The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is Love another Hundley?
I think he's closer to Deshaun Kizer. Both Kizer and Love are big qb's with good arms but have accuracy issues. I think both qb's had accuracy issues in college that were never fixed at the pro level.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His first pick was a perfect spot that AR8 let go through his hands. He catches it and you have your amazing accuracy throw. The second sailed because he couldn't step into it. He led a drive to take the lead midway through the 4th quarter. The defense let him down.
Sure the defense let him down but the defense didn't throw two picks.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His first pick was a perfect spot that AR8 let go through his hands. He catches it and you have your amazing accuracy throw. The second sailed because he couldn't step into it. He led a drive to take the lead midway through the 4th quarter. The defense let him down.
I don't think he was targeting Rodgers on that play. Pretty sure he was going to St. Brown but the ball got deflected at the line and fortuitously dropped into Rodgers' hands, but he couldn't hold on. I don't blame Love for the deflection, but even if Rodgers catches that it wouldn't have shown accuracy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yup folks clearly here didn’t even watch the game with some of the comments. First pick was Amaris fault 100% and second Newman got beat and Love tried but didn’t have time to step into throw - it was doomed right when that happened.

I honestly was surprised how well I felt he did honestly. Looked more natural and fluid offense.

Zero chance I’m ever choosing to let Aaron walk if I can help it of course….lord knows I have to say this or folks will take any drip of positive love post as a christening.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In an infinite number of universes I suppose there might be one where we get 8 wins with Love at the helm.
There is another universe right now where Jordan Love led the Packers to the NFL's first ever 17-0 season.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan also had the "would be" touchdown pass on his first drive that was dropped by the Tight End on that play, can't remember who.

I liked that play, on the run too.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love has been getting most of the 1st teams snaps at practice for the last several weeks, which makes his poor performance alarming.
Yeah, if he had actually played with the 1st team today I would agree.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a few things going in there. It wasn’t anything earth shattering but it looked promising at least. The one missed TD I thought was a nice pass/play by him to give that TE a chance.

But then I saw some of the same lazy mechanics slinging balls behind receivers that I’ve seen the few other time he’s had a shot. Once today had he thrown it out front more I think it could have been a TD potential in a great throw or at least a huge play with just a better throw.

Then he tossed another one pretty far behind someone and it was picked.

He has a lot work that needs to be done to prove he’s even serviceable IMO. He needs to start making his own opportunities when he gets in there

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There really just wasn't all that much to be impressed about.

The throw to Tyler Davis was really good ball placement. Other than that, what throw do you point to that was a great throw? Or even an above average throw?

He didn't handle pressure well, his pocket awareness is lacking, and his decision making is absolutely atrocious. And on top of that, he's just not really that accurate at this point.

I'm not about to wave my pom poms over a couple of chunk plays off of screens and a couple of quick outs.

He's nowhere near ready to be the starter. The Packers better hope they can work it out with Rodgers in the offseason.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yup folks clearly here didn’t even watch the game with some of the comments. First pick was Amaris fault 100% and second Newman got beat and Love tried but didn’t have time to step into throw - it was doomed right when that happened.

I honestly was surprised how well I felt he did honestly. Looked more natural and fluid offense.

Zero chance I’m ever choosing to let Aaron walk if I can help it of course….lord knows I have to say this or folks will take any drip of positive love post as a christening.
The first pick was definitely Amari's fault, but I wonder where that ball was going to wind up if it wouldn't have been tipped at the line of scrimmage. And I'm sorry but the second pick was awful. You either have to try to bolt the pocket or throw it away somewhere. It was a fling and a hope.

I'll give him credit for not taking a sack which is definitely one of the things you certainly can't do in that situation, but you also can't just say "f it he's down there somewhere" either.

Reaction score
Love was a Junior that Redshirted last season. 2021 was his 1st full training and Preseason. This is essentially his Rookie season and I don’t think any expert projected him fast out if the gate. Many are using the 13th season in Aaron Rodgers prime as their barometer for Jordan. I think that’s unfair and a poor way to analyze Jordan. I hope we restructure Aaron, but I think we have seen only glimpses of Love’s ability thus far. 1 and 1/2 games is not enough info for me to formulate a grandiose career statement one way or another.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There really just wasn't all that much to be impressed about.

The throw to Tyler Davis was really good ball placement. Other than that, what throw do you point to that was a great throw? Or even an above average throw?

He didn't handle pressure well, his pocket awareness is lacking, and his decision making is absolutely atrocious. And on top of that, he's just not really that accurate at this point.

I'm not about to wave my pom poms over a couple of chunk plays off of screens and a couple of quick outs.

He's nowhere near ready to be the starter. The Packers better hope they can work it out with Rodgers in the offseason.
His throw to St. Brown was nice. He also threw some good ones in the flat rolling right a little. In the middle to Deguara was spot on. I still think he has problems rolling left and throwing against the grain. Needs to work on that. IMHO Rodgers is the all time best at that and those account for a lot of completions.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love's performance yesterday was average and falls in line with what he has shown me thus far. I really wanted him to be better vs the Lions. It was an opportunity for significant playing time against a below average defense and no pressure to win - just have a good personal performance. He is a terrific athlete so he had some positive moments because of that, but I did not see a QB taking charge of his team. Honestly, if Patrick Taylor didn't have a terrific second half running, our offense would not have scored 17 points. Now that kid took advantage of an opportunity.

I don't fully understand what financial impact a potential Love trade would have on next season's salary issues, but I believe it should be explored.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't fully understand what financial impact a potential Love trade would have on next season's salary issues, but I believe is should be explored.

Fiscal reasons would be nearly a negative % of weight given to trading Love.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fiscal reasons would be nearly a negative % of weight given to trading Love.
Then keep the band together for '22 (AR & Love at QB). IF Love isn't ready then he should understand that pushing for a trade so he could be a starter isn't a wise move, yet. Sit down with AR, find out his ideal situation as far as how long he foresees playing. Layout a 3 or 4 year deal for $40Mil/yr and spread it out with an additional void year. Continue coaching-up Love, giving him as much playing time as possible in preseason & blow-outs, see if he's trade-able in '23.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then keep the band together for '22 (AR & Love at QB). IF Love isn't ready then he should understand that pushing for a trade so he could be a starter isn't a wise move, yet. Sit down with AR, find out his ideal situation as far as how long he foresees playing. Layout a 3 or 4 year deal for $40Mil/yr and spread it out with an additional void year. Continue coaching-up Love, giving him as much playing time as possible in preseason & blow-outs, see if he's trade-able in '23.

Everyone including Gute wouldn't choose Love over Rodgers this next year if possible. Not worried at all honestly, if Rodgers isn't back in Green Bay it won't be due to Gute and MLF choosing Love over him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the first pick, the ball apprared to first hit the hand of a Detroit player then bounce off Amari Rodger's hands to a Detroit player for an interception. Those are the kinds of plays that happen when you throw to a guy that appeared to be double covered. The second interception was wildly inaccurate thrown behind his primary receiver. I agree that Love hasn't played enough to render a solid judgement but so far its looks like he's the player that people had concerns about and lamented the waste of a first round pick on a player that couldn't help the team win a championship.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone including Gute wouldn't choose Love over Rodgers this next year if possible. Not worried at all honestly, if Rodgers isn't back in Green Bay it won't be due to Gute and MLF choosing Love over him.
I agree... if AR doesn't want to return I think Love is a better option than a mediocre vet who would require $10+Mil/yr. (thinking the garbage QB's/contracts like: Glennon/Bears, Foles/Bears, Bridgewater/Carolina, Bradford/Cardinals). I can honestly say I'd rather start Love than ANY free agent QB available in '22 if AR is gone.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree... if AR doesn't want to return I think Love is a better option than a mediocre vet who would require $10+Mil/yr. (thinking the garbage QB's/contracts like: Glennon/Bears, Foles/Bears, Bridgewater/Carolina, Bradford/Cardinals). I can honestly say I'd rather start Love than ANY free agent QB available in '22 if AR is gone.

If Matt Ryan was a FA maybe...but again he would purely be a placeholder for a year, two max. If Rodgers is gone Love will have one year to showcase if the answer is him or not for sure, and honestly should have that chance if it plays out that way.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Matt Ryan was a FA maybe...but again he would purely be a placeholder for a year, two max. If Rodgers is gone Love will have one year to showcase if the answer is him or not for sure, and honestly should have that chance if it plays out that way.
And how would that help the salary cap situation? Probably stuck with Love as the backup for next year. Who knows? Maybe he'll have an epiphany.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And how would that help the salary cap situation? Probably stuck with Love as the backup for next year. Who knows? Maybe he'll have an epiphany.

LOL Wasn't speaking to any fiscal item, solely what potential FAs I'd take over Love. 2022 will see Rodgers or Love as QB1 in GB.

Reaction score
The first pick was definitely Amari's fault, but I wonder where that ball was going to wind up if it wouldn't have been tipped at the line of scrimmage. And I'm sorry but the second pick was awful. You either have to try to bolt the pocket or throw it away somewhere. It was a fling and a hope.

I'll give him credit for not taking a sack which is definitely one of the things you certainly can't do in that situation, but you also can't just say "f it he's down there somewhere" either.
That’s one he’d like to have back. As the announcer says “if he puts that near the other hash that a TD”. He’s not seeing the whole field, but also he was adjusting to the speed of the game. Practice doesn’t do much for real time movement in this league and a half game is just getting in rhythm.
He’s got a ways to go, but he did make some decent throws also. It’s a tough deal when your expectation is to look any semblance of #12 within 1.5 starts

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That’s one he’d like to have back. As the announcer says “if he puts that near the other hash that a TD”. He’s not seeing the whole field, but also he was adjusting to the speed of the game. Practice doesn’t do much for real time movement in this league and a half game is just getting in rhythm.
He’s got a ways to go, but he did make some decent throws also. It’s a tough deal when your expectation is to look any semblance of #12
That's another throw separate from the interception.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is another universe right now where Jordan Love led the Packers to the NFL's first ever 17-0 season.
I don't think so. Even in an infinite number of universes there is no way Jordan Love wins 17 games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts