TN-LA Trade Impact (if any)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It has to be far from the weakest. Look at 2013-EJ Manuel was the first QB selected:poop:
That draft was garbage overall. 2014 was stacked.

You are correct, 2013 in hindsight was a terrible QB draft. However, that was also reflected by when QB's were selected. Hard to argue that both Wentz and Goff are the best 2 players in the draft, yet it appears they will be selected 1-2. If Lynch and possibly Cook also go in the first, it shows you the desperation of a team to find a franchise QB. I guess in 2-5 years, we will know just how weak or strong this years group of QB's were.

QB's drafted in the 2013 draft:

EJ Manuel QB Florida State 1 (16) Buffalo
Geno Smith QB West Virginia 2 (39) NY Jets
Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State 3 (73) Tampa Bay
Matt Barkley QB USC 4 (98) Philadelphia
Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse 4 (110) NY Giants
Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas 4 (112) Oakland
Landry Jones QB Oklahoma 4 (115) Pittsburgh
Brad Sorensen QB Southern Utah 7 (221) San Diego
Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH) 7 (234) Denver
B.J. Daniels QB South Florida 7 (237) San Francisco
Sean Renfree QB Duke 7 (249) Atlanta

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are correct, 2013 in hindsight was a terrible QB draft. However, that was also reflected by when QB's were selected. Hard to argue that both Wentz and Goff are the best 2 players in the draft, yet it appears they will be selected 1-2. If Lynch and possibly Cook also go in the first, it shows you the desperation of a team to find a franchise QB. I guess in 2-5 years, we will know just how weak or strong this years group of QB's were.

QB's drafted in the 2013 draft:

EJ Manuel QB Florida State 1 16(16) Buffalo
Geno Smith QB West Virginia 2 7(39) NY Jets
Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State 3 11(73) Tampa Bay
Matt Barkley QB USC 4 1(98) Philadelphia
Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse 4 13(110) NY Giants
Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas 4 15(112) Oakland
Landry Jones QB Oklahoma 4 18(115) Pittsburgh
Brad Sorensen QB Southern Utah 7 15(221) San Diego
Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH) 7 28(234) Denver
B.J. Daniels QB South Florida 7 31(237) San Francisco
Sean Renfree QB Duke 7 43(249) Atlanta
That's true.

These guys will be reaches, but that's often the case. There aren't many franchise caliber players worth passing on a potential franchise QB though, if any. If Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper were in this class, things would look different.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lynch will surprise many here, he will be a good NFL QB

Lynch is most likely the only other possible starting quarterback aside of Goff and Wentz in this year´s draft but in my opinion not worthy of a first round pick.

These guys will be reaches, but that's often the case. There aren't many franchise caliber players worth passing on a potential franchise QB though, if any. If Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper were in this class, things would look different.

It´s true that a lot of teams reach for a quarterback early in the draft trying to secure a franchise player at the most important position in football. Most of the time moves like that don´t work out though. When talking about Mack and Cooper don´t forget that none of them were picked first and in both cases QBs were taken ahead of them.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes. QB's going 1-2 in this draft. It's great to see such foolish desperation. Then they will immediately throw them into the fire. Ben Rothlisberger was an exception, not the rule. I don't see the wisdom in Philadelphia and Los Angeles making these trades. Time will tell though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ah yes. QB's going 1-2 in this draft. It's great to see such foolish desperation. Then they will immediately throw them into the fire. Ben Rothlisberger was an exception, not the rule. I don't see the wisdom in Philadelphia and Los Angeles making these trades. Time will tell though.

The Rams will for sure start their #1 pick immediately. With Sam Bradford being the Eagles starter I could see them having either Goff or Wentz sit on the bench for at least the 2016 season.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams will for sure start their #1 pick immediately. With Sam Bradford being the Eagles starter I could see them having either Goff or Wentz sit on the bench for at least the 2016 season.

If I'm the Eagles, my ideal situation would be this:
  • Draft Wentz and let him sit and learn for a year behind Bradford;
  • Hope Bradford has a good enough year to boost his trade value (and devalue the pick going to Cleveland);
  • Recoup a high pick by trading Bradford to a team in 2017 (fingers crossed it's in the 2nd round)

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1) I don't see Wentz starting from Day 1. Doug Pederson was the Eagles QB the year they drafted McNabb. McNabb didn't start until Week 10 or 11;
2) The wisdom is simple: This is a quarterback league. If you're able to get an elite quarterback, you go get an elite quarterback. If the Rams believe Goff is the QB of the next 10 years and the Eagles believe Wentz is the QB of the next 10 years, the trades are worth it.

Members online

Latest posts