This Forum Is Awesome

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You're right. I deserve to treated better than just a Budweiser pal. It might be in lieu of my lack of content that got me there. I'll try harder :tup:

Try Guinness stout and be a *real* man. Or, if you have a cast iron stomach and tastebuds to match, you could go real Wisconsin and drink Leinenkugel! :sick:

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're hitting a sore spot here. Why, beyond your own personal preference, is an American Lager inferior to a Stout?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You're hitting a sore spot here. Why, beyond your own personal preference, is an American Lager inferior to a Stout?

:laugh: Because I like stouts and God made Guinness! When I was in Germany, my German friends had an insult for a bad beer. They called it "Millerized". But my German friends liked America's oldest lager; Yuengling. ;)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three points to make:

1. This site is great also because threads always stay on topic.
2. My favorite beer is Spaten - direct from Munich.
3. And finally, this site is great because I am allowed to exercise my sarcasmic wit

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a beer snob. I'll take Miller, Hamm's, Old Style over all that hoity-toity hipster micro brew crap any day.
(I will admit that Spotted Cow is good but damn is it expensive! There should be a law that a six pack cannot be more than a dollar a beer.)
They even make beer out of blueberries! Blueberries for cripes sakes! That can no longer be called a beer. It is a crappy wussy foo-foo drink for wimps and girly boys is what that is!
Give me a beer, anything but Bud, that tastes like, well, beer.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
This forum is great, we usually get a lot of compliments, we let Raptorman be a Vikings fan without too many people sounding off at him to shut up, and well I think our mods do a great job of stopping true trolls.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm not a beer snob. I'll take Miller, Hamm's, Old Style over all that hoity-toity hipster micro brew crap any day.
(I will admit that Spotted Cow is good but damn is it expensive! There should be a law that a six pack cannot be more than a dollar a beer.)
They even make beer out of blueberries! Blueberries for cripes sakes! That can no longer be called a beer. It is a crappy wussy foo-foo drink for wimps and girly boys is what that is!

You ARE a beer snob. Nothing wrong with fruit beers :D. I wouldn`t drink them often but Belgian cherry beer is a strong strong tasty beer.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You ARE a beer snob. Nothing wrong with fruit beers :D. I wouldn`t drink them often but Belgian cherry beer is a strong strong tasty beer.
Was thinking of mentioning New Glarus Belgium Cherry but I'm having trouble finding it and its sooooooo good. Damn I'll be back.....

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miller High Life is my base beer but like you I'll drink any real beer but Budweiser.
I do like New Glarus's Totally Naked but I can't get it in Michigan. It must be seasonal though because I placed an order with my daughter who went to Green Bay last weekend and she said they didn't have any at Woodman's where I usually get it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Miller High Life is my base beer but like you I'll drink any real beer but Budweiser.
I do like New Glarus's Totally Naked but I can't get it in Michigan. It must be seasonal though because I placed an order with my daughter who went to Green Bay last weekend and she said they didn't have any at Woodman's where I usually get it.

Woodmans didnt have a new Glarus? Odd, they have a huge variety

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was thinking of mentioning New Glarus Belgium Cherry but I'm having trouble finding it and its sooooooo good. Damn I'll be back.....
Ok ok. You guys got me there.
Yeah, New Glarus Cherry is good beer and I do get the one with the taste of lemon in it. (Probably just chemicals and not any real lemon juice in it.)
But that's it!
(Cries into his "real man's beer" quietly in a dark corner where no one will see.)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Had to look it up
http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/index.cfm/beers/ourbeers/beercategory/seasonal-beers
and yeah Totally naked is seasonal. I would not guess that.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The greatest old forum was the Green Bay News Chronicle's: there were no rules, no mods, and no bannings. yeah, it got wild at times, but most of it was funny stuff and there was always the ignore option--which is the greatest of all moderators. People go away if they're being ignored and no one is replying to their nonsense. But this forum is by far the best of the rest.
I don't have anyone on ignore. Not sure I could find out how since I only come to this forum on my phone. Lots of excellent insight and in-depth info here and I greatly appreciate that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have anyone on ignore. Not sure I could find out how since I only come to this forum on my phone. Lots of excellent insight and in-depth info here and I greatly appreciate that.

right under the message count on a posters avatar..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The fruity beers have their place. Most are really tasty but I would not be able to drink 6-7 of them in a row. But on a hot afternoon after cutting the grass, the right one goes down oh so well. I prefer Liennies, only down here in FL we only get the specialty beers they make. So that's what is in my fridge. One of the best beers I ever had was a beer from CA that had been "smoked". It had a smoke taste to it that was just right. Haven't seen it or heard of it in 20 years though.

Bud is not beer. Its fermented rice water.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the folks at the Surly Brewery pretty well. Last year they made a beer called Dumpster Fire after, well, an unplanned fire in their dumpster. It had a great smoky flavor and some kind of a spice that made it hot. I can't explain it well, but I drank several of them to try to unravel the mystery.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
A thread about what makes this forum good evolves into a brewery tasting room. That won't hurt its popularity.

We even have a thread on beer in this forum. It's under "All Other Sports". The thread is titled; "The Beer Sport". LOL

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the folks at the Surly Brewery pretty well. Last year they made a beer called Dumpster Fire after, well, an unplanned fire in their dumpster. It had a great smoky flavor and some kind of a spice that made it hot. I can't explain it well, but I drank several of them to try to unravel the mystery.
I want some.
Where can I get it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for that information.
I guess I have to wait until next summer to get Totally Naked.
No offense. Sometimes it's hard to tell one's gender on here.
I'm guessing you're a dude and if you are then I don't really care to see you totally naked next summer or at all for that matter.

Members online

Latest posts