The Packers All-Personality Team

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would make your list of best, most infectious personalities in Packers history? It's a bit hard to separate elite skill from elite personality, but I did my best. Make your own list or comment on mine. Some of these were tough. I wanted to put Paul Coffman in for TE, but Finley had more spunk IMO:

QB - Favre
RB - Paul Hornung
RB - Aaron Jones
WR - Donald Driver
WR - Max McGee
TE - Jermichael Finley (flamboyant if he was getting the ball)
T - David Bahktiari
T - Mark Tauscher
G - Fuzzy Thurston
G - Jerry Kramer
C - Frank Winters (Frankie Bag O Donuts)

DL - Gilbert Brown
DL - BJ Raji
DL - Reggie White
DL - John Jurkovic
LB - Clay Matthews
LB - Ezra Johnson
LB - ????
CB - Charles Woodson
CB - Al Harris??
S - LeRoy Butler
S - Nick Collins
K - Chester Marcol
P - Do punters ever have personality??
KO/KR - Desmond Howard

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would make your list of best, most infectious personalities in Packers history? It's a bit hard to separate elite skill from elite personality, but I did my best. Make your own list or comment on mine. Some of these were tough. I wanted to put Paul Coffman in for TE, but Finley had more spunk IMO:

QB - Favre
RB - Paul Hornung
RB - Aaron Jones
WR - Donald Driver
WR - Max McGee
TE - Jermichael Finley (flamboyant if he was getting the ball)
T - David Bahktiari
T - Mark Tauscher
G - Fuzzy Thurston
G - Jerry Kramer
C - Frank Winters (Frankie Bag O Donuts)

DL - Gilbert Brown
DL - BJ Raji
DL - Reggie White
DL - John Jurkovic
LB - Clay Matthews
LB - Ezra Johnson
LB - ????
CB - Charles Woodson
CB - Al Harris??
S - LeRoy Butler
S - Nick Collins
K - Chester Marcol
KO/KR - Desmond Howard
It would be hard for me to leave Jamaal Williams off of this list. My suggestion for the open LB spot is Ted "the Stork" Hendricks.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be hard for me to leave Jamaal Williams off of this list. My suggestion for the open LB spot is Ted "the Stork" Hendricks.
I thought a lot about Jamaal, as he was the more charismatic of the two RBs drafted that year. He would be a fine substitution.

The Stork is also a great option for the LB spot.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Max should be #1

Out all night partying b4 the "super bowl" was hung over and performed really well
Yeah, despite having left his helmet in the locker room because he wasn't expecting to play. Had to quickly borrow one from one of the other bench-warmers when Lombardi shouted out "McGee!!!"

I mean, that incident alone should earn him a spot on this roster.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mossy Cade, James Lofton. Who was the RB a decade or two back that is reported to have left a steaming pile of :poop: in some girls closet in college?
That would ne Najeh Davenport.

" A woman sleeping in the room told police she was startled by a strange grunting sound and observed Davenport in a squatted position, evacuating his bowels and voiding into a laundry hamper in her closet."

I've done a lot of things in my life that I wish I hadn't (or at least, that I wish nobody knew about), but I've learned to get past them and live my life as though they had never happened. But honest to god... if I knew that for the rest of human history, anybody on the planet who googled my name was going to bring that paragraph up in 0.7 seconds, I think I'd have to change my name and get plastic surgery.

Poor Najeh. He may be a really kind, lovable, wonderful man in real life, but what a heavy burden that legacy must be to carry.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez, maybe we need to do the all
Mossy Cade, James Lofton. Who was the RB a decade or two back that is reported to have left a steaming pile of :poop: in some girls closet in college?
Jeez - maybe we need a separate thread for the Packers all-incarcerated team?!? In addition to the three above: Koren Robinson, Johnny Jolly, Mark Chmura, Marco Rivera, Joe Johnson, Ahman Green, Ahmad Carrol, Cory Rodgers, Nick Barnett, Spencer Havner, De'Mond Parker, Brandon Underwood, Erik Walden, Datone Jones, Letroy Guion, Jarrett Bush, Andrew Quarless, Darren Sharper, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila.

All of the above came from memory or this interesting website listing players from 2000 on: https://databases.usatoday.com/nfl-arrests/

Also from memory: Johnny "Blood" was arrested for stealing a car??? (I'd have to look that up), and Randall Woodfield wasn't with us long but was the I-5 serial killer.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't they draft a RB from Nebraska who was accused of beating up his girlfriend?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB - Favre
RB - Paul Hornung
RB - Whisper "hot feet" Goodman
WR - Driver
WR - Max McGee
TE - Keith Jackson
T -
T - Mark Tauscher
G - Fuzzy Thurston
G - Jerry Kramer
C - Larry McCarren

DL - Gilbert Brown
DL - BJ Raji
DL - Reggie White
DL - Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
LB - Clay Matthews
LB - Ezra Johnson
LB - Wayne Simmons
CB - Charles Woodson
CB - Terrell Buckley
S - LeRoy Butler
S - Nick Collins
K - Mason Crosby

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also from memory: Johnny "Blood" was arrested for stealing a car??? (I'd have to look that up)...

Possibly. There was one incident where he drove a car onto rarilroad tracks toforce a train that he'd just missed to stop and let him get onboard, and it seems likely to me that if he were going to drive a car in front of a train he'd use someone else's car. I know that that's what I always do in that situation.

That man was certifiably, diagnosably batshit crazy. God, I'd have given anything for a chance to hang with him.

He used to get drunk in his hotel room on the road, and sit on the window ledge singing to people down in the street. On one occasion, he climbed down the outside wall of his hotel to recite poetry to women on the sidewalk; another time, he panhandled Curly Lambeau in the hotel lobby for drinking money, and Lambeau told him to forget it - said he was going up to his room, and Blood should do the same, because he didn't want to talk about it again. Blood figured he just hadn't offered his best argument, and needed to make a better case.

So he went up to his own hotel room, on the 8th floor just 6 feet across an alleyway from Lambeau's room, climbed out of his window, leaped 6 feet to the ledge of Lambeau's window, and climbed in to continue the discussion. Supposedly scared the hell out of Curly. This time, Lambeau saw things his way, and Blood went out and gut roaring drunk.

His teammates had to fish him out of the ocean when his team was on their way to Hawaii to play an exhibition game, and he decided to climb out onto the stern flagstaff and see how many chinups he could do. Turns out he was able to do at least one fewer than he thought he could do.

When he was coach of the Pittsburgh Pirates football time (later to become the Steelers), he apparently somehow misread his own team's schedule and went a game at the Rose Bowl in LA on a day the Pirates were supposed to be playing the Eagles in Pennsylvania. He didn't realize his error until one of his friends pointed to the scoreboard, showing the score of the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia game. One of his players once said, "It's the only team I've ever been on where the players had to worry about the coach's behavior more than the coach worried about the players."

When his body just wouldn't hold up any longer, he dialed it back a notch and got a Master's in Economics from the University of Minnesota at age 47. Wrote a book on Mathusian economics, and was a professor or economics and history at St. John's, and even studied law while working as a clerk at a relative's law firm. What a character.

and Randall Woodfield wasn't with us long but was the I-5 serial killer.
That was creepy as hell, wasn't? As busy as most players usually are in training camp, he somehow found time to run around exposing himself to random women and girls all over the state of Wisconsin, at least 10 times. Thank god we nipped that in the bud and got him the hell out of Wisconsin before it got worse. That soulless monster wound up murdering and/or ****** over 100 women and girls.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly. There was one incident where he drove a car onto rarilroad tracks toforce a train that he'd just missed to stop and let him get onboard, and it seems likely to me that if he were going to drive a car in front of a train he'd use someone else's car. I know that that's what I always do in that situation.
Great stories. I didn't know most of those.

I think that McNally stole a taxi cab with a lady friend during a night of debauchery. I'm pretty sure that it was in Cliff Christl's 4-volume Packers history. However, Mrs. El Guapo is repainting our built-in bookcase and all of our books are packed into a box, including the Packers history. I'll have to look it up when the painting project is over.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez, maybe we need to do the all

Jeez - maybe we need a separate thread for the Packers all-incarcerated team?!? In addition to the three above: Koren Robinson, Johnny Jolly, Mark Chmura, Marco Rivera, Joe Johnson, Ahman Green, Ahmad Carrol, Cory Rodgers, Nick Barnett, Spencer Havner, De'Mond Parker, Brandon Underwood, Erik Walden, Datone Jones, Letroy Guion, Jarrett Bush, Andrew Quarless, Darren Sharper, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila.

All of the above came from memory or this interesting website listing players from 2000 on: https://databases.usatoday.com/nfl-arrests/

Also from memory: Johnny "Blood" was arrested for stealing a car??? (I'd have to look that up), and Randall Woodfield wasn't with us long but was the I-5 serial killer.

Not certain Johnny stole a car, but he did do a lot of things that were outrageous. I do remember Donald Driver talking about his surviving as a young kid. How he and his brother were stealing cars, and dealing drugs, just to stay alive. He came clean on it, since the statute of limitations was up, and he wanted people to know who he was in his "second life."

That's one of the reasons Donald is the generous person he is today. He's seen what hell on earth looks like, when you're so poor you don't know where the next morsel of food is coming from.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons Donald is the generous person he is today. He's seen what hell on earth looks like, when you're so poor you don't know where the next morsel of food is coming from.
An awful lot of people grow up in that same kind of hell and come out very differently - often just the opposite. Says an awful lot about Driver that he kept his compass through all of that.

Members online