Tim Tebow

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll be a great QB for a team that's willing to let him develop.

But for a team needing a QB, he's absolutely not ready to play. He's terrible right now, in a pro-style offense.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet my life in a year he won't be playing quarterback. He'll take way too long to develop. His throwing mechanics are horrible. Most things I've read from NFL scouts say his mechanics are so bad to make up for the fact that his arm is tremendously weak. Not only that but he never, not once, took a snap under center in college. IMO he will be playing tight end in no time.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
NO TE

He was a great Florida QB! I want him to play QB somewhere

*Destorys the room I am currently in*

Name one good NFL QB that has played for the Gators. UF has never been able to produce a good NFL QB. Spurriers system was bad for that and Urban Meyer's is even worse. I will be my life that Tebow will suck.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name one good NFL QB that has played for the Gators. UF has never been able to produce a good NFL QB. Spurriers system was bad for that and Urban Meyer's is even worse. I will be my life that Tebow will suck.
You can talk all about his mechanics.

But fact is he has tons of pocket awareness, and knowledge of defenses. Plus he has all the intangibles.

That is more important for a QB than mechanics.

I agree, he won't be good for at least his 3rd year.

But he's a fast learner, and a great leader. That's undeniable.

He won't be a pocket QB. But he doesn't need to be...

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
You can talk all about his mechanics.

But fact is he has tons of pocket awareness, and knowledge of defenses. Plus he has all the intangibles.

That is more important for a QB than mechanics.

I agree, he won't be good for at least his 3rd year.

But he's a fast learner, and a great leader. That's undeniable.

He won't be a pocket QB. But he doesn't need to be...

You could be right, and time will tell. To me its not just mechanics.....the guy sucks at throwing the football. I was never once impressed with him when I watched him play. I'm not claiming to be an NFL scout or to have a good eye for identifying talent, but I honestly feel that Tim Tebow will never be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He's a BAD passer. Period.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could be right, and time will tell. To me its not just mechanics.....the guy sucks at throwing the football. I was never once impressed with him when I watched him play. I'm not claiming to be an NFL scout or to have a good eye for identifying talent, but I honestly feel that Tim Tebow will never be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He's a BAD passer. Period.
I agree, but the thing is he doesn't bring only passing ability to his team.

He's an ok passer, that doesn't make mistakes (a HUGE aspect of his game), and that can kill teams in the ground.

As I said, I don't think he'll ever be a great pocket QB. But if Mike Vick had sucess, certainly Tebow can.

He does need to go to a team that can utilize him properly. Not with an offense like Florida's, but it needs to have some spread principles...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too early to define his career.

This. He's not working with a QB frienldy coach. As Lombardi said, Tebow needs to have an offense tailored for him, he needs believers in the front office and in the coaching staff. He has neither in Denver.

Tebow would be great in Philly, with a year of learning the playbook. He could also do very well in New Orleans, and in Washington, places that love to move the pocket.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we judged QBs by where they were after a year, I wonder if we would have ever heard of Warren Moon, Steve young, or Johnny Unitas.

On the other side of the ball off the top of my head would be James Harrison and Cameron Wake. Both great players. Both took time before they blossomed.

QB is the hardest position to play in sports. I cant judge Tebow yet. Denver has been a train wreck of an organization too.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Tebow simply needs some games or maybe a full season as a starting QB to judge him fairly.
But I still do not believe that Orton is the better QB, he simply is the lower risk for Head Coach Fox.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's behind Brady Quinn on the depth chart. Thats all I need to know, lol.

Kurt Warner in 2008 was a backup behind Matt Leinart. He was once cut by the Packers, being 4th on the depth chart, and as nobody wanted him, he played 3 yeasrs in the AFL, and 1 in the NFL Europe, before the Rams adcquired him to backup Trent Green.

Lemme tell you about Bart Starr's early years. He started in the NFL as a backup toTobin Rote. In 1957 he was named the starter, but was benched several times in favor of backup Babe Parilli. In 1958, he started the first 4 games, but he was again so bad he was benched in favor of Parilli. And in 59 and 60, he once again wasn't the clear starter, sharing time in those seasons with LaMar McHan. In fact, he only started in 69 after an injury to LaMar McHan. And in the 1960 season, he started the season as the backup, and after he entered the team, it took him till the semi-last (10th of 12) game to throw a TD. Do I really need to tell you how Starr's career eventually ended?

It's really not how you start your NFL career...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts