennings/BJRaji?/Woodson/Tramon....

then again, they'll probably just snub all of our players from the list and vote in a bunch of AFC players that were great(the last decade) for the list cuz of recognition....so i'm guessing LTomlinson gets ranked higher than everyone from the nfc....probably not michael vick, but still.

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Im going to go with 4 players from the packers make the list.

Rodgers, Jennings, Williams, and Matthews.

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    via peter king

• Quarterbacks will be the third-most common players on the show, which is sort of surprising.

• No kickers or punters in the top 100.

• It's a 5-5 defense-offense split in the top 10.

• There are two 2010 rookies, including Ndamukong Suh, among the top 100.

• And unlike the historical show, on which people from all walks of life introduced the players, this will have only current players and coaches introducing their own players, teammates and foes. You'll see Rex Ryan on Darrelle Revis, for instance, and Terrell Owens on Champ Bailey, and Bill Belichick on Jerod Mayo.

• Each show will be followed by an NFL Network post-show discussion, complete with social-media fan reaction from Facebook and Twitter, in effect arguing about where the players landed.

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Rodgers
    Matthews
    Woodson
    Williams
    Jennings
    Sitton
    Collins

I think they all make it, and Raji, Finley and Jenkins have a chance.

18. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,406
    you guys do realize that finley will NOT make it. he played all of 3 games last year.

19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Power Rankings: Top 10 NFL tight ends - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Despite that, he's considered a top 10 TE in the NFL even by clueless ESPN bloggers.

The list isn't about the top 100 players of the NFL in 2010. It's the top players of 2011. You don't believe Finley will be a top 100 player in 11?

20. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,406
    unfortunately people have short term memorys so the rankings will most likely base off of last years production

21. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Forget Brady. He is the epitome of a system QB. Manning has to at least carry his team and they really dont have alot of talent. Brady has Belecheat.

22. patsfan

patsfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm pretty sure Brady carried his team this season.

23. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,406
    true that. made everyone look good

24. Superior Packers

Superior Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    There should be a number of packers fir sure in the top 100. One questionable person I was thinking of was Larry fitzgerald. He would've made it for sure last year because of his powerful post season, but this year I didn't see too much spark out of him. Amy comments?

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I hope someday we have a system QB that throws 50 TDs