Tice gets 1 year extension!

V

Vikeman

Yes! I love it! The Packers are really in for it now hahahahaha! We are gonna dominate this division for years and years to come. This really makes my day. All Packer fans beware.

Oh wait nevermind....... :roll:

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy with news like that the only way the packers could top it, is to give Majic Mikey a two year contract extension!!! Hope we don't have to keep up with the jones. :lol: :puke:

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'll take a gm-coach with too much power that makes mistakes and still wins 3 straight div titles over a coach that can't take a 6-0 team to the postseason anyday.

Sandra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
i'll take a gm-coach with too much power that makes mistakes and still wins 3 straight div titles over a coach that can't take a 6-0 team to the postseason anyday.

AMEN!!!!!:towel:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:

he was being sarcastic...did you miss it?

V

Vikeman

Thanks for clarifying my statement arrow. Trust me sixone I would be lieing through my teeth if I told you that there isn't another team I despise more then the Packers. But I would be an eccentric individual to come to a Packers forum and talk smack after being swept. So I thought a touch of humor was warranted. I also try to not build my self esteem around a football team.

Let's go Eagles! :puke:

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it the Vikings must love choking the end of a season away.

The Rams are winning and that isn't helping the Vikings get in the post season...well this week anyway.

Later
Leopardmech

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
...Let's go Eagles! :puke:
Oh really - a bandwagon jumper... eh?
The (FL)Eagles remind me of Buffalo and Coach Levy... 4 up and 4 out! :?
Now, with TO out of the game more than likely for the rest of the entire season.... then McNabb will probably get hurt (like always) and ask the Coach to take him out of the game early again.. just like last year. :shock: :wink:
If it comes down to the Eagles versus Atlanta - Ill take the Donatell Defense from the Falcons over the McNabb idolizations, any day! For me, the Philly Sports Writers are always being given waaay too much say in football these days and they are always wrong...it's always the hype with these guys... better to go with what JAWS has to say on his Show. On top of that... McNabb will never be another Brett Favre -- he's no Ironman when it comes right down to it.

The NFC may be in a shambles compared to the AFC - but I'm bettin' we take the ProBowl again this year, too!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
sixone220 said:

he was being sarcastic...did you miss it?

ya i caught it. have to be pretty dense not to. i was refering to gotarace27's comment that we better not resign sherm.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
ya i caught it. have to be pretty dense not to. i was refering to gotarace27's comment that we better not resign sherm.

ahhh i see.

IPBprez-don't don't you mean that Mora Defense from the falcons? Mora is the defensive stud on that staff.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm listening right now to a Mike Tice interview on the radio. As much as I look at the guy on TV and think bad things, he sounds like a pretty good guy, just from what I can hear. A pleasant interview it seems.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
IPBprez-don't don't you mean that Mora Defense from the falcons? Mora is the defensive stud on that staff.
Mora? What? Where?
Donatell was picked up by the Falcons to be their DC, ol' buddy...
Did you check?
  • Jim Mora - Head Coach [/*:m:tdiio6ye]
  • Alex Gibbs - Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line [/*:m:tdiio6ye]
  • Greg Knapp - Offensive Coordinator [/*:m:tdiio6ye]
  • Ed Donatell - Defensive Coordinator [/*:m:tdiio6ye]
  • Joe DeCamillis - Special Teams Coordinator [/*:m:tdiio6ye]

If Mora was the stud - what happened last year with the Falcons... you're saying that without Vick, they never go anywhere as a Team? I think you'd be wrong about that one.... Vick isn't making all that much an impression as a player - the hype out there is lending him a cushion for a spell, but their D is markedly improved this year.. go check the stats.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha..

where have you been IBP??

first of all this is mora's first year with the falcons. more importantly, he was picked up from 49ers and his role there was....you guessed it Defensive Coordinator!

anyways, he schemes well with young talent and was basically the man defensively in that franchise...im surroundeed with bay area sports coverage over here. i couldn't get away from it if i tried.

trust me, he's making donatell look real good right now.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give Donatell more of the credit at this point -- The Mora Family was stationed right here in Indy for a time... and got exactly no where.

If anything, once given a free-er hand with running the Defense AND finding themselves with just a bit better talent (by not much).. Donatell is who is making Mora look good!

Donatell did amazing things with the D last year... and he got the shaft.
Without Donatell, we'd never had made the playoffs at all..
You did notice how "quickly" the Falcons grabbed onto ol' Ed, right?

It's way more than obvious that Slowik can't handle the job.. not with the icro-management going on at the Packers these days... seems like everyone in Coaching is trying to save face all the time... barely gettin' by.. with all this prevent mentality on the field. THAT's not happening in Atlanta right now....

BTW - Have you gone back and looked at the Niner's record with Mora as the DC? Pretty damn nasty when you get right down to it. Remember the phrase - Offense sells tickets, but Defense gets you to the SuperBowl. So, tell us again what raging success we were seeing in SanFran?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anything, once given a free-er hand with running the Defense AND finding themselves with just a bit better talent (by not much).. Donatell is who is making Mora look good!

potayto...potawto.

Donatell did amazing things with the D last year... and he got the shaft.
Without Donatell, we'd never had made the playoffs at all..

Donatell shouldn't have been fired...he was a patsy. no argument here. but don't mistake last years defense as a stellar one, it wasn't. the cardinals got us into the playoffs.

It's way more than obvious that Slowik can't handle the job.. not with the icro-management going on at the Packers these days... seems like everyone in Coaching is trying to save face all the time... barely gettin' by.. with all this prevent mentality on the field. THAT's not happening in Atlanta right now....

agreed. slowik stinks, can't argue that.

BTW - Have you gone back and looked at the Niner's record with Mora as the DC? Pretty damn nasty when you get right down to it. Remember the phrase - Offense sells tickets, but Defense gets you to the SuperBowl.

that seems like a pretty narrow argument to me. the fact is when reeves was fired they looked at 3 or 4 of the best DC in the league. they chose mora, i don't know why you want to diminish his ability as a great defensive minded coach, he knows what he's doing and he does more with less...period.

im through with this, maybe donatell was just waiting for the right team to nuture a championship defense...either way, i'd rather just agree to disagree.

So, tell us again what raging success we were seeing in SanFran?

us? are we being watched?

hahaha...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks AG - good post -- more to my style... nice thing about forums.. you can post your opinion and everyone can say po-ta-toe, or not...

The Niner comment was legit - they weren't awful just because of no Offense...!
You have to give me that... I just have a different flavor of the guy knowing where his "genes" hail from... remember the apple doesn't fall all that far from the tree. And, I was.. talking about Mora's efforts in SanFran.. nothing to do with the Packers...

Here in Indy, the Jim Mora campaign wasn't all that grand. Smelled more like Schottenheimer when he was at KC - had good seasons, several of them, then choked and went 'prevent' in the playoffs and the Colts took it to em with Harbaugh in sub-zero weather(outside).

I'll say this --- if (son) Mora can pull it off for two seasons in a row... then I'll capitulate...otherwise.....
Right now, we'll let him slide as a Rookie Coach for now.

What's he gonna do when the rest of the League figures out Vick?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
What's he gonna do when the rest of the League figures out Vick?

the league figured out vick...tackle from behind and break his leg!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thats the only way you're gonna stop this guy..

Members online

Latest posts