Throw back jerseys for next season?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Is there any word about the Pack Attack wearing those Acme Packers jerseys for one game next year?

I'm sure they ain't everyone's cup of coffee but I thought they looked pretty cool (not big fan of the helmet though)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as of the middle of the season the plan was to wear them for several more years.

Basis being that they would sell more stuff that way, but this could change.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd like to see them do something else with the helmet, but I think they're locked into the current design until like 2016 or something because of NFL rules.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see them do something else with the helmet, but I think they're locked into the current design until like 2016 or something because of NFL rules.

that is correct, though I am sure they might get something approved if it was subtle.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
My idea was to just take our helmet and paint the gold blue, since the jerseys are that old color.

reminds me of the 49ers throwbacks in 1994. All they did was take away their silver helmet and use their gold one.

The throwbacks we had in 1994 were also pretty cool.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally hated them when first revealed, though came down a bit after they played in them, I still don't like them though.

Personally I would LOVE to see them do an alternative uniform, one that was reverse colors. Yellow/Gold jersey with Green numbers,
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
and the Pants be reverse too. Heck the Helm could be reverse too :D

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally hated them when first revealed, though came down a bit after they played in them, I still don't like them though.

Personally I would LOVE to see them do an alternative uniform, one that was reverse colors. Yellow/Gold jersey with Green numbers,

not to put this down or anything, but imo yuck lol

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

I hate those jerseys with a passion.

Easily, and I do mean easily, the worst jersey created.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep those Notre Dame bowl game green uni's away from the Pack. I liked what they did this year. Maybe put the numbers on the helmet or something too.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You know what would've been kind of cool to wear with the throwback unis? Instead of a brown helmet, wear a helmet that's almost a clone of the one we wear now, but change the color to the proper shade of gold and change everything that's green on it to that navy blue.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what would've been kind of cool to wear with the throwback unis? Instead of a brown helmet, wear a helmet that's almost a clone of the one we wear now, but change the color to the proper shade of gold and change everything that's green on it to that navy blue.

I could go for that

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked the 1929 throwbacks. The Pack looked bada-- in them, IMO. They will be wearing them for the next three years I believe as the 3rd uniform.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the yellow jerseys.

I still think this would have looked better had they used the yellow pants and just add a blue stripe. Hell they could have done like SF back in 94 and just used our default helmet with a blue stripe to match these jerseys, for those handful of games.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the throwback jerseys, I hope they wear them against the Bears or Lions next year. And how about this: the year the Packers pay tribute to their 1929 championship team with the throwbacks, they win another championship.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
In retrospect I think we should've done something like this:

It would celebrate the franchise's rich history with the color scheme, but also celebrate the current Packers by keeping with the more modern styling.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks alot like the rams. Maybe Nike can design something crazy for us in the future.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
looks alot like the rams. Maybe Nike can design something crazy for us in the future.
Like their college combat uniforms.

First off, I would love if the team could come up with a new design for our uniforms. And have their current home/away as an alt. once the 1929 era throwbacks are up.

I feel teh packers are do to be welcomed into a new era, and I am all for respect of the past, but in order to honor the past you have to step away from it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts