The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

Again...that takes speculation on your part. First, on who the Packers would have taken and second, if that player that maybe panned out in say Pittsburgh, has the same experience in Green Bay. Now if you want to factor in hindsight and today say "Man, I wish the Packers would have drafted Chase Claypool instead of Love." Your point would be a lot more valid, but still no guarantees Claypool plays a snap in GB or is as productive either.

As I have mentioned above there's no guarantee the Packers selecting a different player instead of Love would have worked out better but the probability is fairly high.

So go ahead and keep using your silly rear view mirror arguments that the Packers should have drafted Tee Higgens or Claypool. That assertion is as silly as me saying "Had Rodgers gotten injured in 2020, Love would have taken over and by the end of the season playing so well, allowed the Packers to cut ties with Rodgers."

No, it's definitely not as silly considering both Higgins and Claypool have proven they can be productive in the NFL while Love has done diddly-squat so far.

What you continue to fail to recognize is that nobody has argued against the notion that 2 years after the fact, Gute would have probably been better off drafting someone else.

If only someone would have mentioned that drafting Love was a bad idea from the get-go :rolleyes:

The problem with doing what you are doing and that you don't seem to understand, is that you are using hindsight to make your "evaluations".

Like I said, keep playing the what if and would have, should have games if that is what cranks your tractor.

Yes, the Love pick will eventually be evaluated, when he leaves Green Bay. But some people like yourself are trying to do that prematurely by inserting "had Gute only done this" examples and inserting what they think would have been a much better player (with 2022 info, not 2020). Problem is, Love has another 2 years in Green Bay, so the process is only halfway done. We're you evaluating Rodgers after year 2?

I'll be excited and willing to evaluate the Love pick, in its entirety, when Love is no longer a Packer.

Wait a moment, you criticize posters for using hindsight to evaluate the selection of Love after two years and then move on and advocate to wait until he is no longer a Packers to do it. That doesn't make any sense.

True. But you could have argued that with any number of starting QB’s who got drafted and sat, only to go on and produce more value wise than every Later Day 1 selection in their draft, Combined.

As I have mentioned before those examples are pretty rare though, especially since the CBA changed back in 2011.

That’s called using both hindsight and future projection combined. Which is an extremist fans interpretation of events in order to suit their own desires.

Hindsight is used to evaluate every move made by a general manager, there's no other way to do it. Otherwise we even bother to play the games.

It's true that it's a projection that Love won't ever have an impact with the Packers but again, the probability for that to happen is pretty high.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think anything either Captain or myself has debated (or others that have chimed in) has crossed any boundaries other than our incessant protections of our positions (that was meant to be sarcastic!)
However I will drop the argument from my side if I see any other responses from him concerning Love
No reason to punish the entire forum for our lengthy debate Becoming annoying :cry:

Plus we need a thread to track his TD totals this preseason :tup:

PS. I love you @captainWIMM. This bickering debating has prepared me for future battles :roflmao:
I shall digress
Never said a boundary was crossed. It's the same argument in circles for months

have at it

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just mind numbing

should really lock this thread ... sosdd

There are no games. This is my offseason sport. It's either this or I do something productive and I can't establish that kind of routine because then my wife will get upset when I stop being productive during the season. It's about managing expectations.

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me. Nobody's forcing me to read it.
True. I just don’t want to start another Love thread when he starts lighting it up in August. He’s finally got some good Receiver depth to throw to. That should help a young QB like him early in his career.

D

Deleted member 6794

True. I just don’t want to start another Love thread when he starts lighting it up in August. He’s finally got some good Receiver depth to throw to. That should help a young QB like him early in his career.

You're purely speculating about the Packers having good depth at wide receiver. And you're not allowed to do that around here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're purely speculating about the Packers having good depth at wide receiver. And you're not allowed to do that around here.
you can speculate all you want about future events with little to no information on which to base that speculation, but you absolutely can not use what is known to speculate how things may have been different regarding past events.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can speculate all you want about future events with little to no information on which to base that speculation, but you absolutely can not use what is known to speculate how things may have been different regarding past events.
Butterfly effect.

Reaction score
Oh my gosh you are correct!!!!
I should’ve prefaced that with “IF”

So.. Can I at least dream? Or do I need to go to GreenBay and start knocking on players doors and introducing myself. That way I meet your minimum threshold for forming and opinion? Hanging out with each and every last player in person.. so I meet your minimum posting criteria. :tup::laugh: That is just too funny I can’t let that one go!:roflmao: It’s just so out there! ThankYou for the deep belly chuckle I know that wasn’t the intended purpose but even my wife had to ask me what was up. She so wanted some chuckle and I couldn’t do it justice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I love when posters reply to me when I have them on ignore

it's like talking to them selves
I think it is there way of trying to be relevant in your life. Also, I have found a few are just trying to be annoying, which is why I wish Shaggy would put the 2 way ignore feature that you see on most social media sites.

Reaction score
Hindsight is now coded “known speculation”, nice. :roflmao:
None if that matters anymore fir Captain has set the bar much, much higher. Whatever you do, do NOT post opinion about a player you haven’t met in person and interviewed or at least spoke directly to someone who knows that player personally. Such as another family member or close friend or player? However, If those group of valid people or the source himself refuses to allow you to walk around recording their every move?
It’s a Non admissible post

It’s like my old Turbo Pascal programming days. It’s like an infinite loop of nothingness.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I think it is there way of trying to be relevant in your life. Also, I have found a few are just trying to be annoying, which is why I wish Shaggy would put the 2 way ignore feature that you see on most social media sites.

In my opinion the ignore feature is a terrible one, mostly used by people who can't deal with someone else disagreeing with them or having a different opinion.

If every poster would put another one on ignore after disagreeing with him the forum would be an awful quiet place.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do people know if people are replying to them if they are on ignore?

Regardless, put a thought on a message board it’s pretty much fair game for anyone to respond to. It’s not always the person they’re responding to, sometimes it’s just the message.

If one wants private conversations there is private messaging.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the ignore feature is a terrible one, mostly used by people who can't deal with someone else disagreeing with them or having a different opinion.

If every poster would put another one on ignore after disagreeing with him the forum would be an awful quiet place.
I agree. It is rude to ignore anyone or anything. That is why I ignore my ignore feature.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have never put anyone who has disagreed with me on ignore. If I did you would certainly be on it :D People with a generally ****** or disrespectful or confrontational attitude however, I don't have time for that. Most of the people I have put on ignore are gone altogether within 6 months anyway

Reaction score

I wholeheartedly agree!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I can only speak for myself. You and I disagree all the time and I haven't once even thought about ignoring you. Why? Because disagreeing is all part of healthy discussion and you and I have had some very healthy discussions, while not agreeing.

However, once a poster crosses the line with me, throwing nothing but insults and nonsense, I use the ignore feature. The 3 posters I have on ignore, hell, I agreed with their point of views more times than I disagreed with them. However all 3 started acting like children with their personal barbs and that is an instant ignore for me, I don't want to waste my time with people like that, nor do I have to. Funny thing is, all 3 knew they were on my ignore, yet all 3 continued to be immature children and tried to argue with me through other posters.

I can't tell you how to feel about the feature, but there is a very good reason that it is a feature on just about every social media site, as well as an option that we all have in "real life."

Reaction score
I can only speak for myself. You and I disagree all the time and I haven't once even thought about ignoring you. Why? Because disagreeing is all part of healthy discussion and you and I have had some very healthy discussions, while not agreeing.

However, once a poster crosses the line with me, throwing nothing but insults and nonsense, I use the ignore feature. The 3 posters I have on ignore, hell, I agreed with their point of views more times than I disagreed with them. However all 3 started acting like children with their personal barbs and that is an instant ignore for me, I don't want to waste my time with people like that, nor do I have to. Funny thing is, all 3 knew they were on my ignore, yet all 3 continued to be immature children and tried to argue with me through other posters.

I can't tell you how to feel about the feature, but there is a very good reason that it is a feature on just about every social media site, as well as an option that we all have in "real life."
Absolutely. It’s healthy to ignore those select few that we don’t want to associate with. After all, we just might start acting like them! Can you imagine morphing into a cross between Brandon and Carolina!:eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would have put myself on ignore by now if I did that with everybody I disagree with from time to time.

Not sure how that would work out around here :roflmao:
Crosby's job would be safe and Jordan Love might be Mayor of Green Bay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts