To me the Packers are like the Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
When I hear that time, I think of the bandwagon fans.

Surely, there is quite a number of people on the Packers band wagon right now, but nothing can compare to Dallas or Pittsburgh. Dallas has been called the "Yankees of Football" for years now, even though it's not just the fans, it also goes to trying to buy a championship like them, and throw as much money as possible around.

Dallas Cowboys
L.A. Lakers
New York Yankees

The biggest band wagons in American sports.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what our trying to say but to me, the Yankees are the best team money can buy. A bunch of mercenary's in pin stripes. They have a few names that stay on their rosters their whole career but most of the talent they bring in are high priced free agents. If MLB had a cap system the Yankees would be just another large market team with a history.

I can't believe they couldn't have refurbed Yankee stadium to upgrade it. How do you just throw away the house that Ruth built. That just solidified their legacy as far as I was concerned.

I would never compare the Packers to the Yankees. The only thing in common is the teams are old and have won a lot of championships. The similarities stop there.

If I were to look to a team that I consider represents baseball I would go with the cubs or Redsox. Old stadiums, loyal diehard fans who have stayed thru the longest dry spells in sport.

The Redsox won their last 2 by buying......the cubs buy but still stink

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have offended you for you to reply 3 different times. Calm down there buddy. There's a reason you only have 13 likes....

In addition, the Packers are not HATED nationwide.
\I like the Pack...w/NYY it's more jealousy than hate///////and what do likes have to do with it?.......Obviously nyou're a Philly fan and are still upset from '09

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have offended you for you to reply 3 different times. Calm down there buddy. There's a reason you only have 13 likes....

I understand what our trying to say but to me, the Yankees are the best team money can buy. A bunch of mercenary's in pin stripes. They have a few names that stay on their rosters their whole career but most of the talent they bring in are high priced free agents. If MLB had a cap system the Yankees would be just another large market team with a history.

I can't believe they couldn't have refurbed Yankee stadium to upgrade it. How do you just throw away the house that Ruth built. That just solidified their legacy as far as I was concerned.

I would never compare the Packers to the Yankees. The only thing in common is the teams are old and have won a lot of championships. The similarities stop there.

If I were to look to a team that I consider represents baseball I would go with the cubs or Redsox. Old stadiums, loyal diehard fans who have stayed thru the longest dry spells in sport.

They already refurbished it once......the place was 88 years old..........come on......you can do better than that/////I'm glad you dont speak for baseball......the cubs really are a good representation.....last WS win......1908......The Titanic wasn't even built yet

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers and Yankees both have won the most championships in their respective sports. But there are HUGE differences in how both teams accomplished those championships. The Yankees go out and buy a large majority of their talent because they play in the biggest market in sports, they can afford to do so. Is that right or fair? No, because not every team has an equal chance. And the luxury tax? Please, that's a joke. It doesn't even come close leveling the playing field.

The Packers on the other hand, can't just go out and buy the best players as the NFL actually cares about keeping it an even playing field for all teams.

The playing field isnt supposed to be level.....if every team in the NFL was 8-8 would you watch?.....The strong survive......the leagues try to level it......the worst team always pick first......why do the roylas finish last every year if they keep picking 1st?....Just like this govt..........success in anathema and failure is rewarded.......GB was 10-6 last year and picked last in the draft because they won the SB...........is that fair......not to me

Good for the NFL if they care........BB cares too..........you have to give up picks uf you sign players..........look it up

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers and Yankees both have won the most championships in their respective sports. But there are HUGE differences in how both teams accomplished those championships. The Yankees go out and buy a large majority of their talent because they play in the biggest market in sports, they can afford to do so. Is that right or fair? No, because not every team has an equal chance. And the luxury tax? Please, that's a joke. It doesn't even come close leveling the playing field.

The Packers on the other hand, can't just go out and buy the best players as the NFL actually cares about keeping it an even playing field for all teams.

Large majority?......Who besides CC & Tex were bought for the '09 champs?

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In think what FF is trying to say is that both teams have a tradition of winning and both orgs do what it takes to win and btw for all young young guys & gals...........most of the Yanks 27 titles occured BEFORE the free agency age started.......also check out the '96-2000 run and tell me who they bought for those titles

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

lol......i'd rather have the 27 titles than the 13 likes.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The likes go to you the 27 titles go to the Yankees.

OK I'll take the likes.......I'm not a bandwagon fan......50 years w/them.......thru the great and awful.......many years we had to play 2nd fiddle to the Mets........NYG playing 2nd fiddle to the Pack is OK.......but to the Mets?

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you don't have 27 titles. a*hole.....here's a thought...instead of replying to responses 4 or 5 different times, make your point in one simple reply.

nice language you pig......i bet you'll get a lot of likes w/this post

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nice language you pig......i bet you'll get a lot of likes w/this post

Alright, get the hell off of this board and on to a Giants fans forum. I wont be combative with a Packers fan, but you are NOT a Packers fan. Indeed, you have invited the hate, so you are getting it right back. You don't see a lot of Packers fans joining other team forums do you? There's a reason for that...its called respect and class, something most New York fans have no idea about.

What the hell is your problem anyway, other than you want to prove how ignorant Giants fans really are? By the way, these are rhetorhical questions, but I am sure you will reply to them about 10 times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts