The return of the SuperStarks

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was against a bad Redskins defense so i don't know about this one. Now had he done that week 1 against San fran?? i may be a little more less of a skeptic. He's guaranteed to get hurt at some point so hopefully Lacy can be the man.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks had a great preseason and has looked good so far. I don't get why people jump so quickly onto the injury bandwagon. Some players go through bouts of this stuff but it doesn't equate to having a glass jaw. If he gets hurt this season, feel free to get your I-told-you-so's in but I'm not buying into it.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Because Starks was never "super" to begin with and he has always came up lame with injury. There is always a reason for him to be riding the pine. I know people are different and durability is different among people, but DAMN....guys like M. Lynch are typically solid and get the brunt of a heavy work load are basically injury free, then therte is starks who comes up lame with minor contact or some turf toe junk. I could see it if he was a 25-30 carry per game RB, but he is hardly that. Besides, most Packer fans ride his nuts because of the one good game he had back in 2010......I still think he is a junk RB who just happens to have a lucky day every now and again. Glad he did well last sunday, but I really wanted to see Lacy run all over the skins and we all know he would have due to the size holes that they gave us.

12theTruth

Because Starks was never "super" to begin with and he has always came up lame with injury. There is always a reason for him to be riding the pine. I know people are different and durability is different among people, but DAMN....guys like M. Lynch are typically solid and get the brunt of a heavy work load are basically injury free, then therte is starks who comes up lame with minor contact or some turf toe junk. I could see it if he was a 25-30 carry per game RB, but he is hardly that. Besides, most Packer fans ride his nuts because of the one good game he had back in 2010......I still think he is a junk RB who just happens to have a lucky day every now and again. Glad he did well last sunday, but I really wanted to see Lacy run all over the skins and we all know he would have due to the size holes that they gave us.

Yep, Lacy would have had 180 and a couple TD's. Heck, his first and only run was 10 yards!

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While many of Starks runs were through massive holes against a weak defense it did seem like he was running with more authority, attacking the line whether there was a hole or not and trying to get the extra yards once he met contact. This is something we really haven't seen in a couple years by any of our runningbacks. So while I hope Lacy can go this week because he ultimately is our better option, I don't think you should be taking away from what was a very good performance by Starks this past week.

Reaction score
I don't think he was saying Starks was in the wrong. There was a debate as to exactly what happened and easyk83 was explaining what happened. Check post 16.
Yeah, I missed his other post... I only read the one that he quoted me on and I misinterpreted!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he was saying Starks was in the wrong. There was a debate as to exactly what happened and easyk83 was explaining what happened. Check post 16.[/quote]

Exactly, I thought Starks' walk back to the huddle was very... alpha male. Now if the injured player hadn't done anything wrong I might have condemned Starks for thuggery, but given how Meriweather led with his head on Starks and did so against Lacy I applauded Starks.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks runs too upright and that's anathema for a running back. That's why he get's hurt. But cudos to him on Sunday.

Starks isn't getting dinged up inbetween games because of his upright running style.

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks' problem is durability, not talent.

He's averaging 4.2 YPC for his career -- same as Marshawn Lynch -- behind some pretty shaky run-blocking.

He just can't stay healthy. Which is a problem, of course.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Same for ****erson, Peterson, Robert Smith, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, Eddie George, Marcus Allen, Roger Craig, Paul Hornung and tons of other guys. It's just a running style. Downhill runners get dinged too.
Especially those who run too upright.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James we hardly knew ye. But that's always the case it seems.

Didn't take long this time... wish they would have kept Alex Green who at least brought some ability in the passing game. On the bright side Franklin looked liked a genuine playmaker out there, even looked alright blocking on third down. I'm looking forward to the Lacy/Franklin combination.

12theTruth

SuperStarks is BACK! ............... on the injury report :oops:

Poor guy just can't stay healthy.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperStarks is BACK! ............... on the injury report :oops:

Poor guy just can't stay healthy.

Never could, always seemed to get dinged up in practice. The question, is he legit hurt or his he a guy who benches himself every time he gets a minor ding. Either way I don't think you can justify keeping a roster spot for him even if he does look exceptional at times.

Members online

Latest posts