The Packers have my endorsement for the Giants game.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
coincidence that ur QB had an off day vs us though right? Nothing to do wtih the pressure we were getting on him?

It was actually one of his top 3 performing days though actually, so it wans't even an off day
At the time it was his lowest QBR of 106.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is that Rodgers has set such an amazingly high bar, that an off day for him appears to still be a great day.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually just because we're here talking doesn't mean we're trash talking. I know a few of those dudes that are here and they are just here to talk about the game.

theres alot of butt hurt pack fans here though actually. Masked fear with fake confidence of guaranteeing this game is done. Everybody knows this game is going down to the wire and we are your biggest threat. Keep quoting stats from the firs 3/4 of the season (like it means anything). We're bringing the heat to lambo - just like we did in 07

The trash talking is on now

Lambeau. At least have some respect for NFL history.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the support, Cowboy! This probably has more to do with a division rival. The Cowboys are programed to hate the Giants just as the Packers are programed to hate the Vikings. Vikings fans are probably rooting for the Cowboys.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show me that Rodgers had an "off-day" that wasn't due to the pressure he was facing and I'll show you someone with their head in the clouds.

We have been having O-Line problems, especially late in the season. Injuries and shuffling around offensive guards and tackles gave us quite a scare. That's not all on Rodgers, although he wasn't his usual elite self. Hopefully, with those problems fixed, we'll be able to give Rodgers the pocket and pass protection he needs to deliver the ball to his receiving corps. This is one area that I was intensely worried about and the one thing that I thought could cost us the repeat.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the support, Cowboy! This probably has more to do with a division rival. The Cowboys are programed to hate the Giants just as the Packers are programed to hate the Vikings. Vikings fans are probably rooting for the Cowboys.

haha i went to Minny in 09 to see the Giants, it was the year they had farve i was breaking their chops the hwole time. It was a dead game, week 17 for us we were out of playoffs and got wrecked. I just kept saying to them how they sold their soul for Farve

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Why does nobody respect the fact that the Giants defense has tightened up? You do also realize that the first game was completely stolen from the Giants, right? Now we're healthy and it should be another good game. Half of the fans on here are running around acting like this is going to be no contest which is completely off base. We can score at the same rate as your offense. Our defense gives us a better chance than yours.
That's an honest question, I'll answer as best I can.

There were definitely bad calls in the first game which if called right would have changed the dynamics of the game.

Sure your defense has gotten better, but I'm not 100% convinced that strong showings against two bad teams, (Jets/Cowboys) and a poor performance by arguably the weakest playoff team for the NFC (Falcons) is the "ready for the Super Bowl" performance you guys make it out to be. Prior to the first Cowboys game you were on a four game losing streak; you made up for it with a win in Dallas, (great job BTW, always a pleasure when they lose), then got humiliated by Rex Grossman. Somehow I don't see beating a bad Jets team and a dreadful Cowboys team to finish 9-7 to be as great an accomplishment as you guys do is all.

However I'll readily admit I don't follow your team, so what's changed on the defense between the Washington game and now, and other than the "hunger/momentum" argument, (not saying there's not something to that), what changes have been made to suddenly make this team ready for a Super Bowl run? (I don't follow every thread so if this has been answered already let me know).

As for me I agree with Amish, you guys kept pace with us in your house, I don't believe your offense will be doing the same in our house. I believe with all our starters back on offense and defense the game will be much different. It will be a shootout IMHO, but in the end your only chance of winning is to hope your front four can get the penetration it needs to pressure Aaron consistently enough, preferably before he's able to dump the ball off.

I think our O-Line will have what it takes to not let that happen and against your weak secondary I believe Rodgers is going to have a field day.

Could be wrong of course but that's why they play the game.

More than anything though I'm just thoroughly pumped for the game...is it Sunday yet?

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
haha i went to Minny in 09 to see the Giants, it was the year they had farve i was breaking their chops the hwole time. It was a dead game, week 17 for us we were out of playoffs and got wrecked. I just kept saying to them how they sold their soul for Farve
Giving Childress (then later Frasier) GM style authority was their biggest mistake. Chilly was slowly sinking and sold his soul for Farve which wasn't bad in 2009, but he should have cut his losses in 2010 and Farve/Moss were his death knell.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL, you will get no argument out of me on that one.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have been having O-Line problems, especially late in the season. Injuries and shuffling around offensive guards and tackles gave us quite a scare. That's not all on Rodgers, although he wasn't his usual elite self. Hopefully, with those problems fixed, we'll be able to give Rodgers the pocket and pass protection he needs to deliver the ball to his receiving corps. This is one area that I was intensely worried about and the one thing that I thought could cost us the repeat.
I understand that you were banged up up front, you were missing your LT and one of your guards against us in the first game. I'm just saying Rodgers was affected by the pressure a little bit hence his slight drop in numbers. Our big problem week 13 I believe (too lazy to look it up lol) was third down defense. We just could not get off of the field. Hopefully with a healthy Tuck and the return of Osi we can hurry Rodgers just a little bit more and see his accuracy affected a little more.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an honest question, I'll answer as best I can.

There were definitely bad calls in the first game which if called right would have changed the dynamics of the game.

Sure your defense has gotten better, but I'm not 100% convinced that strong showings against two bad teams, (Jets/Cowboys) and a poor performance by arguably the weakest playoff team for the NFC (Falcons) is the "ready for the Super Bowl" performance you guys make it out to be. Prior to the first Cowboys game you were on a four game losing streak; you made up for it with a win in Dallas, (great job BTW, always a pleasure when they lose), then got humiliated by Rex Grossman. Somehow I don't see beating a bad Jets team and a dreadful Cowboys team to finish 9-7 to be as great an accomplishment as you guys do is all.

However I'll readily admit I don't follow your team, so what's changed on the defense between the Washington game and now, and other than the "hunger/momentum" argument, (not saying there's not something to that), what changes have been made to suddenly make this team ready for a Super Bowl run? (I don't follow every thread so if this has been answered already let me know).

As for me I agree with Amish, you guys kept pace with us in your house, I don't believe your offense will be doing the same in our house. I believe with all our starters back on offense and defense the game will be much different. It will be a shootout IMHO, but in the end your only chance of winning is to hope your front four can get the penetration it needs to pressure Aaron consistently enough, preferably before he's able to dump the ball off.

I think our O-Line will have what it takes to not let that happen and against your weak secondary I believe Rodgers is going to have a field day.

Could be wrong of course but that's why they play the game.

More than anything though I'm just thoroughly pumped for the game...is it Sunday yet?
I wouldn't call them ready for the Super Bowl performances, but they did look like the best defense the played on Wild Card weekend. The Redskins losses are impossible for me to explain because I don't even know what the hell happened. Our OC makes a lot of questionable calls that leave even the newest fans scratching their heads.
The past few years the Giants have been know for playing to the level of their opponents ie) going to NE and beating them, losing to SEA at home. To be honest, I don't know what's up with them haha it just seems to be the way they operate. I can't argue with your point about a weak secondary because if we don't get a solid rush we are in trouble albeit the secondary has been playing better as of late. The Giants have been susceptible to the big play this year, but as of late it hasn't been happening. Like you said, we could both be very wrong, I just want to see this game haha..Should be a good one regardless. I hold the Packers in high regard and wouldn't mind seeing you repeat if you beat my Giants. But here's to Green Bay NOT repeating:p

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope to do just that. Some of their comments and the attitude of some of their fans (not so much those who have visited us here, but some I've encountered elsewhere) have them quickly advancing on my "anybody but" Super Bowl list.
really? I would say those people are nuts if they have a 7.5 point underdog advancing easily over the best team in football who are 15-1....all im gonna say is the giants have what it takes to beat this team...a big gam, big time QB, a running game, a big time pass rush, and happen to be one of the best road teams in the NFL.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts