The Longwell

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Maybe this is just my perception shared by no one else. Doesn't it seem like Ryan Longwell is getting awfully arrogant as of late? I can not recall him ever being so ... prickish with his comments.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it is arrogance, just blunt honesty.

He is very correct...some teams pay for good kicking, some don't. He is a good kicker (a great one), and he does not know if TT is a guy who ponies up for his skills.

Nothing arrogant...just a pragmatic evaluation of his situation entering his final contract year.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problems with Ryuan's comments. I sure heard a whole lot worse on Packer forums. It is his house and if certain visitors to his Packer forum insult him or don't go along with the rules for Packer forum. It is his right to throw them out. Being a participant in Packernewsforum and the defunct New Chronicle, I only wish that they had more control over the minority who post irreponsilble postings, like the control Ryan has on his Packer Forum.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
I have no problems with Ryuan's comments. I sure heard a whole lot worse on Packer forums. It is his house and if certain visitors to his Packer forum insult him or don't go along with the rules for Packer forum. It is his right to throw them out. Being a participant in Packernewsforum and the defunct New Chronicle, I only wish that they had more control over the minority who post irreponsilble postings, like the control Ryan has on his Packer Forum.

Huh? I don't think you read my post bud ;-)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh,..... Are we talking about Ryan Longwell here, or RYAN the Admin of this Forum?

I thought the thread was about Ryan Longwell, the Kicker for the Green Bay Packers.
I haven't read too many of "his" comments of late - if Slick can provide some links to a few Articles and possibly QUOTE some paragraphs, then maybe I can see where he's coming from....

As far as RYAN, the ADMIN? This is NOT a Democracy here... there's no voting going on here.. It is a Dictatorship, a benevolent Dictator at that... He's no Castro from Cuba by any stretch of the imagination... Look at it this way- if someone comes up to you in the Bar and smucks off... you're gonna just stand there and take it lying down? Me? I'm gonna lay into ya.. and then some....!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick I read the title of this and was like wtf :wtf: has Slick gone crazy too? Seems that the past few days people have just been begging to get banned, I was like, no way not another one :) Funny stuff.

Also I am adding "Longwell" to your title so it doesn't throw people off (PWT :p)

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess he is just worried about this because he is in his final year,and wants an extenision. I bet it will all work out ok. They just need to find a person and stick with him and practice. :cross: :pray:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Slick I read the title of this and was like wtf :wtf: has Slick gone crazy too? Seems that the past few days people have just been begging to get banned, I was like, no way not another one :) Funny stuff.

Also I am adding "Longwell" to your title so it doesn't throw people off (PWT :p)

Nah man I'm completely sane, just misunderstood.

OR people can read the post before jumping off the deep end. With being at work I'm rushed with my posts but i sure wouldn't go off like that without reading for sure, that was jus careless.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kicking is such a precise thing I can see where he is concerned, especially with the conditions in GB. For extra points or short field goals holding may not be as critical, but when it's 40-50 yard field goals the dynamics change considerably. So I can understand where is is concerned with the holder. I like to see him confident, even if there is a little arrogance with it. Confidence is the most important thing to a kicker.

Without a good kicker last year we are no where near the playoffs. There are not many, if any, kickers that can outkick Ryan in adverse GB conditions. Last Thur. as an example. Now, you may say Keading is not in Ryan's class, even though, he was a 3rd rd pick, maybe, but he missed 3 from the mid 40's and Ryan nailed he first from over 50-outstanding performance by Ryan in adverse conditions.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Ryan if you keep kicking the ***h$les from your forum you may get enough practice to challenge Longwell for the kicking job with the Packers !!!! I know this because they will keep trying to re-register under different names as they did in other forums..

By the way I have no problem at all with Longwell as long as he keeps kicking right and winning games for us.

Neither I have problems with Ryan for banning people who only came here to insult, you MIGHT NOT AGREE and as far as I have been here I have the feeling that you are entitled to do so, even to get a little ******* comments, but when it turns to insulting for the sake of it I dont think that this might be the place to do so!!! :twisted: :wink:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it this way.... Could Longwell actually be a bit spoiled by the mothering he got from Pederson?

Sure smells that way....

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is nothing like a wet 53 yarder to change your mind on a Kicker. Especially WITH a new holder like Sander and a younger guy missed 3 in the same conditions from shorter range.

I was leaning to finding a guy with more led and better kickoffs next year. I did not think he would make the 53 yarder. He did and my opinion has changed.

There are cheaper kickers out there but there are critical games where you just have to have high quality.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i see nothing wrong with his comments. he is a top player at a tough position and he needs a good snap and a good hold before he can do his job. i would want the best guy holding for me too.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
There is nothing like a wet 53 yarder to change your mind on a Kicker. Especially WITH a new holder like Sander and a younger guy missed 3 in the same conditions from shorter range.

I was leaning to finding a guy with more led and better kickoffs next year. I did not think he would make the 53 yarder. He did and my opinion has changed.

There are cheaper kickers out there but there are critical games where you just have to have high quality.

Even some on the packers staff thought he'd miss it.

That kick was awesome.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys are insane. He has had multiple holders, his snapper is the same, and THAT is one of the reasons hes so good. But bottom line, like the sherm said, "when he gives me the thumbs up, I put three on the board." (something like that)

Ryan is the all time packers leading scorer for a reason. Longwell rules.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without a doubt, we don't make it to the playoffs last year without Longwell's clutch FG kicking. But that begs the question.

Are we better to have made it to the playoffs and been beat at home by the Vikings, or to not have made it to the playoffs at all?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts