Time sharing

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:-? If Lord Favre does come back for one more season as he says; if the Pack get the players he wants, will he then be willing to share playing time with whomever GB annoints as he eventual replacement? Would only be fair! NON?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, his name is Brett, not Lord. Don't expect a reasonable debate if you put a poison pill like "Lord Favre" in your original post.

I think Favre should retire, but if he comes back, he is the Packers' starting QB and he should get all the playing time unless the game is a blowout or maybe if the team falls out of contention for a playoff berth. The whole justification for Favre coming back, if he does, is that the team will be competitive, in which case it would make no sense for the coaching staff to hedge their bets by having him split time with Rogers.

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8) Perhaps to you it would make no sense, but on a futuristic level it makes a whole lot of sense, if a team plans on still being competitive down the road, after Mr. Favre makes up his mind that he's had enough. Perhaps you still cling to the idea that GB will be competitive enough this season to make a serious bid for the Super Bowl? Grant you it's not out of the question, but they are very very long shots at this point.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos: I doubt that this year's team will be much better than .500 even with Favre. That's why I think it would be better for him to retire. What I'm saying is that IF he comes back, the understanding will be that the Packers are going for all the marbles THIS SEASON, come hell or high water. That means playing your best QB at all times. And Rodgers is unlikely to be as good as Favre this season (if ever).

I don't like this in-between business, and I think it would be bad for Rodgers' development anyway, as a lot of fans would be angry seeing Rodgers out there with a healthy Favre riding the bench. That's just not going to happen, nor should it. Rodgers needs to start with a clean slate, with Favre out of the picture, whether that happens this year or next year.

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D Makes sense Greg. Perhaps you're right and letting Brett retire would be the best way to go. I do think most of GB fans would have a heart attack should that happen. Most of them think the Favre era will last forever and that it is the only way back to the top. I personally would not be shocked if T.T. did take a QB with #5, but more likely he'd grab one down the board a ways.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't care if Rodgers plays all friggin' year with Favre riding the pines...

He's still going to be no good...

It takes 2-3 years for a rookie QB to develop in the NFL...(that is if they ever develop...and there's no guarantee that Rodgers will...)

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
:-? If Lord Favre does come back for one more season as he says; if the Pack get the players he wants, will he then be willing to share playing time with whomever GB annoints as he eventual replacement? Would only be fair! NON?

After the "Lord Favre" comment, I knew I did not have to read any further !

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without citing anything other than his kind helpful words to Javon Walker last year it is fairly difficult to say anything isn't it. Did not Javon realize that everyone else knew his holdout was uneconomic for him and that he was only hurting himself?

Is Brett not willing to throw blocks, play injured, restructure his contract and any number of things to help th team win?

What demands has Brett put on the team? That they play to win? That they be as committed as he is? Isn't that leadership?

Any privileges he has he earned them first.

WHO IN THE WORLD EVER SAID BRETT WAS NOT COMING BACK??!!!

IF THE PRESS ASKED YOU 10 THOUSAND TIMES "ARE YOU A THIEF?" WOULD NOT THE PUBLIC START TO WONDER OF YOUR CHARACTER?

IT IS THE SAME WITH THIS QUITTER ACCUSATION. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING NEXT YEAR? WHAT!! YOU DON'T KNOW?? WHEN WILL YOU KNOW? NEXT YEAR??

HAS HE NOT EARNED YOUR RESPECT OR ARE YOU INCAPABLE OF ANY??

When and where has time sharing QB's ever succeeded?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts