1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

tiebreakers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mike_donnelly, Sep 19, 2007.

1. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    obviously like all Packers fans I would rather we get to playoffs by our winning record alone, but last year the tiebreakers cost us, so I was thinking to start up with 2 NFC East win's must be a positive. Every win is greta, but can somebody explain how it works? Which wins count for most? Is it best to beat AFC teams or NFC teams?

2. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe it's NFC first, then non-conference, then ending with strength of schedule. I have been wrong before though.

3. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  4. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that.

according to that, wins over AFC teams won't count for much. oh well, that doesn't mean we can't still put 1000 points on Raiders. :)
    packers just have to keep winning, and the tiebreakers will be irrelevant, but it is good to have these 1st 2 over NFC teams.

5. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    aye thank god we have the queens and leos in our division!