The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With the year he had, maybe he realized his leverage and "revenge factor" was never going to be higher than it is right now.

If that is the case, he really didn't think this through very clearly. He has already lost $500K by not showing up for the contracted offseason workouts. He stands to lose another $35+M if he continues this charade. I don't see a lot of people grieving for him and pleading his case. So really not sure what his endgame was here. Did he just assume that by crossing his arms and standing in the corner pouting the Packers would trade him? If all that we hear about negotiations is true, they actually went further than they probably needed to, by offering to rework his deal and once again, make him the highest paid QB. That doesn't feel like a team that is ready to move on without you.

I hope he never plans on going on the TV Show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" If he does, he will probably be too arrogant to use any of his lifelines and end up getting knocked out way before he makes it to the Million dollar question.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even sure we're going to hear that much from him. But he's got to do press, so he's going to have to say something.

I'm curious how the fans react to him this year if he plays. Does he get some boos?

I can't help but wonder if that was just step one in his revenge plan.
#1. Play lights out with an MVP year
#2. Demand trade and make the front office regret underappreciating him
If that MVP year finally results in winning it all a second time, I'm fine with the above.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that MVP year finally results in winning it all a second time, I'm fine with the above.
I was speaking of last year, but that didn't result in winning it all. But I agree, if he wins it all this year and then wants to jet, I'd make that trade.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This preseason should be interesting, with Rodgers back, and Bortles gone. We should be getting a good look at Jordon Love. And does Rodgers play more than in previous preseasons? I don't see why he would.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This preseason should be interesting, with Rodgers back, and Bortles gone. We should be getting a good look at Jordon Love. And does Rodgers play more than in previous preseasons? I don't see why he would.
I highly doubt that Rodgers will play in preaseason at all. He doesnt need it.

It will be interesting to see LOves development. It seems like he already made a big jump and had a good start at training camp. So I am hopeful that he can develop properly.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Did Bortles even get a number ? and was he better than Couch ?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Did Bortles even get a number ? and was he better than Couch ?
Yes.....8675....309 <sing it if you can>

I think he was viewed as the emergency guy if Rodgers didn't report. Not too mention if Jordan didn't look ready to backup. I am kind of glad they cut him, now all those saying Jordan was a terrible pick because he didn't beat out Boyle can shut up :D

Attachments

• https___lombardiave.com_wp-content_uploads_imagn-images_2017_07_16195268-850x560.jpeg
    https___lombardiave.com_wp-content_uploads_imagn-images_2017_07_16195268-850x560.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 98
I

Yes.....8675....309 <sing it if you can>

I think he was viewed as the emergency guy if Rodgers didn't report. Not too mention if Jordan didn't look ready to backup. I am kind of glad they cut him, now all those saying Jordan was a terrible pick because he didn't beat out Boyle can shut up :D
Have you been watching the Disney channel ?

I

It`s unavailable to me in my country for some reason.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't typically pay much attention to preseason tbh, but I'm going to try to watch the games this year to see what JLo can do. Jeez, that's only 2 weeks away.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From all accounts today he looked excellent, yesterday wasn’t so hot. He’s young but I love what guys like Adams and Bahk said about him and the feel he is presenting out there this year.
Just want to see him get a ton of action in the 3 preseason games.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% accurate. I remember all of the hate for Aaron Rodgers. Some of it was due to the Favre saga but Rodgers rarely looked good in training camps or pre-season games. Make no mistake, Love is going to struggle. Hopefully he has been studying the **** out of the playbook for the past year.
I think in 2006 Favre got hurt against the Pats and Rodgers came in and suffered a broken bone in a foot.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I think in 2006 Favre got hurt against the Pats and Rodgers came in and suffered a broken bone in a foot.
Rodgers did come in during some mop up duty when the Packers were getting whooped and did break his foot. I believe it was his rookie year.

I don't remember the hate for Rodgers. At the time though I live in MN.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember "hate" for Rodgers when that happened, just a lot of "wow, what a drop-off between Favre and the new guy". Any transition won't be seamless, but I also don't expect such a big drop-off with Love, either, as he should at least have an idea of where his #3 or #4 options are by now (something Trubisky in Chicago never mastered which is why he's gone, already).

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers did come in during some mop up duty when the Packers were getting whooped and did break his foot. I believe it was his rookie year.

I don't remember the hate for Rodgers. At the time though I live in MN.

I don't remember the hate for Rodgers until the Favre situation began in 2008...which is kinda ironic because this time around I haven't seen much if any Jordan Love hate.

But I guess we all knew Rodgers wasn't leaving. When he sies indeed exit...itll be interesting to see if the love hate starts

Krabs

Reaction score
I don't remember the hate for Rodgers until the Favre situation began in 2008...which is kinda ironic because this time around I haven't seen much if any Jordan Love hate.

But I guess we all knew Rodgers wasn't leaving. When he sies indeed exit...itll be interesting to see if the love hate starts
I really don't think there will be hate for Love. I think a lot of people will be okay with Rodgers moving on.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember "hate" for Rodgers when that happened, just a lot of "wow, what a drop-off between Favre and the new guy". Any transition won't be seamless, but I also don't expect such a big drop-off with Love, either, as he should at least have an idea of where his #3 or #4 options are by now (something Trubisky in Chicago never mastered which is why he's gone, already).

I think Love will be pretty good but that still means there will be a substantial drop-off. Rodgers is, in my opinion, the best QB ever (obviously just an opinion but I can't think of anything he CAN'T do at an elite level at QB) so even if Love turns into a Pro-Bowl QB, that still leaves a lot of room. Being confident that Love can be pretty good is a long way from being confident he'll be a first ballot HoF QB.

Krabs

Reaction score
I think Love will be pretty good but that still means there will be a substantial drop-off. Rodgers is, in my opinion, the best QB ever (obviously just an opinion but I can't think of anything he CAN'T do at an elite level at QB) so even if Love turns into a Pro-Bowl QB, that still leaves a lot of room. Being confident that Love can be pretty good is a long way from being confident he'll be a first ballot HoF QB.
I'm kind of on the other side of things. I feel like Love will be a bust. Now, I'm not saying I want that and I would be thrilled if he was even at a Pro-Bowl level. I just think the odds are that the Packers can't land on three QB's in a row. It would be pretty awesome though!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chances of finding a star QB in any draft is extremely low. I mean every year a couple teams find a new starter out of all the QB's available, but hardly any of them amount to anything more than barely average in their best years. After you find 1, finding 2 is so statistically low to study it would probably irrelevant. 3? why bother trying to figure it out. Let's just see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts