The one thing that makes/made him great...

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another bored in the offseason thread just for fun...

Basically, I'll list some players, and you guys respond with the one unique thing about them that makes them great as a player.

I'll start...

The one thing that makes Greg Jennings great is... His superb route running ability.

The one thing that makes Clay Matthews great is... His tenacity.

The one thing that makes Charles Woodson great is... His knowledge of the game.

Etc...

Now you guys can say something different for those guys, or add more or whatever. Let's do it.

The one thing that makes Aaron Rodgers great is...

The one thing that made Reggie White great was...

The one thing that made Bart Starr great was...

The one thing that made Brett Favre great was...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The one thing that makes Aaron Rodgers great is...Ability to notice the defense coverage at the snap

The one thing that made Reggie White great was...His physical strength

The one thing that made Bart Starr great was...Not to turn ball over

The one thing that made Brett Favre great was...Able to create something out of nothing

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing that makes Aaron Rodgers great is... He is multidimensional

The one thing that made Reggie White great was...Just ONE thing about my favorite player of all time?! Serious! OK, I'll list ONE, ... His passion for the game.

The one thing that made Bart Starr great was...Not to turn ball over (Agree with LTF)

The one thing that made Brett Favre great was...He won a SB with the Packers

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing that makes Aaron Rodgers great is... his accuracy.

The one thing that made Reggie White great was... his leadership.

The one thing that made Bart Starr great was... his ability to execute in the clutch.

The one thing that made Brett Favre great was... uhh, could you please help me out here? JK... his undying determination.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing that makes Tramon Williams great is... His ball location skills

The one thing that makes Nick Collins great is... His ballhawking skills

The one thing that made Ray Nitschke great was... The fear he imposed on opposing players

The one thing that makes James Starks great is... His ability to walk on water and dodge bullets.

And disagree with all of you.

The one thing that made Bart Starr great was... his clutchness. Always coming up big when needed.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
The one thing that made Reggie White great was...leadership & inspiration to teammates

The one thing that makes Aaron Rodgers great is...resilience to egotistical predecessor

The one thing that makes Clay Matthews great is... his hair & flipping of thereof

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm... this is fun!!!

The one thing that makes James Starks great is his ability to find holes in the opposing D and run right through him/ them.

The one thing that makes Clay Matthews great is his relentless pursuit of the enemy.

The one thing that makes Charles Woodson great is his great leadership skills.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The one thing that makes Thompson great is his ability to be stone cold and not bow to pressure

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing above all else that made Aaron Rodgers great is that he got drafted later than he thought he would have. I thinnk that changed his life. It humbled him and lit a fire under him like he had never felt. To this day I feel like he gets up every day solely to prove anyone and everyone who doubt him wrong.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing above all else that made Aaron Rodgers great is that he got drafted later than he thought he would have. I thinnk that changed his life. It humbled him and lit a fire under him like he had never felt. To this day I feel like he gets up every day solely to prove anyone and everyone who doubt him wrong.
VERY very possible, and have thought of that many times.
Much like Favre being traded from Atlanta, Rodgers being drafted late might have made him the guy he is. He had reportedly atitude problems (cockyness), though that may very well be perceived problems by so called "analysts" like Todd McShay.
But, unlike Favre, Rodgers doesn't need someone to consistantly babysit him like Holmgren did, so chances are he's not gonna go diva if he wins a lot.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The one thing that makes Aaron Rodgers great is [in his own words] his preparation.

The one thing that made Reggie White great was ... gotta go with Kitten here, his passion.

The one thing that made Bart Starr great was his leadership (greatest field general of all time).

The one thing that made Brett Favre great was his ability to make something out of nothing (and yes I know it often times went the wrong way, but it is a lot easier to remember the bad ones than the good ones, if we are going to nail him for the mistakes we have to give him credit for the successes).

Members online

Latest posts