Three Packers make Pro Bowl.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And honestly I don't think any of them really deserve a pro bowl selection.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
That's why it's the ProBowl, it is meaningless. Jamie Collins and Malcom Butler on the Patriots made it. Jamie Collins is amazing but missed 1/3 of the season with an illness. Malcom Butler is burned almost every play but Patriots fans love him because of the Super Bowl winning play. It's just fans voting for players they like on their respective teams.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popularity contest indeed.

Rodgers and Matthews don't deserve it. Sitton has played well so I think that's a legitimate selection. After reading in the local papers that Adrian Peterson was the only Vikings player selected, I wondered out loud if there was anyone from the Packers. Shocked to see three of them.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember that fan voting only counts for 1/3 of the vote. Coaches and players account for the other 2/3 so it is more than just a popularity contest.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say Rodgers is having a bit of an off year, but his name recognition alone is enough to get him in, then his numbers are still as good or better than most of the others too and are every bit as good as any other QB people are thinking are having an outstanding year. What does that say? I can't say i'm surprised he was voted in.

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me the Pro Bowl is a joke and means nothing to me the best players don't always get voted in so I could care less the playoffs baby that's what its about !

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay deserves it no question. Through the first half of the year, he was a candidate for DPOY. He has leveled off, but is still playing very well.

Rodgers has also put up Pro Bowl numbers. We are just used to him be so amazing, that it seems like he's not doing well.

I'd say that Shields, Daniels, Raji, and Peppers have all played a Pro Bowl level also. I don't know how they compare to other guys at their positions though.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate that the WR leading the league in TDs didn't make it. But that's what happens when you play in Jacksonville.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
And honestly I don't think any of them really deserve a pro bowl selection.
Seriously??? Who should? There are probably 45 NFC players on this Pro Bowl team. We are 10-4, the third best record in the NFC. Just who in the hell is supposed to be on this team???

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously??? Who should? There are probably 45 NFC players on this Pro Bowl team. We are 10-4, the third best record in the NFC. Just who in the hell is supposed to be on this team???
Its for players who never miss a tackle, never drop a pass, always sack the QB, pancake block every player, and intercept every pass.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its for players who never miss a tackle, never drop a pass, always sack the QB, pancake block every player, and intercept every pass.
Then it is surprising that Rodgers made it since he's never done any of those things

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate that the WR leading the league in TDs didn't make it. But that's what happens when you play in Jacksonville.

This and I am quite surprised DeAngelo Williams did make it... Granted he didn't play a stretch but he has easily been better when on the field than half the other backs voted in. Like Shady. Penalized because he played behind perhaps the best overall back in the league for a couple of weeks.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This and I am quite surprised DeAngelo Williams did make it... Granted he didn't play a stretch but he has easily been better when on the field than half the other backs voted in. Like Shady. Penalized because he played behind perhaps the best overall back in the league for a couple of weeks.
Yeah, I'd like to have seen him get in as well. I witnessed Deangelo dismantling my team when he was in high school. Always has been a great talent and really nice guy. I really liked what he said regarding Bell's return from suspension at the beginning of the year.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well the league is just so loaded at WR that team success has to get factored in. It's just the way it is. Who you taking off?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the league is just so loaded at WR that team success has to get factored in. It's just the way it is. Who you taking off?
Um...Calvin Johnson? Robinson had more yards and 5 more TDs. That's the obvious choice. He easily could have been given the "honor" over AJ Green, as their yards and catches were very close and Robinson again had 5 more TDs.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...Calvin Johnson? Robinson had more yards and 5 more TDs. That's the obvious choice. He easily could have been given the "honor" over AJ Green, as their yards and catches were very close and Robinson again had 5 more TDs.

Calvin Johnson sure. But he has WAY more name recognition in the league.

But no to AJ Green. That's were being on a FAR superior team and putting up numbers factors in when the league is loaded at the position

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson sure. But he has WAY more name recognition in the league.

But no to AJ Green. That's were being on a FAR superior team and putting up numbers factors in when the league is loaded at the position
And that's a shame when it keeps players out who had better years. I can see your point with Green, though there's still name recognition factored into that, but the Jaguars and Lions have the same record. Robinson was more deserving than Johnson this year, there's no argument to be made otherwise. Makes me sick.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pro bowl selections are always 2-3 years behind the production it seems.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is a fan voting contest. The players with the most fans get voted in. Name recognition and what they did a year or two ago is what counts, not what happens this current year.

Rodgers is not playing like a top 6 QB in the league right now but is still in the top 3 in terms of individual QB skill. Matthews has played well and is still a freak, Sitton, meh.

Based on play alone, Shields and Daniels would be the only ones that maybe deserved votes. Doesn't matter if the team is 10-4, the Pro Bowl is supposed to be an individual play vote.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the "this guy was snubbed" players will get the probowl asterisk after the players in the SB and injured are taken off the roster. Some years it seems half the skill players in the league are probowlers. [/over-exaggeration]

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the culmination of an obviously flawed selection process is that they play a "game" that's so competitively flawed that it cannot really be taken seriously. At least the weather in Hawaii is okay.

This times 1000.... They should just vote. And not play the "game". The Pro Bowl doesn't even resemble a football game. The line does block, D-Line doesn't actually try to rush for the most part.

Just make it a 7 on 7 or skills challenge. At least the player involved might try a little.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is a fan voting contest. The players with the most fans get voted in.

No, the Pro Bowl is not just a fan voting contest. The fans, coaches and players all vote with each of them accounting for 1/3 of the total vote. Coaches and players have twice as much voting power as fans so players who do get voted in have to have had votes from the coaches and players as well.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is a fan voting contest. The players with the most fans get voted in. Name recognition and what they did a year or two ago is what counts, not what happens this current year.

Rodgers is not playing like a top 6 QB in the league right now but is still in the top 3 in terms of individual QB skill. Matthews has played well and is still a freak, Sitton, meh.

Based on play alone, Shields and Daniels would be the only ones that maybe deserved votes. Doesn't matter if the team is 10-4, the Pro Bowl is supposed to be an individual play vote.
Our receivers suck. I'm not sure how you can put the blame on Rodgers when he is still putting up Pro Bowl numbers and his receivers simply have no size, speed, or strength to beat press coverage and can't catch. Rodgers is the only thing on this offense that is giving us a chance this year, with his ability to scramble and make plays when the receivers are too slow to get open.

And let's not refer to the performance of the receivers in years past, when defenses adjusted their scheme in order to limit Nelson and opened things up for these guys. The fact that every team plays man against us and shuts the receivers down should tell you something.

Members online

Latest posts