1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Time line explained by Brett??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Those that post on Brett forum might recall this it was posted by Bretts business partner and the man that ran the forum and the online store..When specifically asked was it his thoughts on the whole timeline,this person said no..That he got it right from the horses mouth...

Funyn thing, few days later this person took this down, but I did save it..

The italicized/bolded parts is what Brett supposedly said

I am posting this now since some people might have opinions one way or another based on stories they heard..

Since it is supposedly coming from Brett, there is no disputing the fact the Packers WERE willing to accept him back at different points from the time he retired till later on..This person was not disputing anything the Packers said/did..

So why would a person that is clearly a Brett inner circle person show the Packers were willing to take him back..It only makes the idea of Brett being wishy washy more solid..

I do not want this to end in any type of heated or nasty arguments...If it starts to get that way, then it will be locked...

He wanted Ted to be honest with him, but he was never really honest with them

2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    It sounds to me that Favre was ticked that Thompson didn't get on his hands and knees and beg enough and that Favre was still undecided about possibly returning until well after the draft. Hell, by late June it was "Might want to return." It wasn't "For sure wants to play." :

Sorry, but I can't fault the Packers brass here. It feels more like Brett strung them along than the other way around.

3. gopackgopackgo

gopackgopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get this from? It is interesting but without a source its hard to judge reliability. And reading for typed 4 that many times hurts baby Jesus eyes.

4. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    What we had here is a failure to communicate ...

5. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Did you read the 1st few paragraphs? Clearly you didn't. I know the man that posted this, and know he is very close to Brett

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I want to add that even thought Brett wasnt sure, they still should have said okay Brett..Its July but we will still take you back

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    This has been commented OVER and OVER again, but I'll say it again. BOTH sides SHOULD'VE acted differently, but in the end nobody forced nobody to do anything. Nothing changes the fact that Brett Favre INDEED retired, and nothing changes the fact that he's playing for the Vikings...

8. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I think many of you people are missing what was documented. Brett had sneaking suspicions, so he was forced to play the game that ensues when one party (Grey Ghost) chooses to play dirty. TT should have manned-up, found his stones and called the ball, but he failed miserably - much like a significant number of his draft picks.

One thing that swung towards Favre - for me - was an interview he did in which he stated the following (and don't overlook its tremendous importance): Sure, I could have hedged and lied to the Green Bay Packers organization and fans and announced I was returning for another season. Then, if I truly wasn't comfortable returning or able to return, I could have retired again and NOBODY WOULD HAVE KNOWN MY TRUE INTENTIONS. Think about this for a second, people because this is what 90% of guys in his position would do - they'd simply lie.

Brett Favre is clearly a man of high integrity and character and like all men of his nature demand a certain type of demeanor when you deal with them. It relates to the laws of the traditional red-blooded, American male. You know, the principles and behavior that made America a dominant superpower, yet fairer to its citizenry than any other comparable country in the history of mankind. The "handshake is as good as gold" phenomenon that's all but disappeared in this country. The way people used to make those who acted unscrupulously and unethically and immorally feel shamed instead of turning a blind eye and claiming that if it doesn't impact my life personally, it is none of my business.

Nah - for my money, I'm stickin' with Brett on this one. If for no other reason than to take a stand for all the men and women that worked tirelessly to see this country prosper and dominate, but in the right way. You work hard, you give and demand respect and you provide no apologies for that successes you have achieved.

9. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I dont care how are why got him but from the bottum of my heart. Thank you Ted Thompson and the entire state of Wisconsin. You got a great QB and we got an old washed up has been that still gets the Job done! So let the best team win the North.

10. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    And nothing changes the fact that Murphy said "he can compete for his job". But then they said sorry we were just screwing with ya have a good time in NY

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    sort of like Brett saying, okay I'll come back..Opps sorry just screwing with ya!

12. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    I've been in management too flippin' long to criticize Thompson for failing to kiss an employee's ***. I mean, either you WANT to be here, or you don't.

All "sneakin' suspicions" that #4 may have had aside, I had a "sneakin' suspicion" of my own that #4 may have had a "sneakin' suspicion" that he couldn't beat out Rodgers any longer. I was hoping that he'd come back for 2008 personally, but was ready to move on the very day he 'retired'...and did.

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    they got 5 min from the SB in 07 and Brett wasnt sure if he wanted back?

14. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    My sentiments exactly. If NY had a field goal kicker that didn't have the yips in that game, it wouldn't have come down to an ill-advised pass into coverage, in overtime - but, that's just my take. then again, I wasn't convinced that the Pack could have beaten N.E. with the defense as it was in '07. Hate to say it, but Super Bowl 32 has never been adequately flushed from my system and I take in a LOT of fiber.

15. AzPackerfan

AzPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Yeah, but he was sure if he had to sit behind that O-Line of ours for one more year, he would be spending a lot more time ON his back...:blind: