The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I don't think there's a backup quarterback out there who would win enough games for the Packers to make the postseason next year.
I don't think that is what you expect from a back-up. You want a back-up that can keep you in the race. That can come into a game and not blow it. And that has value.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think that is what you expect from a back-up. You want a back-up that can keep you in the race. That can come into a game and not blow it. And that has value.

I agree and in my opinion both McCoy and Smith would give the Packers a better chance of winning some games than Bortles.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually I don't think there's a backup quarterback out there who would win enough games for the Packers to make the postseason next year.
Packers play the AFC and NFC east next season along with 4 games vs the Bears and Lions. You don't think there are 9 wins there with a subpar QB?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he won’t jive here either but at least we are trying to recoup the lost cost on the idiotic Love selection. I cannot understate how stupid of a pick that was.
Traded up to get him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers play the AFC and NFC east next season along with 4 games vs the Bears and Lions. You don't think there are 9 wins there with a subpar QB?

No, I don't think the Packers will win at least nine games with a subpar quarterback next season. Especially considering they will need to create cap space by possibly moving on from several impact players.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my perspective, Tyler Huntley is a better QB than Love. Faster, more fluid, better passer. One was an undrafted free agent and the other, a #1 (wasted) pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

From my perspective, Tyler Huntley is a better QB than Love. Faster, more fluid, better passer. One was an undrafted free agent and the other, a #1 (wasted) pick.

At this point there's no doubt Huntley is a better quarterback than Love. Hopefully that changes down the road though.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, we got to see some Jordan Love this season. I'm certainly not ready to give up on him entirely, but the receipts weren't overly encouraging. He played poorly against KC and wasn't great today against Detroit with two INTs in the last two minutes of the game.

What concerns me the most is his accuracy or lack thereof. If I recall correctly, this was a concern people had about him coming out of college. After two years in the league, I don't see much of an improvement. A lot of his throws are at least a little off base, and some are way off. I suppose it's a mechanical thing but he needs to get that rectified before he can be an effective starter. Also, he really hasn't made any plays that made me go "wow, good throw." Even his TD pass today was just a screen that Deguara broke free on.

Again, I am not writing him off yet. We still haven't seen too much of him and Rodgers looked bad coming off the bench in his second year (2006). That being said, Love's performance makes me think that Gute needs to do everything he can to keep Rodgers at least through next season. Love doesn't look ready at all.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, we got to see some Jordan Love this season. I'm certainly not ready to give up on him entirely, but the receipts weren't overly encouraging. He played poorly against KC and wasn't great today against Detroit with two INTs in the last two minutes of the game.

What concerns me the most is his accuracy or lack thereof. If I recall correctly, this was a concern people had about him coming out of college. After two years in the league, I don't see much of an improvement. A lot of his throws are at least a little off base, and some are way off. I suppose it's a mechanical thing but he needs to get that rectified before he can be an effective starter. Also, he really hasn't made any plays that made me go "wow, good throw." Even his TD pass today was just a screen that Deguara broke free on.

Again, I am not writing him off yet. We still haven't seen too much of him and Rodgers looked bad coming off the bench in his second year (2006). That being said, Love's performance makes me think that Gute needs to do everything he can to keep Rodgers at least through next season. Love doesn't look ready at all.
I agree with lot of this… except the part about Rodgers. I do not agree that he looked bad early on. He wasn’t perfect, but he showed me more immediately than Love has.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with lot of this… except the part about Rodgers. I do not agree that he looked bad early on. He wasn’t perfect, but he showed me more immediately than Love has.
I really don't remember what Rodgers looked like coming off the bench in 2005 and 2006, I can only look at his numbers. He was 15/31 for 111 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT, with a 43.9 passer rating. But despite those bad numbers, maybe he made some flashy plays showcasing his talent, unlike Love.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't remember what Rodgers looked like coming off the bench in 2005 and 2006, I can only look at his numbers. He was 15/31 for 111 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT, with a 43.9 passer rating. But despite those bad numbers, maybe he made some flashy plays showcasing his talent, unlike Love.
That’s exactly why stats mean very little to me. I do remember. His numbers were meh…. but he did some things in the game that made me take notice in a way that Love definitely has not. And I was huge Favre fan so… it definitely wasn’t a Rodgers bias lol.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No record of winning. Nor amazing accuracy. Nor qb Smarts. No ‘it’ factor. Trade him for cap space. Extend 12 and 27.
pretty sure patrick Taylor(number 27) doesnt need an extension…. I’d prefer extending 17 lol

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Accuracy was his problem in the Mt. West conference and it appears to still be a big issue. He doesn't look like a starting qb. Perhaps his play today made Gute's job more clear in the post season. Find a way to keep #12.

wallsthotshot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Accuracy was his problem in the Mt. West conference and it appears to still be a big issue. He doesn't look like a starting qb. Perhaps his play today made Gute's job more clear in the post season. Find a way to keep #12.
Gute seems to have gotten a lot right incl repairing relationship - or building one - with Aaron. So… stage is set.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love has been getting most of the 1st teams snaps at practice for the last several weeks, which makes his poor performance alarming.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ready to write him off. It was a bad pick on day 1 and it's still a bad pick today. The guy's ceiling seems to be slightly below mediocre. It's a shame, but that's pro sports. Time to move on. The team needs something useful out of that roster spot next year, whether draft or trade. Oh, and meanwhile, extend Rodgers so he finishes his career in Green Bay.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In another universe Aaron did not come back to play for the Pack this season, the Pack go something like 8-9 and they miss the playoffs. Glad to still be witnessing AR12's greatness here while it last.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In another universe Aaron did not come back to play for the Pack this season, the Pack go something like 8-9 and they miss the playoffs. Glad to still be witnessing AR12's greatness here while it last.

In an infinite number of universes I suppose there might be one where we get 8 wins with Love at the helm.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but but but love wasn't ready for this game and he still needs time blah blah blah blah blah

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
No record of winning. Nor amazing accuracy. Nor qb Smarts. No ‘it’ factor. Trade him for cap space. Extend 12 and 17 (prev mistype of 17, thx).
His first pick was a perfect spot that AR8 let go through his hands. He catches it and you have your amazing accuracy throw. The second sailed because he couldn't step into it. He led a drive to take the lead midway through the 4th quarter. The defense let him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts