the NFL just released their Official Draft Rankings

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just false and you know it. I'm not ignoring the contributory value a #2 snap count guy at any position (a backup) - #3 snap count guys at some other positions (a backup) can also contribute...however you have perpetually and consistently bemoaned this class that we selected backups, nothing but backups. All I was doing was illustrating that even had we drafted a WR in the second, third or a ton on Day 3 we still were drafting a backup. Hence, there is value as you say in positions drafted for a rookie to contribute albeit not as a #1 or even a #2.

I mean let's just say Dillon surpasses Jamaal for second most snap counts at the RB position this year...I'd argue he will touch the ball more than the #2WR possibly...he could potentially touch the ball more than Adams even.

Deguara will be interesting, the pessimistic outlook on him is he is kinda that hybrid TE/FB/WR type guy that may not find a place in a system. The optimist looks at him and the MLF system we are working towards one could argue a guy like him fits it perfectly and could be used frequently.

None of us truly know how this is gonna play out.
Correct we don’t know how this season will play out. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Dillon has the ball in his hands more than Adams. I expect Dillon to easily surpass Williams on the depth chart, I think that’s why he was drafted - to challenge Jones and not Williams. Dillon has to much strength, speed, and overall athleticism to sit on the bench. And you don’t pick a guy #2 to a sit on the bench. Dillon does two things IMO - he improves the run game by adding depth, and he provides insurance should Jones walk next year. Just a great pick by Gluten in an otherwise head-scratching draft.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a prediction, Dillon will start the season (yeah, yeah IF we have a season) as #2 on the RB depth chart. Like I said, just a prediction, and we’ll find out (hopefully)O soon enough.

I have a feeling we will have a season this year. The real question will be how many games will be played and if there will be any fans in the stands. The NFL is the one league that doesn't depend upon a big chunk of their revenue on ticket sales.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling we will have a season this year. The real question will be how many games will be played and if there will be any fans in the stands. The NFL is the one league that doesn't depend upon a big chunk of their revenue on ticket sales.
Correct. Most revenue (and profits) comes from broadcast rights. The games could be played in empty stadiums.

But then I started thinking about what would happen if one player on a team tested positive during the season. Current CDC guidelines require anyone who has had close contact with a person testing positive must or should self-quarantine for 14 days. Would that apply to the entire team?

Let’s pray for a vaccine, and soon.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct. Most revenue (and profits) comes from broadcast rights. The games could be played in empty stadiums.

But then I started thinking about what would happen if one player on a team tested positive during the season. Current CDC guidelines require anyone who has had close contact with a person testing positive must or should self-quarantine for 14 days. Would that apply to the entire team?

Let’s pray for a vaccine, and soon.

A vaccine could take a while. Let's also pray for a therapy that a doctor can give patients to alleviate the symptoms so we don't get deathly sick.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

^^this is an EXCELLENT, MATURE, WELL-REASONED post. Well done, Fredrik87. The other dude, tinytinkins or whatever his name is, is kind of coming across as sunshine pumper/pack front office propagandist and as a "holier than thou" condescending superfan, calling anyone who dares disagree with his official sunshine pumper packer super fan partyline as "ignorant", when that in and of itself, is ironically quite "ignorant." Fredrik87, your response was spot on. I think you knocked him off of his "ignorant" high horse. Well-done.

I had genuinely thought of P.M. to you last week to tell you not to take things so personally, but......attacking another member like you have because they have a different opinion to yours isn`t very grown up, and WILL put you on the mods radar. Just saying. I don`t always agree with everything others say, but to try and belittle someone is really uncalled for.

D

Deleted member 6794

I expect Dillon to easily surpass Williams on the depth chart, I think that’s why he was drafted - to challenge Jones and not Williams. Dillon has to much strength, speed, and overall athleticism to sit on the bench. And you don’t pick a guy #2 to a sit on the bench.

Dillon might move ahead of Williams on the depth chart this season but if Jones stays healthy I don't believe there's any chance he doesn't receive the majority of playing time and touches.

I agree that a general manager shouldn't use an early round pick on a prospect most likely being a backup but unfortunately that's exactly what Gutekunst did with his first four picks this year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon might move ahead of Williams on the depth chart this season but if Jones stays healthy I don't believe there's any chance he doesn't receive the majority of playing time and touches.

I agree that a general manager shouldn't use an early round pick on a prospect most likely being a backup but unfortunately that's exactly what Gutekunst did with his first four picks this year.
Yes, Dillon will have his work cut out for him getting snaps. I also believe there will be more snaps devoted to the run, so Dillon will get some chances.

And yeah, Gluten’s first round pick, IMO, was a waste of a pick. A WR or ILB (Queen was there at 26) would have been preferable.

Members online

Latest posts