1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Thompson won't spend millions on mediocrity

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OregonPackFan, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "Feeling" like we are dropping the ball on the Moss case is a reason to get yourself all worked up like this?
    Just because we don't SEE what is going on doesn't mean NOTHING is happening. I REALLY believe they are trying to get this done. In the end, if we DON'T get Moss, it doesn't necessarily mean thet TT and the rest of the Packer staff didn't do ALL that they could to try to get it done.
    There are MANY people involved in this, and any one of them can throw a wrench into the works.

2. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats true, it might not get done and it might not be our fault. I just hope that we have a contingency plan because it will be a depressing few months thinking that we will enter the season with the same receiving corps & Bubba in the starting lineup. It would really irk me.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Cuz he is due to make 21 million in the next 2 years..get him to re-do it to make most of it paid out now

I think the Packers are trying to get the 2nd year down to a more reasonable number, and put alot of it in this year like the Woodson deal.

4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970

You truly think that our Wr and TE situation is going to be the way it is now once Sept rolls around?????????????????

5. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No it will probably be filled by rookies

6. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh god i really hope not :rotflmao: Anything but another year of bubba. I'd rather see us run the old "run & shoot" offense than see that again.

7. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

That would be just wonderful

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    You felt same way last year Pyle, even said anything over 6 wins would be an improvement..Since it was a 8 game win season you should be ecstatic?

and yes I took time to do a search as I told you once b4, I wanted to see your thoughts about the team last year..

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=95768#95768

9. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    we we're damn close to 9 - 7, we could easily have been 9 -7 or better with some luck last season.

10. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Man, I get a kick out of this. Notice the word THEY not I!

11. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    like you put it with Harlan and TT,

the Fords have given Millen lots of chances and he has not been successful, therefore Harlan is wrong about TT.

Well, you were wrong about last season, therefore you are wrong about next season as well.

12. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wrong? The Packers went 9-7 and made the playoffs? Where's theignore button again?

13. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You obviously pointed out that you didn't think the Packers even would win 6 games.

14. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And I say that where?

15. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "I'm a Packers fan, and even I think most of you need to put down the Kool-Aid as well. 9-7 and the playoffs WILL not happen. If the Packers win 6 games they might as well consider it a successful season."

don't try to talk it away by saying you said "they", everyone knows, including you, that you, at that time, had no confidence in the Packers that season, you sure as hell didn't think they would win 8 games.

16. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know what Oregon. I went back through all your posts. you have been a member here for 12 days. You have 97 posts which is pretty high for the amount of days you have been on here. More than half of your posts are about defending managements bonehead moves. Why dont you just come out and admit it that you are a memeber of the Packers mgmt. and that you will defend them to no end. Either that or.....Like i said before.

17. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i cant believe that this is still being discussed.

let me break it down for everyone.

there are 2 types of fans.

1st group= Smart People.

and then theres

2nd group = People who think they know better than an NFL GM, think they know whats going on behind the scenes, people who run with every possible tangent discussed on any half *** website, people who think that signing "big money" FA's will make you a super bowl team.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ooooohhhhhh......PACNIC........what you SAID!!! :rotflmao:

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Some think that because you haven't been here long, that automatically means your post have no merit.
    I see it otherwise.
    Some people ARE consistant.............they remain "doom and gloom" about the Packers every year. They think ANYONE that is the Packers GM MUST be an idiot. And if you DARE to back what the Packer Brass is doing, you are a person that doesn't have a brain.
    Oregon, you seem to me to be thinking quite clearly! I AGREE with most of what you write!
    I have almost 5000 posts here, have been here quite awhile, and i don't think it makes me stupid because i see some REAL positives the way TT has handled the Packers so far.
    To go off on Oregon JUST because he's a somewhat "newbie" is LAME! He makes some GREAT points. Just because he doesn't agree with some of you, doesn't mena he is WRONG or a member of the Packer MGMT.

20. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, because he agrees with you his posts have merit. very nice

21. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, because he's a Packerfan his posts have merit. Exactly the same reason yours do.

22. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Cheesey, I take a real exception to this. Stating that I or any other Packers fan have been "doom and gloom" every year is speculation. I have been "doom and gloom" because I don't like the way this franchise is headed.

Honestly Cheesey,with all due respect, this post is the perfect example of why I get so angry

Don't put things in my, or any other posters mouth. How do you know how I would feel about another GM? When have I called anyone stupid? In fact I don't think anyone here is stupid besides 2-3 people who can remain anonymous. What I see is the TT backers calling everyone else dumb. Perfect example

Thats uncalled for and very hypocritical. First Packnic rips the people who are critical of TT by calling them stupid for stating they think we know more than the GM, and then states how "big money" FA's are NOT the way to go. Are you a GM Packnic? Are you smarter than Bob Kraft? Luckily, I expect nothing more from said poster.

Both sides can feel how they want but I will use facts and not and's, but's, maybe's, if's and etc.

Each side is as bad as the other.

23. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    There's a third group: "Smarter" people who know what you read and hear in the mainstream media is verbal oatmeal fed to fill the masses without providing any substance. This group includes fans who have seen:

1)The Lombardi years
    2)The Bengston years
    3)The Devine years
    4)The Starr years
    5)The Gregg travesty
    6)The Infante ooops years
    7)Holmgren/Wolf winning years
    8)Ray Rhodes(political correctness trumps Andy Reid)
    9)Mike Sherman(the last winning seasons)
    10)Mike McCarthy

This same group who understand the current Packer administration is more about "looking good MY WAY-on the cheap" than fielding a championship-level football team.

The group that understands you don't have to be a GM to criticize a GM, in the same way you don't have to be President of the United States to criticize the POTUS.

Feel free to join the third group anytime.

24. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does ESPN Classic count, net?

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Listen.....he was ATTACKED because he hasn't been here long. Like that automatically means his writting has no merit.
    Nice way to try to twist things around though. You seem to have a real knack for that. You in politics, or the media by any chance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.