Aaron Jones

Zadarious

Preston

Gary

Clark

Savage

And Jaire as being a cut above

and thats already a long list.

This by far is the best game we've played this season in my opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Another Stud that I haven't seen mentioned yet, the Weather.

While I still think we beat the Titans tonight without the Snow, I think it does a couple of things. One, slowed Henry down a bit. Two, psychologically played in the Titans head. Three and most importantly, made teams like LA, NO, Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Ariz. all have to watch this film and say "oh hell, I hope it doesn't snow or get really cold if we play them in the playoffs."

No fans, but I do think the snow/cold favors the Pack against most of the teams that appear to be playoff bound.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did MVS play tonight? Lazard had 2 catches early and it was nice to see EQ get a catch and a TD, but otherwise it was the Adams show.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud - Mike Pettine. He had a really sound game plan to limit Henry. Best run defense of the year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Actually forgot there is one dud today....

The Los Angeles Rams

More specifically Goff. I cannot believe that with all the weapons that guy has, he has such a hard time completing some passes. Today was the first time I watched him play in awhile and he looked tentative and downright bad. Of course, not having a run game doesn't help either.

Seahawks Defense was a bit scarier than I remember.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
More specifically Goff. I cannot believe that with all the weapons that guy has, he has such a hard time completing some passes. Today was the first time I watched him play in awhile and he looked tentative and downright bad. Of course, not having a run game doesn't help either.

Seahawks Defense was a bit scarier than I remember.
Was that after or before he hurt his thumb? Word is it is broke

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

STUD: JK Scott

He didn't have to punt and he made a TACKLE! Even though the blocked FG was nullified due to the penalty, I could tell Menenga has been working with him on his tackling!

Get rid of Crosby, the bum !

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was that after or before he hurt his thumb? Word is it is broke
He didn't look very good most of the game to me. Again, I haven't watched him play in awhile, so I don't really know what his "norm" is. I just thought he was better than what I saw today. I saw some pretty bad balls and one of his interceptions was about as ugly of a decision (run or pass) and throw that I have seen in awhile. He easily picks up 5-10 yards if he tucks and runs to the sidelines, instead he just wildly threw across his body and the only player close was a Seahawk.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- The entire team. Rodgers, Adams, Dillion, Jones, Oline, Kenny Clark, Kirksey, Krys Barnes, Rashan Gary, Jaire Alexander, Darnell Savage, punt and kick coverage, MLF all gas no f***** brakes
Duds- Field goal unit

ST is still an issue but otherwise no duds today! :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I burned my Crosby shirt last night after that fiasco. 1st round pick in the draft HAS to be a new kicker :D

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Tannehill. Kept passing at Jaire instead of, like everyone else, King.

What is up with King playing off so much, he's a different player when he's challenging guys at the LoS. Is his shoulder bothering him again?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody played well. Too many played outstanding to mention them all. But I really liked our two young linebackers starting out the game. They set a tone.
Just as I was thinking that maybe Pettine is changing and going to play D the whole game, he went and gave up a first down with a three man rush and dropping both Preston Smith and Rashan Gary into coverage. He just won't give it up.

Honestly the much hated three man rush is going to happen from time to time in odd front defenses. If nothing else it helps set up those occasional free runners. We ought to only get mad if he does it consistently in a game.

We actually have the personnel to do it well, Z Smith Keke Clarke and Gary are the types of big strong guys who can squeeze a pocket if and when you do rush only 3.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone on this team was a stud. Very close to perfection. It would be silly and disrespectful to even go looking for duds. All of Packer Nation is standing tall and walking proudly today. A truly magnificent performance against a good opponent that we made look very weak and helpless. Vince would be very proud and I bet his statue out front has a bigger smile today.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
-Gary- I've commented in other threads, but he was everywhere doing everything. Seemed every good play on the backend was forced by Gary up front. Lots more I could talk about, but hopefully everyone was watching and knows.

-Savage- Should have had the pick 6, but you can see the light bulbs turning on for this kid. He's now using his range and athleticism to make plays back there. Came up with some nice tackles on Henry too.

-Preston- Whatever happened internally, or coaches said to him, he's woken up. This is the guy we had last year and it's showing in the rest of the defense. Was setting good edges in the run game, awareness and not just rushing QB's with that tipped screen, and getting pressure.

Everyone played well on defense and did their jobs most importantly, but those 3 stood out most to me. as a whole, our most complete defensive game and it's no coincidence our offense was playing it's part. It's how it's supposed to look.

Clark , Amos, and ZSmith were right up there too.

-Adams, i'm still tripping over my feet trying to emulate him and lets just say i'm happy my hands aren't as sticky as his in real life.

-Rodgers- he's just in control when he has that time.

offensive line- it wasn't a formidable defense, but they gave Rodgers all the time in the world last night and opened up run lanes.

Dillon- Good showing in first extended action. Made a tough swing pass look easy with his hands. He's definitely a different style runner than Jones. Didn't have the quick step, the chop and go etc I like to see. But man he's a load. WHen he gets going downhill he's not easy to bring down. If we can get him started he's going to do very well. a Quick penetrating defense though that makes him change directions in the backfield could really disrupt a runner like that, but once he hits that line he's gaining hards. I still can't believe how he snapped #92 back at the goal line with that collision. and there were a few times I didn't think he was going anywhere and he just melts thru that defensive line, like he can't be stopped yet.

overall it was a really nice game. Disappointed in special teams. Kicking wasn't great, coverage wasn't either. i know they started a few out near the 35. Good thing we didn't punt, helps keeps the good taste in my mouth from this game.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon was physically dominant, like watching a UFC fighter throw his man down and then pound him into the canvas.
Rodgers was sublime
Adams was superb
Offensive line as a unit played at an outstanding level
Jones had a great night as well and this fan loves the Dillon/Jones combo. Jones is quick footed let the blocks develop type who uses a dancers feet and outstanding short area acceleration to dart through his holes in the Emmitt Smith school of rushing. Dillon is a pure North and South back who hits the gaps with speed and power in the mold of a latter day John Riggins, fill the gap well make contact a yard from the LoS and it just doesn't matter. It's a stark change in style and one that will keep defenses off balance even when they do to sell out against the run.

Defensively we basically channeled Buddy Ryan and played with a lot of 6 man defensive fronts, Henry was not shut down but we did hold him to nearly a yard less than his season average. This is a defense that might work for us when you have safeties like Amos and Savage who can both cover in man and a pass rush featuring Clark, Z, Smith Keke and Gary. Thats a lot of guys who might trash their blocker on any given play for a quick rush at the quarterback. An offensive line might pick them all up and it might not matter.

Clark was a monster and it's hard to understate what he means to this defense. His play in the middle against the run and pass sets the tone for everyone else and makes everyone else better. His interior push makes the outside pass rush better and you know what it sets up the bad throws and picks. Dantes, you have mentioned that this defense hasn't made as many big plays as last year, I wonder how much of that decline was resultant from Clark either being absent or playing with a nagging groin injury. Since he's been back to near 100% we're suddenly seeing more picks and sacks again.

Really our whole defense earned plaudits last night, their best game of the season.
I think this team really does look like a contender right now and yes I think it's the team to beat in the NFC. This is not the same team that got beat by the Bucs in the beginning of the season.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Dillon- Good showing in first extended action. Made a tough swing pass look easy with his hands. He's definitely a different style runner than Jones. Didn't have the quick step, the chop and go etc I like to see. But man he's a load. WHen he gets going downhill he's not easy to bring down. If we can get him started he's going to do very well. a Quick penetrating defense though that makes him change directions in the backfield could really disrupt a runner like that, but once he hits that line he's gaining hards. I still can't believe how he snapped #92 back at the goal line with that collision. and there were a few times I didn't think he was going anywhere and he just melts thru that defensive line, like he can't be stopped yet.

Watch his 30 yard tuddy again, his footwork was superb. He doesn't have shake, but his ability to cut and change his axis of attack is elite for such a big runner.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Everyone, as near a complete game as we've had recently. Most importantly to me, the run defense finally stopped an elite back. It's been a while. I seriously thought Henry would bulldoze us for 400 and destroy half our team in the process, lol.

Here's AJ Dillon's highlights...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say an even better job by the defense against Henry then the stats would indicate. A good chunk of his yardage came in garbage time, with the Packers looking more to the pass than run.
His longest run was 10 yards, and they made him earn every inch of his yardage.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Titans wrs had something like 7 catches for 80 yards. The Titans had 4 catches for 41 yards. The rbs didn't catch a pass. The Titans were behind all game and had to pass and couldn't complete anything. The rush defense was amazing but the pass defense wasn't far behind. Alexander and King were phenomenonal locking down two very good wrs. The safeties were great in all aspects of the game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Here's a stud that I don't think anyone has mentioned:

Luck.

-The weather seemed to really phase the Titans.

-Aaron Jones stepped out of bounds.

-The Titans bailed out a couple stalled drives with dumb penalties.

-The blocked FG return was erased because of a phantom offsides penalty.

Now the Packers absolutely deserved to win, and would have won regardless. But they had an unusual amount work out in their favor.

And the dud here belongs to special teams. That FG block and return should have help up, and would have been a big play if not for the penalty calling it back.

Members online

Latest posts