This Forum Is Awesome

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to dwell on this thread's counterpart, so I'll state some reasons why I think this forum is awesome:

• Lot's of knowledgeable fans
  • Some fans with credited / uncredited inside sources
  • Generally a positive attitude
  • A wide range of topics
  • The moderators are pretty engaged and lenient
No, I don't know any of the mods and don't get free anything for saying nice things. I'll just point out that if people have ideas or theories that are opposite to the conventional wisdom of the site, those views are accepted and discussed. However, those views do get criticized when combined with claims that the leadership or coaches are all terrible. It never passes the sniff test and will catch some heat.

There are some really good discussions about a good amount of topics related to the Packers. Feel free to rock the boat, as that can always lead to good discourse. Just don't rock it so hard that you get thrown into the water with the sharks!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.
I see more positive than negative on here.
And if anyone does get negative I think it's usually from them starting something in the first place that gets carried away.
Like if I was going nuts and putting down Rodgers like crazy and then someone calls me an idiot or claims that I'm being a Negative Nancy and then I would respond and call that person a jerk etc, etc.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks this forum is bad must not internet much.

The old forum that was part of jsonline was insane. Some guy who ran an anti TT site was on there and it became a daily war of words and insults going on between Favre-ists and Rodgers backers. It even got to the point where someone found out the guy's address and posted it along with a google map photo of his house and implied that something bad might happen.

I think jsonline just eventually pulled the plug on the whole fiasco.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
there is another forum that accepts our castoffs..

I call it our Viking counterpart

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The old forum that was part of jsonline was insane. Some guy who ran an anti TT site was on there and it became a daily war of words and insults going on between Favre-ists and Rodgers backers. It even got to the point where someone found out the guy's address and posted it along with a google map photo of his house and implied that something bad might happen.

Ah yes.
The good ol' days.
LOL

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was that the site where someone was calling TT the polar bear? He was anti polar bear haha

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

The first JSO forum was my first foray into internet fan forums... '96..'97..??? ...yeah...that turned into a cesspool real fast...they had their youngest reporters as rotating mods...poor kids. I believe the final straw there was a photo of the Tin Man getting lubricated by Dorothy.

Another oldie but goodie was the forum on Jim Rome's "The Jungle". Had a lot of fun there. :)

This place is a fantasic site.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes.
The good ol' days.
LOL
Actually I don't know of any other Packers sites to compare it to.
I just felt like writing that.

But I was part of one where I got banned from just asking about certain members and why they were banned.

Yeah. This forum is great.

Reaction score
The first JSO forum was my first foray into internet fan forums... '96..'97..??? ...yeah...that turned into a cesspool real fast...they had their youngest reporters as rotating mods...poor kids. I believe the final straw there was a photo of the Tin Man getting lubricated by Dorothy.

Another oldie but goodie was the forum on Jim Rome's "The Jungle". Had a lot of fun there. :)

This place is a fantasic site.

Ah, weeds......thanks for the "reset" of Rome's Jungle. Never missed a day listening to it. He may be the most arrogant obnoxious annoying sports mouthpiece in the world and many sports personalities would probably not p*** on him if he was running down the street on fire, but I surely enjoyed his radio show. The "clones" were priceless!
"Smack Offs"..... "late, rack him." Got a lot of laughs out of that show, too. "30 pieces of silver".....I'm out!:cool:

I haven't visited other Packer forums before joining this one. I clicked on this link, been here for 4 years and have no desire to search for another forum. I don't post regularly or often, especially in the off season, but I thoroughly enjoy checking in everyday and reading the input of knowledgeable die hard Packer fans as well as appreciating the info the site displays. Living in Indiana, naturally, I am force fed a daily diet of the Indy Colts so this forum provides inside injury info, etc., that I would otherwise, not be kept up to date with. Good forum.....good fans on here! Hope to one day get up to Lambeau to see a game and possibly get the opportunity to meet some of people here on the forum:tup:

Reaction score
And if anyone does get negative I think it's usually from them starting something in the first place that gets carried away.
Are you crazy???? It's people like you that bring this forum down. How dare you have an opinion? I'm done with this forum anyways.

Bye guys.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting forum. Like any forum, certain amount of trolling, but not bad. It is funny to me though how many of the younger fans have grown up following since the early 90's and have become somewhat spoiled by our team's continued success. Any season not ending with a SB win is failure.

I live in San Diego and the fans here envy us for our long run of playoffs and winning seasons. They don't realize what it was like to be a Packer fan in the 70's and much of the 80's. Pretty much like being a 80 year old Lion fan.

The Charger fans are still living off of an early 60's AFL Championship and whatever glory they thought would come when Seau and Tila Tequila's ex boyfriend played here.

This is a good forum to read, post occasionally and get some good updates. I don't think our GM and HC are perfect, but they have done a fine job keeping us in the mix year after year despite constant low round draft picks.

As to Terre Haute, I listened to Romey in the late 80's/early 90's when he and the xr4ti crew were late night here on local 'The Mighty 690". I still listen a few times a week and occasionally hear some of the old timers call in. The funniest for me though was when he had Jim Everett on his TV show and the table got thrown over. I thought Rome was toast.

All in all, I enjoy most of you guys (and maybe a couple of gals?) on here. And a belated congrats to our English friend, BB on making mod.

GPG!!!

From San Diego, road home of the Green Bay Packers.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to dwell on this thread's counterpart, so I'll state some reasons why I think this forum is awesome:

• Lot's of knowledgeable fans
  • Some fans with credited / uncredited inside sources
  • Generally a positive attitude
  • A wide range of topics
  • The moderators are pretty engaged and lenient
No, I don't know any of the mods and don't get free anything for saying nice things. I'll just point out that if people have ideas or theories that are opposite to the conventional wisdom of the site, those views are accepted and discussed. However, those views do get criticized when combined with claims that the leadership or coaches are all terrible. It never passes the sniff test and will catch some heat.

There are some really good discussions about a good amount of topics related to the Packers. Feel free to rock the boat, as that can always lead to good discourse. Just don't rock it so hard that you get thrown into the water with the sharks!

El Guapo,

Relax.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think the other great thing about this site is the fact that all the moderators are trained ninjas and if you cause any trouble.....we kill you, and the body is buried in the woods ;)

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre and Terre Haute reminded me of why I came here. I've been on fishing and outdoor forums, vehicle forums, snowmobile forums, and boat forums for years. At some point I thought, 'Why am I not on a Packers forum?' I did a quick google search and clicked on this one first. Like love at first sight, I knew that this was the one for me. The difference between well-run forums and others is pretty easy to see.

Thanks everyone (mods and members) for making this a fun place to visit and share thoughts.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The greatest old forum was the Green Bay News Chronicle's: there were no rules, no mods, and no bannings. yeah, it got wild at times, but most of it was funny stuff and there was always the ignore option--which is the greatest of all moderators. People go away if they're being ignored and no one is replying to their nonsense. But this forum is by far the best of the rest.

Reaction score
Forget Favre and Terre Haute reminded me of why I came here. I've been on fishing and outdoor forums, vehicle forums, snowmobile forums, and boat forums for years. At some point I thought, 'Why am I not on a Packers forum?' I did a quick google search and clicked on this one first. Like love at first sight, I knew that this was the one for me. The difference between well-run forums and others is pretty easy to see.

Thanks everyone (mods and members) for making this a fun place to visit and share thoughts.
Love at first sight? Chuckling. Thank you for that laugh.

Members online

Latest posts