Things I stand by as a Packers fan

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are 5 things I stand by
1. McCarthy had to go he was stale and his ego was too much(I wanted McCarthy gone after the 2014 debacle, Capers I wanted gone in 2012, and Thompson gone in 2012)
2. Rodgers is not passive aggressive and if he is so what? These are grown men not children
3. Rodgers has carried us for years with no help and kept his mouth shut but as soon as he gets tired of losing and starts to speak up people call him a diva and passive aggressive
4. Lafleur and Gute's jobs are tied to this draft of Love is a bust both of them are gone
5. I feel the Packers organization was the worse place to go for Rodgers they have not supported him like ANY other team would have and of he was somewhere else he would have multiple rings by now! They have wasted this man's career

In conclusion I love my Packers but they have coasted by on his talent for far too long as it seems the organization is content to just be a playoff team. Personally I don't care just about the playoffs I want rings!

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All those years with all those J receivers, Jennings, Jordy, Jones and Driver and Cobb, show how little talent they gave him.

As for number 2, is he or isn’t he? Is he a grown man?

Love makes or breaks them? Last year was pretty good. Are they done if Love doesn’t take Rodgers place in the next two years?

Something just fell on my head, is it the sky? No, it was a leaf.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All those years with all those J receivers, Jennings, Jordy, Jones and Driver and Cobb, show how little talent they gave him.

Love makes or breaks them? Last year was pretty good. Are they done if Love doesn’t take Rodgers place in the next two years?

GB has had two top 10 defenses while spending no 1st round picks on skill positions while Rodgers was on the team. That's help?

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. McCarthy had to go he was stale and his ego was too much(I wanted McCarthy gone after the 2014 debacle, Capers I wanted gone in 2012, and Thompson gone in 2012)
2. Rodgers is not passive aggressive and if he is so what? These are grown men not children
3. Rodgers has carried us for years with no help and kept his mouth shut but as soon as he gets tired of losing and starts to speak up people call him a diva and passive aggressive
4. Lafleur and Gute's jobs are tied to this draft of Love is a bust both of them are gone
5. I feel the Packers organization was the worse place to go for Rodgers they have not supported him like ANY other team would have and of he was somewhere else he would have multiple rings by now! They have wasted this man's career

In conclusion I love my Packers but they have coasted by on his talent for far too long as it seems the organization is content to just be a playoff team. Personally I don't care just about the playoffs I want rings!
Allot of truth here but in the early years AR had allot of significant weapons...it was usually the defense that let us down, many years of more than normal injuries, and there was that team in Boston that was rather pesky.
He is a diva and has become more so in the past few years. Winning SuperBowls are hard.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allot of truth here but in the early years AR had allot of significant weapons...it was usually the defense that let us down, many years of more than normal injuries, and there was that team in Boston that was rather pesky.
He is a diva and has become more so in the past few years. Winning SuperBowls are hard.
He's been nothing from professional and gracious during his entire time here. You guys really don't deserve great players. Yeah they get upset during the heat of the moment, because they want to win for the damn team that you are a fan of.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been a great QB for a LONG time. I am proud to say he was OUR QB and greatness is not always measured by rings. There are many teams who would trade the last 15 seasons with us and our record!!! I am sure that they made the right choice to make sure we can have have another 15+ more great seasons. Rodgers will be ready to help Love and make sure of that as he is a true Packers Fan and one of the best to ever play for Green Bay.

GO PACK GO!!!!!

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been a great QB for a LONG time. I am proud to say he was OUR QB and greatness is not always measured by rings. There are many teams who would trade the last 15 seasons with us and our record!!! I am sure that they made the right choice to make sure we can have have another 15+ more great seasons. Rodgers will be ready to help Love and make sure of that as he is a true Packers Fan and one of the best to ever play for Green Bay.

GO PACK GO!!!!!
All Packer fans have been pretty spoiled over the past 25 years with the QB and overall teams we've had.... most franchises would take our place in a second.
That has allot to do about why we are more critical and impatient than most fan bases....curse of success

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB has had two top 10 defenses while spending no 1st round picks on skill positions while Rodgers was on the team. That's help?

The discussion about 3: Rodgers carried us with NO help and 5: Rodgers went to the worst place, any other team would have supported him better?

And your argument is not that he had a plethora of weapons, but none of them were first round picks? Most years he had great receivers. Mostly among the best groups in the league. If you think that he didn’t get support, I am lost.

Yeah, I get it would have been great to get a Julio Jones, but so many teams try to do that. Detroit under Millan did that for years with their first round picks. Didn’t work. Rodgers, Williams, Williams... in 3 consecutive years, all following Harrington at QB. Ok, being honest here, I am now done with work, a little buzzed and not sure if I am arguing for me or against me. But I think I am batting .500 Ha.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The discussion about 3: Rodgers carried us with NO help and 5: Rodgers went to the worst place, any other team would have supported him better?

And your argument is not that he had a plethora of weapons, but none of them were first round picks? Most years he had great receivers. Mostly among the best groups in the league. If you think that he didn’t get support, I am lost.

Yeah, I get it would have been great to get a Julio Jones, but so many teams try to do that. Detroit under Millan did that for years with their first round picks. Didn’t work. Rodgers, Williams, Williams... in 3 consecutive years, all following Harrington at QB. Ok, being honest here, I am now done with work, a little buzzed and not sure if I am arguing for me or against me. But I think I am batting .500 Ha.
You did well.... bottoms up

OP
OP
T

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No they are done if we suck because of their decisions and Love is a bust

And you mention all of those recievers but if you remember in those years our defense was horrible and we had no running game and Ted Thompson did nothing in free agency to help our defense

I don't know if you correctly remember those years when the fan base was begging the front office to pick up free agents

And watch out for your head those falling leaves are heavy!

OP
OP
T

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the comment but I can't agree with your statement totally. Rodgers didn't have help in those early years he made those players better not the other way around but you are correct about our defense being horrible and the fact that the Packers haven't drafted and offensive skill player in the first round in 15 years is very telling and borderline (at best) malfeasance! Think about that for a moment a normal person would think okay I have an all time great future HOF qb starting for me I need to get him some help some I'll get him a reciever I'm the first round! But *** we all know the Packers Front office is not normal

OP
OP
T

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of those "great" recievers we had we picked in the second round or later so obviously when they were drafted we had no idea they would work out and it could be argued we should have gotten a WR in the first round those years. Recievers like Jordy turned out to be great but look at where we drafted him. We drafted him just to be a roster body not to start. So to answer no that doesn't count as help for Rodgers you draft immediate help in the first two rounds. Help also comes in the form of free agents and trades which the fan base was begging Ted Thompson to tap into but very rarely ever did. That why when we got peppers people were happy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone ever needed proof that people see exactly what they want to see ^^^^^^^ there's a prime example LOL

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1.) I'll agree on this, but Ted was doing nothing with the roster, we should've had won at least 3 rings under McCarthy

2.) Rodgers is a cryin' *** baby who has never been bowed up to in his life, and the first person who does it will find out how quickly he curls up in the fetal position

3.) Rodgers needs to lead in some way shape or form that isn't divisive, nothing else...don't care what he's carried...he's cried about 'the team' needing to do things when he should be their leader, or has been there leader doing those messed up things.

4.) Agree

5.) Where would you have liked your quarterback to play? What team would you liked to have rooted for? When you figure this out please go root for them

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All Packer fans have been pretty spoiled over the past 25 years with the QB and overall teams we've had.... most franchises would take our place in a second.
That has allot to do about why we are more critical and impatient than most fan bases....curse of success
Green Bay has the most patient and least critical fans in the league. That's kind of why the organization is at liberty to take this slow, long-term team building approach. Because the fans are going to fill the stands, fill the opponent's stands, D be happy just by making to the playoffs each year. No doubt that's better than what most fans are used to, but they don't have and have never had a QB as good as GB's last two. They'd be banging their heads against the wall and holding pitchforks if their teams operated the way this one does while they have basically had a SB window for the past 30 years.

Reaction score

Same goes for Favre.
Remember the year Favre approached Ted T. and wanted him to get Randy Moss on the team?
Sure Favre played his own style and hard to coach, but was wasted as a Packer.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers did a great job supporting him early in his career and then stopped doing so as his game started to decline from his peak. As he has needed more help to continue to be elite, he has gotten less.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay has the most patient and least critical fans in the league. That's kind of why the organization is at liberty to take this slow, long-term team building approach. Because the fans are going to fill the stands, fill the opponent's stands, D be happy just by making to the playoffs each year. No doubt that's better than what most fans are used to, but they don't have and have never had a QB as good as GB's last two. They'd be banging their heads against the wall and holding pitchforks if their teams operated the way this one does while they have basically had a SB window for the past 30 years.

Packers have had the longest run of elite QB play in the NFL for the last 3 decades; they've been to 3 Super Bowls and won 2. That's not really excellent when you look at a place like Pittsburgh which has matched the wins but been to more Super Bowls or Baltimore which has won as many Super Bowls in that time. The Packers have been fun and exciting but there's not really a lot to support the argument that they have maximized a 28 year-window of great QB play.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have had the longest run of elite QB play in the NFL for the last 3 decades; they've been to 3 Super Bowls and won 2. That's not really excellent when you look at a place like Pittsburgh which has matched the wins but been to more Super Bowls or Baltimore which has won as many Super Bowls in that time. The Packers have been fun and exciting but there's not really a lot to support the argument that they have maximized a 28 year-window of great QB play.
Those two teams are good examples. They build through the draft and don't go crazy in FA and have sustained success. But they never ignore current needs or jeopardize their super bowl window for the sake of 10-15 years from now, which sounds ridiculous but what GB is selling. They should have slowly and consistently built for the future and focused more of their efforts on filling in the missing pieces now. But they are aggressively making the statement that they are changing the identity of the team into one in which we are several years from achieving , and stuck a fork into next season by ignoring the issues which kept us from the SB. Packers gonna Pack. We aren't one player away, but we're sure to always be several players away with the way that they operate.

Members online

Latest posts