Top 100 players of 2011

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same here if it is Brady.
Well, Brady does have 3 SB rings and just won a league MVP...

I doubt it will be Rodgers. To me, no doubt he's the best player in the league right now, but I doubt it's him. Top 10 for sure.

I'd be surprised if Rodgers, Woodson and Matthews don't make the top 20.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on the barf wagon for P Manning OR Brady. UGH!!! I think Manning is washed up. BTW...why DID Brady win MVP? Were his accomplishments this year really that great? Same goes for his coach. IMO.

well he did have 8 more TDs than Rodgers and 7 less INTs last season... so yeah he did have that great of a year in 2010.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Brady does have 3 SB rings and just won a league MVP...

I doubt it will be Rodgers. To me, no doubt he's the best player in the league right now, but I doubt it's him. Top 10 for sure.

I'd be surprised if Rodgers, Woodson and Matthews don't make the top 20.

I would say in 2011 Williams will be better than Woodson.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Well, Brady does have 3 SB rings and just won a league MVP....

I know what you are saying, and as much as I am sick of hearing about Brady you cannot argue with his career accomplishments, but I don't think that 2011 was his season (and none of those three SB's was in 2011). It just seems as though he has become the sports media darling. I'm with GreenBayGal, what did Brady do this year, and btw what's with Belichek winning CoY with all that MM did this year to win a SB with all the injuries we had? I am just tired of the obvious bias. IMO

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL he is the first undisputed MVP and we have people on here wondering what he did

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just copied and pasted this from wikipedia but if you can explain to me how this isnt a big deal or how someone had a better regular season I would love to hear it. Not just straight hate.

Brady's 9:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio (36:4) would break his own single-season record of 6.25:1, which he set in 2007. No other quarterback in NFL history has had a 6:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio for a season. Brady threw for 3,900 yards with 36 touchdowns and just four interceptions.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I appreciate the statistics and your perspective, but if simple statistics were all that mattered then TO or Randy Moss would be great additions to our team; and I doubt many people on here would want either despite their statistics. There are as many intangibles as tangibles that go into being the "top" player. If statistics were all that mattered we wouldn't even have to play the games: just compute the statistics. As much as it pains me, I don't think I would put Rodgers at #1 (though I would have given MM #1), but I would put him ahead of Brady this year in terms of the intangibles, so who is "top?" I don't know and I am not sure it is capable of being a definitive decision. That being said, I'll barf if it is Brady because I am sick of the bias -- not taking anything away from his skills and realizing that it is just my opinion.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate the statistics and your perspective, but if simple statistics were all that mattered then TO or Randy Moss would be great additions to our team; and I doubt many people on here would want either despite their statistics.

thats the biggest cop out ever. I dont know what stats you look at but pretty sure Moss didnt catch a single touchdown with the Titans. Or do much of anything actually. TO actually had a decent season but has an issue with drops which, shockingly!, comes up in the stats column. So no, they wouldnt be a good addition to our team. lol.

If statistics were all that mattered we wouldn't even have to play the games: just compute the statistics.
Ummm I think we need the games to calculate stats....

All I am reading is you think there is a huge bias towards tom brady and those pesky stats that people use to argue that he is the best are just inconvenient. You have not provided anything to say who is the best player and why, instead you complain about the "bias" when MVP voting is done by a nationwide panel of voters that are media members. So I guess its a bias that stretches from Green Bay to Kansas City to Oakland.

so your sure Brady isnt the best but you cant tell me who in your opinion is better? Clearly Brady had the best reg season at QB. No WR had a monster year. No RB did either. I guess you could make a small case for Charles but to say he is more valuable to his team than Brady might get you committed to an insane asylum. Defensively nothing stood out to the point where anyone should deserve the mvp.

So maybe just explain why Brady isnt in your opinion the mvp?

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
There are lies, **mn lies, and statistics. You can find any stat you want to support any conclusion you want. And intangibles is not a cop out. If it is why do we ask about Jolly, Underwood, and others who have talent, but whose attitude creates division and distraction. I stand by the TO example -- great receiver, great talent, great numbers -- but so divisive no one really wants him -- intangibles.
I don't care what you say, if you are honest you will admit that all of this is a matter of opinion anyway -- that's why they have to have a nation-wide panel to make the decision -- if it were just statistics why would we need a panel to vote? TB is #1 in your opinion; and I respect that. The truth is I never even said Brady shouldn't be #1, just that I would barf if he was -- that's my opinion -- perhaps you could respect the opinions of others.
To me, an MVP doesn't have to be the guy with the best statistics. IMO the MVP may well be the guy who did the most with the least, hence my OPINION that MM was more deserving than Belichek.
You ask me to defend a position I never took. I could understand your comments if I had asserted that ***** were better or more deserving, but I didn't. I never said who was more deserving, if anyone, I am not sure anyone else is, I am simply sick and tired of hearing about Brady, Belichek, and the NE Patriots. If you don't think there is a media bias toward the larger markets and the marquee players maybe you could have the room next to me in the asylum.
It's my opinion and I'll barf if I want to.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well he did have 8 more TDs than Rodgers and 7 less INTs last season... so yeah he did have that great of a year in 2010.
Shhhh, these Packer fans don't want to hear stats and facts, if they aren't in our guy's favor.

Rodgers #2
Bloodline #14
Woodson #27
Jennings #37
Tramon #67
Raji #76
Collins #89

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shhhh, these Packer fans don't want to hear stats and facts, if they aren't in our guy's favor.

Rodgers #2
Bloodline #14
Woodson #27
Jennings #37
Tramon #67
Raji #76
Collins #89
Where did you get those numbers?

And regarding Brady, cmon people, undisputed MVP, Best TD to INT ratio ever, best passer rating in the league, best record in the league playing with a bad D and no name receivers.

Give the guy credit. He was by far the best regular season player. Of course, if you had to include postseason...

Reaction score
Guarantee:
Rodgers
Jennings
Williams
Matthews
Finley

Probably:
Collins
Sitton

Maybe:
Woodson
Raji

Probably Not:
Jones
Nelson
Grant
Hawk

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of the Pack?

Rodgers
Matthews
Williams
Woodson
Jennings

*(carved in stone)

Collins
Raji
Hawk

*(perhaps)

Grant
Fins
Starks ( *sobs inconsolably)
Jenkins

*(negative)

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I agree with Ivo that Brady was the best player in 2011. I think Rodgers was 2nd though. Brady's statistics were some of the best the league has seen in ages.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Ivo that Brady was the best player in 2011. I think Rodgers was 2nd though. Brady's statistics were some of the best the league has seen in ages.
I hate the Patriots and can't stand Brady.
But he was head & shoulders the best in the league last year.

Now if we're forecasting 2011, then anybody can guess whatever they want.

As for the numbers I posted back a page, that was my rankings.

LOL at anybody mentioning James Jones or Jordy Nelson in the NFL's Best 100 players!

Members online

Latest posts