This is what TT means about drafting "packer people"

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I don't know. Since he hasn't taken the LSAT's we won't know if he is smart enough to go to law school. I will assume he is. And I find it ironic that someone who blast's a fan of one team for making statements about the decisions of a player on his team turns around and questions the intelligence of a player on a rival team. (Although I think many here and many Viking fans would agree with you on that statement after this past weekend.)

I'm not blasting anybody. I am here to discuss the topic of Brad Jones - not to take the intellectually dishonest position of someone on a debate team who tries to justify a contrary position. IF the kid truly is intelligent enough to get into law school then I think it is a fair assumption that he is also intelligent enough to realize how fortunate he is to have the opportunity to play in the NFL and make some great cash which, in turn will help him realize his life's dreams later, when his football playing days are done. I don't see a guy like this as likely to blow his cash like some athletes do who aren't very bright, have droves of "hangers on" reaching in their pockets and think that life is one big, never-ending party.

Correct me if there is a flaw in my logic but I don't see many parallels between the Brad Jones' the Adam "Pacman - make it rain" Jones' of the world...

Seems to me that you are either trying to argue that there are no certainties in life or you are being obtuse simply for the fun of it. If it is the former, then duh... Of course nothing is guaranteed. But there are some things that are much better bets than others. If it is the latter, then I'm not really interested in wasting my time.

How many kids that enter the NFL are really capable of going on to law school, medical school or some other highly demanding academic field? The answer is not many. Don't you think there would be a slight correlation between intelligence and the ability to manage money properly? Good grief.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Albert Einstien could not balance his own checkbook. But he is probably the exception to the rule rather then the norm.
You think??

Man, you make it tough sometimes. Of all the Vike fans here you seem like the one (or one of the few) that has a good brain. I don't really understand the hanging out at the rival team's message board bit but to each their own. But it IS a Packer message board so you can expect to see a bunch of green and gold goggle wearing types. Are you here to play devil's advocate with the homers or are you actually here to engage in serious, legitimate discussion? It would be a shame if it were the former because unlike many of your peers, you seem capable of much more.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You think??

Man, you make it tough sometimes. Of all the Vike fans here you seem like the one (or one of the few) that has a good brain. I don't really understand the hanging out at the rival team's message board bit but to each their own. But it IS a Packer message board so you can expect to see a bunch of green and gold goggle wearing types. Are you here to play devil's advocate with the homers or are you actually here to engage in serious, legitimate discussion? It would be a shame if it were the former because unlike many of your peers, you seem capable of much more.
I prefer good discussion. But be careful, I will play devils advocate on certain things. I can pretty much tell who has the goggles on around here. Although we may not agree on some things I prefer to do it amicably. If I go to far with someone I will usually back off and apologize. Not sure it that has happened here. Life is to short to make enemies. Particularly in something as silly as a football forum. My rule is, if I would not say it to your face standing in a bar having a beer with you, I will not write here.

I try not to question the integrity or the intelligence of players, coaches or fans. Although it may seem so at times when I question their decisions.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I prefer good discussion. But be careful, I will play devils advocate on certain things. I can pretty much tell who has the goggles on around here. Although we may not agree on some things I prefer to do it amicably. If I go to far with someone I will usually back off and apologize. Not sure it that has happened here. Life is to short to make enemies. Particularly in something as silly as a football forum. My rule is, if I would not say it to your face standing in a bar having a beer with you, I will not write here.

I try not to question the integrity or the intelligence of players, coaches or fans. Although it may seem so at times when I question their decisions.

When I post at Packer fan forums, I typically assume that Vike fans are trolls until they prove otherwise. It may seem unfair or lazy but over several years on these boards I have found that it is true 99% of the time. So I have found that rather than assuming that Vike fans on Packer boards are there to actually be cool and discuss things, the contrary is a much safer bet and wastes much less of my time. So my apologies to you if I blasted you a few times. You actually do seem legit which is saying that you are pretty much the exception to the rule. I'm sure you do get a kick out of playing Devil's advocate once in a while but that is the complete MO of most that come to Packer boards as rival fans.

Again, I don't understand for a minute why someone would want to hang out on a rival teams' board, but whatever. Live and let live... It is unfortunate that so many others make it rough on those who really want to discuss and not just troll. Just the way it is...

BTW, this still holds true... :viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
When I post at Packer fan forums, I typically assume that Vike fans are trolls until they prove otherwise. It may seem unfair or lazy but over several years on these boards I have found that it is true 99% of the time. So I have found that rather than assuming that Vike fans on Packer boards are there to actually be cool and discuss things, the contrary is a much safer bet and wastes much less of my time. So my apologies to you if I blasted you a few times. You actually do seem legit which is saying that you are pretty much the exception to the rule. I'm sure you do get a kick out of playing Devil's advocate once in a while but that is the complete MO of most that come to Packer boards as rival fans.

Again, I don't understand for a minute why someone would want to hang out on a rival teams' board, but whatever. Live and let live... It is unfortunate that so many others make it rough on those who really want to discuss and not just troll. Just the way it is...

BTW, this still holds true... :viksux:
No problem. I see way to many fans of other teams come to boards and just start throwing crap around. And if you notice, when a Viking fan comes here and does it I make it known that I don't like it. Over on one of my Viking boards the mods had to change the rules for the Saints fans. Only about 3 of them made it through the whole week without being banned. Most fans that are trolls will eventually get themselves booted for one reason or another. Some actually take pride in it and go back to their own board bragging about it. Personally I don't see a need for trolling. But that's just me.

Oh yeah, :chisux:

Latest posts