The New England loss shaped the 2010 Packers

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple years ago when the Giants got hot and ran through the NFC (including our beloved Packers) and then the SB, the 1st Patriot game in week 17 is where it started. They lost, but it gave them the confidence to go out and know they could compete with anyone.

In week 15, the Packers lost to the Patriots, but they didn't have their best offensive player on the field, and they still made a game of it. Since then, the Packers are unbeaten and have been rolling. That game gave them the confidence, just like the '07 Giants, to go out every week and compete against anyone. I am not sure this is a knew thought, but I have never personally heard someone mention the comparison incorporating the Patriots. Thoughts? Win or lose, the Packers got hot and more confident after the Patriot loss.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I've said this before, or words to this effect. At the time the Packers came to Foxboro, the Pats were one of the teams in the league playing the best football (look where that got us... sigh) and the Packers played hard, tough, good football - and only lost because of a rookie QB. I watched the next Packer game, and I noticed that the team was playing differently than before. More... sure of themselves, like they wanted it more and such. There was a mental transformation of the team, I think - kind of a "We hung with the big dogs... we can do this!" kind of thing.

And look where you are now? Lucky bastards ;)

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I've actually thought a lot about this, and I agree. With the Patriots being widely considered the class of the AFC at the time, it seemed to me that what the Packers took from that game was, "We can play with the best."

I think it was also the weekend Lombardi first aired on HBO. I noticed they started refusing to quit around that time. Clay tweeted about what a good man Lombardi was - I hope many more of the players watched and took very personally the legacy they are a part of - these Packers are capable of making it necessary to change that plaque in the tunnel at Lambeau (the one in my sig). I hope and pray they have four more winning, refuse-to-quit quarters in them this season.

GO PACK GO!! FOUR MORE QUARTERS!! CHANGE THAT PLAQUE!!! :prayer:

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was a combination of both the Pats and the Giants game. The Pats game showed us that we could play on a national stage against a real good team even with Rodgers out. I thought that was the game when our defense really took control and showed we were a force to be reckon with. The way the offense handled the Giants especially in the 2nd half was when we really got rolling. You could tell both sides of the ball went to another level.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
After our losses in Atlanta and Foxboro I was not upset at the Packers. Just said, they fought with the best toe to toe and had some mistakes to be corrected. Exept for the SB champs you define every team by their losses, and with that noted win or lose on Sunday the Packers fought well this season.

And the problem with both those losses was our Special Teams and they have improved vastly.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a team that hasnt trailed by 7 points (or is it more than 7 points?) all season, we have been great all season and I dont think ever needed to turn it around. Sloppy mistakes and had to adjust to injury but this wasnt the 07 giants that got manhandled at times in their season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Giants beat the Pack, I knew they would win the SB against the undefeated Pats because I could see the Giants wanting it more.
And that's how I feel about the Pack vs Steelers.
The Pack wants it more.

Kaeg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's funny. I read somewhere how the Steelers' loss to the *Pats was the turning point for them as well. Haha. .......God I hate them. But if they are responsible for us getting here...Thx.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Lions' loss was the turning point. I don't know what MM said to the team, but they've played like it's their last game ever since--especially the offensive line, which played up and down to that point. I don't see it changing for the real last game.

Members online

Latest posts