Today is the anniversary of the ice bowl

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I wonder what Lombardi would think of this league today....As in the fines, no hitting too hard, and so on.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what Lombardi would think of this league today....As in the fines, no hitting too hard, and so on.
I'm guessing very cranky.

I wonder where the Packers are on the list for teams who get fined?
If they are towards the bottom, then Vince should be happy.
Though I'm sure he would have had things to say to Chuck after his hit and to Clay for wearing the "wrong" shoes.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'm one of those Packer fans that was watching and remembers it as if it was today. Read old MF. ;) I was upstairs in my mother-in-laws house and they seriously thought the upstairs was going to collapse when Bart scored. Unfortunately, I was not one of the 300,000 people present at Lambeau Field that day. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm re-reading Instant Replay right now, been thinking about that game a lot. What an amazing way to win. Those guys were something else.

Seriously??? My hat is off to you ma'am. If you're reading Instant Replay, you are obviously a woman of distinction and supreme intelligence. I'm not sure where my copy is anymore...and I mean it was JUST here... um... maybe a decade ago...or two...haha... :) Anyway, I was not one of the 300,000 at the game neither and frankly, in those temps, my father would not have left the friendly confines of the living room anyway. I was pretty young...maybe 9 years old or so. I do remember the car not starting that morning and we didn't have to load the entire brood for church because of it.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Cripes I'm old. I DO remember watching that game live. Fortunately it was inside the house, not in the stands.

Members online

Latest posts