The more time passes, the more upset I get thinking about the loss..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE believer in any given Sunday, and I don't cry about losses and I am beyond confident that there will be at least a handful more super bowl appearances by this core of Packer players over the next several years.. but losses like this just aren't acceptable.

It's one thing to lose in dramatic fashion, watching a good game between two brutes that battle to the bitter end.. but it's an entirely different feeling when you watch an elite team dismantle teams throughout the year, and then get blown to bits while being the ONLY home team thus far in the playoffs to lose.

I credit the Giants entirely with their victory, but how do you go into next season? I almost feel like I don't want 14+ victories. I know that sounds ridiculous and I'll probably change my mind when next season starts, but the level of disappointment is just incredible for me. More-so than the super bowl loss to Denver, more-so than the championship loss to the Giants with Favre, more-so than the playoff loss against the Cardinals.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sucks that it's over until another whole freakin year and that we don't have anything to look forward to watch on weekends anymore.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE believer in any given Sunday, and I don't cry about losses and I am beyond confident that there will be at least a handful more super bowl appearances by this core of Packer players over the next several years.. but losses like this just aren't acceptable.

It's one thing to lose in dramatic fashion, watching a good game between two brutes that battle to the bitter end.. but it's an entirely different feeling when you watch an elite team dismantle teams throughout the year, and then get blown to bits while being the ONLY home team thus far in the playoffs to lose.

I credit the Giants entirely with their victory, but how do you go into next season? I almost feel like I don't want 14+ victories. I know that sounds ridiculous and I'll probably change my mind when next season starts, but the level of disappointment is just incredible for me. More-so than the super bowl loss to Denver, more-so than the championship loss to the Giants with Favre, more-so than the playoff loss against the Cardinals.
Keep things in perspective. Its just a game. Whether they won or lost it matters not to you outside of your brain. You have a family and loved ones and in life, that is all that really matters. The Packers lost the Nth game of the 1998 season - you probably watched it. Does it really matter at this point? Its fun and great to watch the Packers win - we all agree about that, but when it comes to the big picture, its not worth stressing over. My Uncle died a bit back, they diagnosed him in October and told him he wouldn't make Christmas. I had a long 'last' talk with him - first and only time I had the chance to say goodbye like that. He told me that the Brewers and Packers, he could care less now (and he was a huge fan of both). He said the best thing about those two teams was enjoying it with friends.

So, as a member of your 'cyber family' here at Packerforum, I'm saying hang in there. Don't worry about the loss and concentrate on the good:

1. Best GM in football, amazing the amount of talent on the Packers
2. Great Coaching staff - they have done an amazing job (most of the time - not sure why Capers kept his head in his *** this season)
3. Aaron Rodgers - the best QB situation in the NFL, he's young and amazing
4. A roster that is the deepest and most talented in the NFL.
5. Maybe getting kicked in the nards by the Giants will cause these Packers to buckle down and be better next year.

There are 'fans' who will ***** in contradiction to each of the items above, pointing out problems. You just have to keep your eye on the bigger picture. Just remember that Lombardi did not win every game or go to every Superbowl.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep things in perspective. Its just a game. Whether they won or lost it matters not to you outside of your brain. You have a family and loved ones and in life, that is all that really matters. The Packers lost the Nth game of the 1998 season - you probably watched it. Does it really matter at this point? Its fun and great to watch the Packers win - we all agree about that, but when it comes to the big picture, its not worth stressing over.

Concentrate on the good:

2. Great Coaching staff - they have done an amazing job (most of the time - not sure why Capers kept his head in his *** this season)
5. Maybe getting kicked in the nards by the Giants will cause these Packers to buckle down and be better next year.

There are 'fans' who will ***** in contradiction to each of the items above, pointing out problems. You just have to keep your eye on the bigger picture. Just remember that Lombardi did not win every game or go to every Superbowl.
In regards to #3, 5 on your list there AM......
This will put a huge chip on A-rod's shoulder and make him come back even better next year.
18-0 baby!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In regards to #3, 5 on your list there AM......
This will put a huge chip on A-rod's shoulder and make him come back even better next year.
19-0 baby!

Fixed.

I don't know if AR can get better. He set a new standard for QB play already. If he does elevate his game, I just can't imagine.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part that hurts the most is having to wait until September to see how this team reacts to the loss. I have to sit through the next week weeks of actual football... then free-agency... then the draft... then OTA's... the preseason games.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part that hurts the most is having to wait until September to see how this team reacts to the loss. I have to sit through the next week weeks of actual football... then free-agency... then the draft... then OTA's... the preseason games.
And basketball then baseball!
We need to start the season sooner. Like in May or something.
Or next week. Too soon? OK, three weeks from now.
Damn, the waiting is the hardest part.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep things in perspective. Its just a game. Whether they won or lost it matters not to you outside of your brain. You have a family and loved ones and in life, that is all that really matters. The Packers lost the Nth game of the 1998 season - you probably watched it. Does it really matter at this point? Its fun and great to watch the Packers win - we all agree about that, but when it comes to the big picture, its not worth stressing over. My Uncle died a bit back, they diagnosed him in October and told him he wouldn't make Christmas. I had a long 'last' talk with him - first and only time I had the chance to say goodbye like that. He told me that the Brewers and Packers, he could care less now (and he was a huge fan of both). He said the best thing about those two teams was enjoying it with friends.

So, as a member of your 'cyber family' here at Packerforum, I'm saying hang in there. Don't worry about the loss and concentrate on the good:

Thanks for the insight and kind words, and you are absolutely correct. I don't overly stress, but as a competitive fan I will always share the same excited passion in victory and the same wallowing despair of defeat as the players I watch, it's just a part of my life. I'm still going to enjoy my friends and family tomorrow, and I'm still going to enjoy searching for that big lunker when I go fishing during the spring opener, and in time I will replace this stinging loss with hopes of victory in the future.

It just helps to vent sometimes!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm over it already. I'm not sad, just disappointed. Although I haven't even turned on ESPN or NFL Network since the loss.

I'm just looking forward to the draft now. Seeing what they do in the offseason and in the draft will tell us a lot about where our team will be next season. In the meantime I'll pull for the Patriots and keep up with MMA like I usually do anyway.

It does sting a little bit though. To have such a great regular season record and for Rodgers to have his best year and come up short sucks.

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm convinced half of you guys locked yourself in your rooms and cried. GB could have had Hakeem Nicks. He was used against GB. TT didn't want him...TT always knows better.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm convinced half of you guys locked yourself in your rooms and cried. GB could have had Hakeem Nicks. He was used against GB. TT didn't want him...TT always knows better.

Don't feed the troll, thank you ladies and gentleman.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
After the game I figured that we finally had a bad game, we loss by my God I the Packers had practically a whole year of wins, sweeping the Bears 4 times, winning a SB, and some other amazing stuff. If you don't look at the season and just the year 2011, the feat the Packers have done have been so fricking unbelievable that to say you witnessed it is something future generations envy. I envy those old timers that saw Hutson, Starr, and Blood, but I got to see a lights out season that would make Lombardi proud. And in 2012 we are 1 -1, and hopefully all we do is go up.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. Aaron will be a SB MVP and a regular season MVP by age 28. He is still young. Just add a few pieces and a few more SB wins is realistic by the time he is in his early 30's. Guys like Brady/Brees are only going to get older quicker and they have defenses just as bad. Guys like Aaron will be around for many more years.

Teams like the Giants/Lions/Niners are teams to watch out for in coming years.

Members online

Latest posts