The ONLY thing that can beat us this year.. AND I MEAN THE ONLY THING!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid penalties! If our special teams and defense can keep their heads in tough spots were on our way to the play-offs this season.(barring key injuries of course(knocks on wood)) Way to many stupid late hits, roughing the passer and blocks in the back last year! Although late hits should be allowed and roughing the passer only in really bad/nasty hits. It's football not tiddleywinks Mr. Goodell.:Dizzy:

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if they dont cement the O-Line there will be growing pains every week when they have to learn a new spot on the line.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The officials on the field at training camp this year should help reduce penalties this season.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the other thing could be is if MM decides to take his foot off the gas like he has so many times. That has cost us plenty of games in the 4th quarter.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So can someone enlighten me on how our defense has actually improved? i mean, when the Packers played against a good quarterback they were torn apart in the secondary. What has happened to make everyone so confident in it being any better this season?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So can someone enlighten me on how our defense has actually improved? i mean, when the Packers played against a good quarterback they were torn apart in the secondary. What has happened to make everyone so confident in it being any better this season?
That's a great question.
Our CB play wouldn't appear to be better with the great Woodson a year older, Harris still coming back from the knee.... I still don't think Pat Lee is any good.

The only way they improve is if the pass rush is a lot better.
The good thing is we don't face Warner this year, or Brees.
The bad news is we face Farve twice, and have to go thru him and Brees to get to the Super Bowl.
Plus we could make Matt Ryan or McNabb or Kevin Kolb look like we made Roethlisberger look last year.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid penalties! If our special teams and defense can keep their heads in tough spots were on our way to the play-offs this season.(barring key injuries of course(knocks on wood)) Way to many stupid late hits, roughing the passer and blocks in the back last year! Although late hits should be allowed and roughing the passer only in really bad/nasty hits. It's football not tiddleywinks Mr. Goodell.:Dizzy:

Since our defense has another year under their belt with Dom Capers system, they should no doubt be better. Clay Matthews, Brad Jones and BJ Raji have another year and should improve as well. Josh Bell just got put on the PUP list. Hopefully Sam Sheilds can replace him.........but without a doubt, I am sure Sheilds could replace Jarrett Bush. Somebody has to.

As far as allowing late hits. I don't think they should be allowed but sometimes the refs call a penalty for a late hit when the guy gets there about a quarter of a second after the QB gets rid of it so that is BS. I am not sure if their is a video clip somewhere, but the Packers Charles Martin put the mother of all late hits on Jim McMahon I think in 1986 or so. He was never the same again.

When it comes to our special teams.........they are thpethel teams if ya know what I mean. The Special teams coach should have been fired the day our last season was over. I mean Jesus Christ. A punter can kick the ball to one side or the other out of bounds. Alls he has to do is basically aim for the 5 or 10 yard side line. It seemed we were always starting out on the 10 yard line where the other teams seemed to started at the 35. Why did we not draft Zoltan Mesko? He has struggled a bit so far for the Patriots but I have seen him blast that ball. I think Mason Crosby will do better this year. He had a down year and it seemed he could not come through when we really needed it. It was to the point of when we didn't get the first down and Crosby walked out.......I was like !#$%^&! .......NOOOOOOO.

You didn't mention our Offensive line but it should be better for sure since we will have Taucher and Clifton from the start. Hopefully they can stay healthy and hold up the entire season. Throw Bulaga in the mix, plus TJ Lang with another year in the system and I think we will be OK. If not.......the Terminator might show up on the field.......and tell Aaron Rodgers........"Come with me if you want to live"

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wont mind a few late hits or roughing the passer penalties on lord favre this year tho. :viksux:

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other threats that come to mind

- Injuries at positions we lack depth (OLB, DL and the secondary).
- Continued porous secondary
- prolonged special teams problems
- prolonged offensive line problems
- letting inferior teams stay in the game (Both chicago games come to mind, Cincinatti, Tampa).

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers missing 5+ games.

That would almost instantly end our season.

As always. There's not really a 6 game stretch this year where I think Flynn could step in and steal enough wins that they wouldn't be in trouble. Weeks 7-11 come to mind (Vikings, @Jets, Cowboys, @Vikings) Nonetheless, I'm interested to see what leaps Flynn makes in year three.

Members online

Latest posts