Throw back jerseys for next season?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I absolutely Love these jersey's I think they were some of the best throwbacks form the past couple of years.(im just slightly biased ofcourse) But I really want to get one so I hope they wear these for , forever or atleast once a year for forever. I mean hell, anyone see a coincidence, bring the throwbacks out this year, WE WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:detsux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Most teams do pretty well after they change their uniforms, Packers are no expection to this. Especially if its drastic.

Lambeau did it.
Lombardi did it.
When we did the 1994 throwbacks we did it, a season later but the Packers changed face.
We also did it this year and look what happend.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Most teams do pretty well after they change their uniforms, Packers are no expection to this. Especially if its drastic.

Lambeau did it.
Lombardi did it.
When we did the 1994 throwbacks we did it, a season later but the Packers changed face.
We also did it this year and look what happend.

Don't forget after winning it in 1996 you may have noticed that we dropped the stripes on the sleves from 6 stripes to a more standard 3 line stripes.

I don't want to change our current uniforms up, just thinking about the throwbacks. It would be interesting to see the old 60's throwbacks with the love sleeves and different socks.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm scared the grey facemask would spell bad luck.

Just look at the 49ers, who thought going back to their Championship uniforms was going to help them, they are a bigger mess now than they were in those ugly dark red jerseys LOL

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Don't forget after winning it in 1996 you may have noticed that we dropped the stripes on the sleves from 6 stripes to a more standard 3 line stripes.

I don't want to change our current uniforms up, just thinking about the throwbacks. It would be interesting to see the old 60's throwbacks with the love sleeves and different socks.

That wasn't the Packers design that was Nike's doing, so I don't count it as a uniform change. I love the Packers uniforms, but I want this new era to set themselves apart.

At some point a team changes and I believe now would be the best time to do it. At the cusp of a new era. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who is happy that the throwbacks the Packers wore this year are the only era of Packers throwbacks that #4 has not been screened or stitched. Let the Packers move on from the Lombardi inspired uniforms to the McCarthy era design.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think our uniforms are fantastic. Top 5 in the league. As I said before, the only change I'd make is going back to the gray facemask and probably the striped socks of the Lombardi era.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our uniforms are fantastic. Top 5 in the league. As I said before, the only change I'd make is going back to the gray facemask and probably the striped socks of the Lombardi era.

Yup, the stripes need to be back on the socks. I'd put sleeve stripes on the undershirt in order to move them back down the arm, and I'd put shoulder numbers back on the sleeves.

I don't like any of the throwback uniforms, so I'd like to see MM and TT design a blue and gold uniform to be worn on special occasions. It wouldn't be "throwback", but would just substitute the blue for the green on our present uniform. Remember, the Packers had blue and gold from their inception to the 50s before going full time green under Lombardi.

The helmet needs to be left alone, other than the faceguard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts