This Forum Is Awesome

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the folks at the Surly Brewery pretty well. Last year they made a beer called Dumpster Fire after, well, an unplanned fire in their dumpster. It had a great smoky flavor and some kind of a spice that made it hot. I can't explain it well, but I drank several of them to try to unravel the mystery.
That's always a good excuse to get drunk! LOL
"Why is beer wet? Hmmmm..... I think I better drink a few to try to solve this one."

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leinie's Canoe Paddler is a good one. :tup:

I totally get people have different taste but I'm just not feeling the fruit beers.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I know the folks at the Surly Brewery pretty well. Last year they made a beer called Dumpster Fire after, well, an unplanned fire in their dumpster. It had a great smoky flavor and some kind of a spice that made it hot. I can't explain it well, but I drank several of them to try to unravel the mystery.

Purely for research. I can respect that. For science.

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After many years of reading this forum - I finally joined. I look forward to meeting many of you and cheering on our Packers!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leinie's Canoe Paddler is a good one. :tup:

I totally get people have different taste but I'm just not feeling the fruit beers.
Had a Thomad Kemper blueberry in Seattle about 20 years ago. A fine pilsner with only a slight hint of blueberry. Loved it! have tried every blueberry beer since and always way to fruity. Same with all other fruit beers. Redds Apple? Its a fricken wine cooler! The Thomas Kemper Told me it can be done, but a good fruit (or berry) beer is rare indeed.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The spice was probably burnt rat hair or something from the dumpster. :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the wheat beers such as Shock Top. They have a nice sweet taste to them for me.

I think my most favorite one of all or if I could choose only one on a deserted island it would be Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve.
I was excited when it came to Madison but now it looks like it's gone again.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
No need to dwell on this thread's counterpart, so I'll state some reasons why I think this forum is awesome:

• Lot's of knowledgeable fans
  • Some fans with credited / uncredited inside sources
  • Generally a positive attitude
  • A wide range of topics
  • The moderators are pretty engaged and lenient
No, I don't know any of the mods and don't get free anything for saying nice things. I'll just point out that if people have ideas or theories that are opposite to the conventional wisdom of the site, those views are accepted and discussed. However, those views do get criticized when combined with claims that the leadership or coaches are all terrible. It never passes the sniff test and will catch some heat.

There are some really good discussions about a good amount of topics related to the Packers. Feel free to rock the boat, as that can always lead to good discourse. Just don't rock it so hard that you get thrown into the water with the sharks!
I don't know. Rumor has it that the owner of this forum works for the NSA.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I like the wheat beers such as Shock Top. They have a nice sweet taste to them for me.

I think my most favorite one of all or if I could choose only one on a deserted island it would be Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve.
I was excited when it came to Madison but now it looks like it's gone again.
Are you a female?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Interesting forum. Like any forum, certain amount of trolling, but not bad. It is funny to me though how many of the younger fans have grown up following since the early 90's and have become somewhat spoiled by our team's continued success. Any season not ending with a SB win is failure.

I live in San Diego and the fans here envy us for our long run of playoffs and winning seasons. They don't realize what it was like to be a Packer fan in the 70's and much of the 80's. Pretty much like being a 80 year old Lion fan.

The Charger fans are still living off of an early 60's AFL Championship and whatever glory they thought would come when Seau and Tila Tequila's ex boyfriend played here.

This is a good forum to read, post occasionally and get some good updates. I don't think our GM and HC are perfect, but they have done a fine job keeping us in the mix year after year despite constant low round draft picks.

As to Terre Haute, I listened to Romey in the late 80's/early 90's when he and the xr4ti crew were late night here on local 'The Mighty 690". I still listen a few times a week and occasionally hear some of the old timers call in. The funniest for me though was when he had Jim Everett on his TV show and the table got thrown over. I thought Rome was toast.

All in all, I enjoy most of you guys (and maybe a couple of gals?) on here. And a belated congrats to our English friend, BB on making mod.

GPG!!!

From San Diego, road home of the Green Bay Packers.
He's not English, he's British!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
No offense. Sometimes it's hard to tell one's gender on here.
I'm guessing you're a dude and if you are then I don't really care to see you totally naked next summer or at all for that matter.
But he did mention he wanted his daughter to get Totally Naked. That is something that perks more than my interest.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The true success of a internet forumm is decided by the number of female fans posting there. :lol:

So how successful is this forum?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
From praise for the Packer Forum to beer. Sounds right to me LOL!

There are many Packers sites out there but this one is the only one I'm a member of. It's because the cats here are so knowledgable about......... beer! LOL :)

Members online

Latest posts