1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the price of working out

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    that is really shocking....I had no idea!:confused:

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    This isn't news to me. Maybe I'm in the minority... I'd like to see comparisons with how much money GB has to commit to workout bonuses versus how much the Jets, Giants, Bears, etc commit to workout bonuses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    IMO bozz_2006 brings up the important point. Not only the comparison regarding workout bonuses but the comparison of the Packers' total compensation to equally valued players vs. the rest of the league. IOW, do the Packers compensate players about the same as other teams but include higher workout bonuses in that compensation? I don't think this is a big deal one way or another but that would be an interesting story.

5. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Not surprising at all. The is a game but on the back end this is huge business for both owners and players. If they can get a little extra $$$ for working out, go for it. ;) And plus it is just an incentive for everyone to be in top shape when the real deal starts...

6. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Hey, it's a business. These are voluntary workouts. Just part of the CBA and agents negotiating the best deal for their clients.